General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 32 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

How does this Oculus store sale work?

OK, I know how a "Sale" works but I want to know if the sales here like old steam sales where they take a title and give it a deep discount for 24 hrs?Reason I ask is Im eyeballing Elite Dangerous and its already on sale. However, I will be willing t...

mavruss by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Handling Friends/Guests

Curious how some of you are handling sharing the Rift with friends/guests. I don't believe there is a way to set up a guest account, so how are you handling letting friends or family try things without their efforts ruining or progressing the progres...

hourglass ?

Hello what is the hourglass in the oculus ?I need to restart my game all the time.

Motion controls when you're left handed...

As most of you know, I have a Vive. Which means I have motion controls. and Rift is getting motion controls soon (not before time!), so I felt it was appropriate to post this...Motion controls add a huge amount to a game. But, and it's a big but, bec...

notsram by Level 9
  • 45 replies
  • 2 kudos

Will there be Rift revisions?

Hardware revisions are common in the PC industry, do you think the Rift and Vive should be treated to small, but significant fixes or do you feel that would be unfair if say they came out with a revision that fixed the screen door effect or updated t...

Thane_ by Level 7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can my downloaded games be saved?

Hey everyone - I reinstalled Oculus due to a sensor problem (not working), without thinking about backing up all my games. However, they were already installed on the (D:) drive, while the Oculus app was installed on the (C:) drive...Do I *REALLY* ne...

Henri by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

My favorite dual-camera setup

I often need the 360° tracking, but in a few cases I do noticeably benefit from the improved dual front facing tracking.So what I do is use the experimental 360° mode (placing the cameras in two opposite corners, at different heights in my case), whi...

No Sound from my surround sound

Does any one know how to get sound from both my rift headset and tv/surround sound? Ive went into oculus settings and my computer settings and it only gives me the option of either or but not both. my computer running i5-6400 amd radeon rx480 sound c...

Promoted?

ooo, i just got promoted, but can anyone please tell me who or what a "3Jane" is?I've Googled it and found lots of links to some blond-haired singer, so is that who the rank relates to?What can i say, i'm old and apparently not very hip and i'd proba...

Greyman by Level 9
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can you request software additions to the Oculus Store ?

I guess it's up to the software editors to contact Oculus VR about adding their title to the Oculus Store...But assuming they don't, how could a CV1 owner request from Oculus VR to try out and contact a software editor about adding a specific title t...

Oculus touch - damage control

Hi guys,I wonder how many of you caused any damage at home using rift/touch.Just in last 2 days I nearly broke my soffit lamp and i scratched the wall corner playing Dead and Buried (controller has got a nice scratch as well...)At leased my Mrs was l...

AdKiuCM by Level 5
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Winter Sale as a Sticky Forum post at top?

It would be nice to have an announcement forum post so we know there is a sale going on... seems i missed The Climb's daily deal price  Good thing i managed to notice it today to get Edge of Nowhere. But it would have been nice to get an email notif...

These USB 5M extension cables work!!

For the people who is having issiues with 5M long extension cables.. after trying some here in the netherlands..all cables did not work..i ordered the active ones by cable matters,and they work perfectly.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DMFB5OK...

Order Shipment

How fast do orders usually ship out? I don't see any options for expedited shipping, etc.... or if oculus is even in stock.Only ordered a few days ago but wondering if ill have in time for xmas -- or do I need a back up gift lol

doobwaa by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Canadian Duties Tax

So I just got my Oculus Rift and Earphones delivered from UPS. I had to pay an extra $105 for duties/UPS fees. Is this what everyone had to pay as well?

Oculus Touch: the battery compartment hates me

I received my Touch controllers on December 14th (special thanks to Oculus for getting the delivery in my home before the estimated shipping date of Dec 15); and I have been massively addicted to The Unspoken.I posted a brief review of my thoughts on...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Funding and Hardware requests?

I keep seeing videos and news stating that Oculus is offering grants to legit devs looking to make things on their platform yet I can't find any actual information or submission links.I saw a hardware request form. I figured I'd start there. But the ...

what do you think of this sound vest for vr?

https://www.amazon.com/SubPac-M2-Wearable-Physical-System/dp/B0195BL4OU/ref=br_asw_pdt-2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=769W9ZDBQSWNRN17T9EN&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=4beeb8cd-d2c9-47dc-a286-d46680fdd511&pf_rd_i=desktop&th=1I see good reviews but...

shin777 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is MSI GS63VR laptop compatible with Touch controllers?

I have just ordered the GS63VR laptop (FullHD version) to be able to make demos with the CV1, but I read in reddit that there are some issues with the touch controllers and the USB ports for this particular laptop.I still have not the Touch controlle...

The Ikea lamp arrived!

Little moment test:https://www.dropbox.com/s/7arp2ux0qyoredb/2016-12-21%2020-44-07.flv?dl=0 The Lamp:https://www.dropbox.com/s/6whlem8p0447cnm/2016-12-21%2021-03-58.flv?dl=0 Works fine!

Bitcoin as currency in VR?

With the rise of Bitcoin (BTC) lately, I was thinking how efficient it would be to use BTC as a currency in VR. Do you guys think digital currency will become common in VR if it ever becomes less volatile and when VR is mainstream among users?Digital...

Rift barely fits, anyone else?

I'm not an alien, but someone with a large frame, hell I don't own a wrist watch, because they don't fit without a custom band of a larger size which just adds more cost. I have the Rift adjusted out as far as I can go and still get some velcro to ho...

MiReal by Level 3
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't get my 6 game bundle

I got an samsung s7 and the gear vr from the promotion thing and signed in and can't get my free games can someone help

Coupon/Promo Codes for Apps?

Hello-I have a client who wants to have paid content for a GEAR VR app in the Oculus Store. They would also like to have coupon or promo codes available to give to reviewers, etc. Are these available? If so, how should we implement this?Thank you in ...

mjzVR by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors