General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 47 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Elite dangerous

HelloI am trying to figure out how to play ED. How can you see the keyboard? Or is it touch capable?

non-Clarity

So I purchased the CV1, without demo'ing it.SDEI fly Aces High 3, only game I play. RIFT was gonna bring new dimension to the game, which is does in spades. I mean WOW! However the SDE is killing me. I was quite surprised, this is a no brainer, why w...

HARE333 by Level 2
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

VR poised to look even worse in 2017?

The advent of 4k console gaming and lower priced 4k sets will usher in a new era of spoiled, bratty, whiny kids counting pixels, arguing and playing Mr. PC Hardware Guy. Given that VR is already borderline "shit" resolution, what does this say about ...

danknugz by Level 9
  • 96 replies
  • 2 kudos

Sensory Underload

So, I've purchased the Oculus, then my laptop didn't have the minimums needed for the software. That's fine. Several trips to Best Buy and now I have an Alienware laptop with more than enough all categories. Then my headset didn't work. Extra trip to...

google earth

getting really peed off with this , have installed google earth vr it will not start hit start it resets to start again have re installed game , have re installed oculus, re booted computer . any ideas/help please

Room scale boundaries with touch?

I read somewhere that we will be able to set up room scale with boundaries, that will give attention to that we are about to leave the play area, or getting close to a wall.Will this be triggered by the headset or the touch controllers?I will have a ...

Oculus LANDFALL Players group

Guys let's make a weekend match competition by setting a time and teams. If interested reply and we can figure out a way to get connected. suggest time in PST time zone to start the match

Thoughts on the Batman VR demo?

After trying out the new Batman VR i have mixed feelings on what i thought of it, on the one hand the graphics were great and the ability to solve puzzles and be immersed in the world was both exciting and scary, on the other hand the lack of action ...

Windows 10 Creators Update causing problems for DK2

Hi,I've had my DK2 running on my system normally under Windows 10. After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update, my headset and my sensor weren't being detected. I updated the Oculus software and ran additional windows updates, but it doesn't seem t...

Windows Creator Update

Has anybody done the Windows 10 Creator update? If so, are there any issues with the Rift? I'm a little nervous to try it.

EddieNC by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Touch Controls

Hello, i was just wondering why i haven't got access to some of the games on the oculus store that state free when activating the touch controllers?

Need advise about buying used DK2

Hi guys,I am about to buy a used DK2 I am a liltle bit suspicious about the seller. Is there a easy to check if the DK2 is working without a computer ? Like by just plugging it to the wall ? Thanks Alex

Return a purchased Game

So my daughter purchased rock band vr. After purchasing I noticed it said you need win 10. Is it possible to return it? I'm on win7 pro x64. I know virtual desktop have me a warning saying win 8.1 or higher needed. But rock band allowed to be purchas...

Earth Day surprise in Oculus Home

There's a nice little surprise in oculus home. I won't give it away by telling what it is so I will let you see for yourself.I have no objection to Earth Day , But I hope this doesn't become anything like the Google Doodle's, in which google chooses ...

Resolved! Can you remove apps from your "Not Installed" libarary?

I only see the option to install, no option to remove. My list is getting crowded and I want to remove (or hide) some of the old demos that I'm never going to watch/play again. I format my PC every couple months, and it's becoming a chore finding the...

Gear VR on Oculus Rift?

I just reed an older forum discussion here about the game Ascension VR. Searching for it I did find it in the Gear VR section of the Oculus Store - but at Steam it is listed for Oculus and Vive. Can Gear VR Games / Experiences can be played/watched w...

Gear VR with Unity, jagged edges or antialiasing issue

Hi everybody,I'm developing a game for Samsung Gear VR with Unity 5.1.3.I have a big problem with borders of the 3d objects, you can't see them like a line, you see jagged edges, like saw-tooth effect.I tried to play with Unity settings, but i can't ...

So... about that Gear VR Controller

Anyone notice that the design of this new MobileVR controller has a very similar design to a competitor hand-controller (albeit smaller),HTC Vive WandThere is a huge similarity in design and control layout (minus the banana compartment). This sort of...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bullet Sorrow VR DEMO

Not sure how this compares for Roborecall fans but I had fun with this. Try the Bullet Sorrow demo on Steam. The game has just been updated to include more robust content compared to the early access previously.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhlKpto...

how to update to 1.14?

helloi just checked and i am still running on the 1.13 i have auto update on, but it has not updated. is there way to manual update to 1.14?TU

Question about gear requirements

Hidy ho all,I haven't picked up a Rift yet, because I've been both waiting for the price to drop, and for a few awesome games to come out. There are enough games out, that I think I can start seriously looking at purchasing a headset. And I wanted to...

External magnetometer?

I had heard the Oculus Rift had an external magnetometer available for it, at least in one of the development kit (DK) models, but looking at unboxing videos and various websites, I don't see any evidence this is correct.Do any of the Oculus Rift mod...

Playing 360 gaming with 2 sensors???

I have an oculus rift with touch and 2 sensors, i use these sensors for full 360 movement as it is needed in alot of games. I just bought the multiplayer military shooter onward last night and i was looking to see if other posters have issues with tr...

Subtitles

Dear Friends,Is there any possibility that subtitles will be added back to oculus cinema.Thanking you,

I can record Video but no game audio

Is there a way to do this. I've been trying to record gameplay from my Oculus CV1 but all I get is my voice and no game audio. Any tricks that I can do to remedy this?

Zuhan by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving the sensors

HelloI would like to know if once I setup my 2 sensor setup. If I can rotate one of the sensors.What I am trying to do is make it so I can use the rift when in my driving simulator and also play area next to it. My play area is only 4x4 feet and my r...

Top Kudoed Authors