General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Clickbait claiming Facebook giving up vr

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05/05/oculus_vr_studio_axed/ this article is making clickbait saying you closed story studios because oculus wasn't selling well and nobody wanted it.

RazerBlade Pro with rift?

I would like to get the new razerblade pro gaming laptop, but I fear it will have no hdmi to put the rift in, (or dvi). I searched the internet and specs but nothing touches up on its inputs and outputs, could anyone possibly provide me with an answe...

Age Of Heroes VR

Maybe everyone just loves wave shooters but it seems Omnigames will need a miracle to get their game funded via Kickstarter. Anyhow check out the deets.Developers Omnigames are proud to announce that Age of Heroes VR is coming soon. This video takes ...

Is a third sensor necessary?

I am pondering over the idea of getting a third sensor. I am reasonably happy with my 2-sensor 360 setup. Except for when I am standing in a corner at certain particular angles, the tracking has been pretty good. I am pretty sure a third sensor can g...

Hours in VR changes the way the world looks

I just got my Rift yesterday and spent a total of about 10 hours in VR from yesterday and today. While out to dinner with the wife, driving, walking around at home, looking at my phone, etc.... everything looks and feels different. A different depth ...

How high quality are touch controllers?

I seem to be playing wave shooters a lot and rarely do they have an option to just hold the trigger buttons for fire. That means trigger switches get a LOT of exercise! I think cherry switches are rated to about 10 million clicks. Are the touch contr...

gr0bda by Level 7
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facebook is closing Oculus Story Studios

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to shift our focus away from internal content creation to support more external production.As part of that shift, we’ll be winding down Story Studio.Quote from Jason Rubin.https://www.oculus.com/blog/the-nex...

We need better social functionality five minutes ago

I've gotten a invite to play Dead And Buried twice and I have no way to chat, or tell him why the invite times out or why I decline.For a company owned by Facebook this is silly. And no I am not linking my Facebook to Oculus Home. No thank you. Imple...

JS285 joystick compatability

even fellow rifters I just bought meself a JS285 HOTAS to use while playing Elite and Valkryie its a low end hotas I know but for some reason I just cant get the damned thing to work with either game !. Windows 10 sees it ok and ive mapped the settin...

Farpoint and kids playing vr

Hey does anyone on here own a Psvr cause farpoint looks like it's gonna be a great vr game, Im buying it next week, and my 8 year old cousin is coming down this summer, is there really any harm done for kids under 12 to play vr games I mean the 3ds h...

Hey oculus you need to rethink your vr strategy

I think you need to release a console version of the oculus rift just like the gear vr, I think if release a headset on a console you might be able sell lots of headsets look how well Sony is doing they sold over a million vr headsets and its a big s...

About Facebooks F8 2017 Keynotes (AR and AI)

If some of you have seen the Facebook F8 2017 keynotes, you will have recognised that most of the talks were about AI and AR technology. One thing were AR camera effects for everyones smartphones.Here is a little video showing some of those effects:h...

Now that touch is out, do you use the Xbox controller much?

I got my self touch and games that use touch. I have no games that do not require touch. Just lucky's tale but i don't play it much.But in my case I use Unity to create walkthroughs of my own environments so i need the xbox controller for locomotion(...

Weekly VR News - The Grid VR (May)

Hi all,I make a weekly VR news show called 'The Grid'. Instead of spamming this forum, I create one post for each month and update it with the latest episode. Here is May:Ep 13 - May 26th:Townsmen VR, Alien VR (not Isolation), Farpoint Debuts at No. ...

The Best Buy Reality

Just visited the Culver City Best Buy - and they are just phoning it in about the OVR CV1 - they have a dusty unit behind glass and have removed the demo booth (from flagship to zero!) We will have to wonder how good a plan it was to sign that exclus...

Foveation built in to rift driver ?

Re: Eye Tracking and foveation (only rendering high res where the user is looking, to reduce GPU load)Batman Arkham VR uses foveation based on where your head is pointing (without eye tracking). This works because a VR user typically moves his head a...

Oculus Story Studio - Whats the best you've seen?

What are the best videos you have see by Oculus Story Studio?I think these are the ones I have seen...Henry, Lost, Dear Angelica, Abe VR. And all four short films are brilliant, is there anymore out there that I've missed or not seen or did Oculus on...

Is it possible to create a future proof PC for Rift?

Now that I've upgraded my CPU (overclocked Ryzen 1600, RAM at 3200Mhz) I think I'm ok there.Ignoring really badly optimised games or externally setting SS to 2, are there any games out at the moment that even a 1080ti can't drive with everything at m...

Nose Gap is really Useful!

Some people and Vive people say that the nosegap is annoying but i find it very useful. It's how i can make sure I'm not about to hit something or just to put the controllers down in a safe space in my room when i need to take the headset off. What d...

Risking my Rift

I've just dropped my Rift off at the UPS collection point, off for replacement.However, I nearly didn't. Why have these transport services suddenly adopted the policy of not providing any evidence that a package has been collected or dropped off? I'v...

Oculus shuts down Emmy-winning VR short-film division

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05/oculus-shuts-down-emmy-winning-vr-short-film-division/This does not seem to be good news to me. Here is Oculus's spin on ithttps://www.oculus.com/blog/the-next-chapter-of-creative-development-in-vr/

zboson by Level 9
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

My Order: 613*********

I ordered the Oculus Rift almost a week ago and it still hasn't shipped? When I ordered it is says "Usually ships in 2 business days"; well its been 7 what's the deal? When I check the forums I see others have complained about shipping times? What's ...

Oculus earphones

The oculus earphones (bought separately) is so awesome, I highly recommend it. You feel immersive, feels so awesome plus you don't need a separate cable running down your computer because you attach it to your headset. Favour it over the headphones.

Labels