General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Give up on Desktop VR and focus on Mobile VR?

For me it was only a matter of time before the mobile app crowd started stomping at the walls of the PC enthusiasts.Here is a lengthy article from someone who (in my opinion) completely butcher's John Carmack's quotes in order to proclaim a world whe...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 40 replies
  • 1 kudos

Steam App?

Does anyone know if there are any apps available or planned to allow us to connect direct to our Steam library whilst in the Oculus store to prevent us having to lift up or take off our HMD everytime we want to play a Steam game in VR?My games are no...

New Gear VR With Controller

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-samsungs-new-gear-vr-with-controllerpowered-by-oculus/Does anybody know of any changes to the Gear VR or is it the same one with a controller?It says "new Gear VR" but only talks about the controller.

Congrats Oculus on the Gear VR controller announcement

Rumoured for a while, and now to be released... great stuff. I'm really looking forward to tinkering with this, as I have some stuff in the works that I think would benefit from this.The timing is great actually, because the next project I'm working ...

1 sensor aka the drifting hands fiasco.

Sooo was tiding up wires on my computer earlier, and left out one sensor. I played 3 games of D&B with drifting hands all over the place (surprisingly wasn't doing all that bad either) was funny when I went to set up my sensors again realizing one wa...

n3cr0-0 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why rate a game if it won't load?

I was just looking at some games I want to purchase, but some of the ratings are from people who haven't even played the games because their unable to get the game to load. What is Oculus policy on games that fail to load for some people? I think it'...

RedRizla by Level 15
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Google tilt

Just played google tilt. I'm not good but I'm having fun.easier to use than quill and the brush selection is better.

w1dg3t by Level 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

My VR Lens Lab lens

I've been wearing contact lens while using rift, which hasn't been too much of an issue but I only have daily disposable contacts for sports and social stuff. My glasses don't fit inside the HMD.I ordered a pair of lens from VR Lens Lab, and chose th...

Update on 1.11 tracking issues and the upcoming 1.12 release

Hey all, I wanted to give everyone an update on the next release (1.12) and where we are with improvements to Rift tracking. Our #1 priority right now is addressing the new tracking issues some users are experiencing in 1.11 without reducing the impa...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 49 replies
  • 24 kudos

Need help loading software.

I can't get the software to download on my S7 Edge. I have the Facebook system app enabled but I can't find the Facebook app manager. The software starts downloading then gets to app manager then stops.

SteamVR question

Do you need to download the SteamVR app to play oculus games purchased on Steam? When I load steam, a pop up asks if I want to DL steamVR. Wouldn't Oculus games on steam just use the Oculus runtime or is SteamVR needed for some other reason?I get tha...

Xrc6 by Level 3
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

3+ sensor "handoff" - anyone know the technicalities?

I notice that a key issue with the recent tracking issues seems to be to do with "handoff" between the sensors.I was wondering if anyone had any technical insight into why there needs to be a handoff from one to the other.Surely the crucial benefit o...

Oculus Staff - Video section please?

Hi guys,Could I request a new sub-section in the forums for Oculus members to post video's?I think it would be really good for the community to be able to share any VR video's of interest.Cheers!

Look

https://www.bluesnews.com

Hyzz by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who makes games for heasets like this?

I'm just wondering if these headsets are steam compatible because if not there won't be any games for them. I have to admit I do like the design of this one. http://www.gearbest.com/all-in-one-vr/pp_611215.html?currency=GBP&vip=970541&gclid=CJ7YhKf_q...

Qualcomm VR Dev Kit - This Sounds Amazing

This has got me excited.Today, Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., has introduced a new virtual reality development kit (VRDK) for the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 mobile platform. The new Sna...

ZeniMax Files to Halt Oculus’ Use of Rift & Gear!

According to a report by Reuters, ZeniMax filed papers on Thursday, at the same court where the early 2017 trial was held, which seek an injunction that would prevent distribution of the VR code that was found to infringe on ZeniMax’s copyright. Acco...

Oculus Home Gift Cards

Are there not Oculus Home gift cards? I don't understand this. Why refuse prepayment for games?

Ardawg by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lens Pens with "dry cleaning compounds"

I've been looking at several lens pens for cleaning my Rift's lenses, but they seem to all come with a "dry cleaning compound" that re-applies itself every time you cap the pen. Are these "dry cleaning compounds" safe to use on Rift lenses?Thanks

I HATE my Rift and I'm both confused and disappointed

First let me say I don't mean this to be a rant post but rather more of a gut check - in many ways I want to make sure that there isn't something wrong with either me gear (CV1), myself (physically?) or simply my expectations (likely). So let me expl...

Exigeous by Level 4
  • 154 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels