Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Cannot reach oculus runtime.

Got home from work and fired up my computer this afternoon. Apon starting oculus I got a message that says cannot reach runtime the software may be updating etc. Is there an update going out today or what? Worked fine last night and today this. It do...

Fredd32 by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

oculus tray tool.

havent tried it out but sounds pretty useful. has anyone used this yet?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjk27KByLc

vlodato by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Single Eye adjustment for direction and rotation

I have a friend who recently underwent major brain surgery. As a result, his eyes no longer track together, and he is suffering from debilitating double vision. He tells me that his right side vision is tilted 45 degrees from the left (which has most...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can i use Oculus rift with other IR tracking system?

I want to use oculus for visualization. but also i have to use another IR tracking system to track full body and tools. Is it possible? I'm worry about IR interference. If there is a way to use oculus rift with only gyro sensor to update VR not using...

lizamon by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

I thought power came from the usb cable?

Just now the weirdest thing happened, I stepped on my cable, and the image disappeared, it went all black, so ofc I was scared I broke the cable, even though I didn't step on it hard..But when I took it off I saw the orange light was still burning, a...

Buying my first Oculus VR and some questions :)

Hi, I just signed up. I am planning to buy my first VR set so here are some questions:1) Am I allowed to buy more than 1 set since we have more than one member in the family wanting to play at any one time? And is there a discount if we get more than...

Oculus is NOT dead! Long live the King!

In your face, naysayers and complainer bitches! (Don't take this one too serious)Like I said: 2017 will be the year of VR and Oculus is up front, because content is king!https://twitter.com/Jason_Rubin/status/828705275192320000And here are some title...

[Touch] The first game to play.

Hey guys!My Package with Oculus Touch is arriving today, and i would like to hear from other Touch users, what game i shoud play as first.I own the Hidden Gems Game Bundle. And some others. like 'EVE: Valkery', AltspaceVR & Lucky's Tale.Btw, while wr...

PC 1080 gtx setting

Hi guys I have a issue of jitter in my pc whwn I use the Oculus CK1 . I try to use the debug tool to change thePixels per display parameter to 2 . Close tasks using task manager . The frame rate is 90 .Do I have to change anything in the GPU setting ...

sonra100 by Honored Guest
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

HDMI cable vs DVI, and black levels... makes a difference?

Reading around, it appears using a straight DVI cable from the rift to your gpu instead of HDMI provides darker black levels, where as using HDMI (or the HDMI to DVI adapter included with the rift) produces lighter/gray black levels.And this is more ...

Touch sensor placement

I have just received my touch controllers and have 2 sensors. My room is roughly 10ft x 10ft and my desk is in the corner of the room so placing the sensors on the desk 6ft apart will increase the chance of me punching the wall when gaming. Now my qu...

how to get more people to buy Oculus Rift?

The simplest solution I can think of is to convert existing Gear VR owners into Oculus Rift owners.The easiest way forward might be social VR experiences (like facebook) that allow VR cross interaction between GearVR and Rift.A virtual penny for your...

Resolved! Does Anyone know How can I collect my App revenue?

Hi,I am an app developer with apps on Oculus store.I had fill up my Payment information page with all the details, Even Oculus is sending me Monthly statement/Invoice but there's no transaction of money from Oculus/Facebook to my Bank account. Althou...

wikipedia

Is there dedicated pages on oculus rift games on wikipedia? I feel like this needs to be added because I keep switching between vd and OH just to checlk the latest game releases.

god_alom by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Got The Startech USB Card To Test

So I didnt truly need this card, it was more due to the fact that oculus reported my sensors connected via USB 2.0 when they were plugged into USB 3.0 slots - kinda bothered me. I was getting good tracking with 3 sensors, with the normal shake when s...

dougchism by Expert Protege
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

VR hack for Rez 7

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleCardboard/comments/5sksk6/resident_evil_7_on_google_cardboard_vr_box_fiit/if it works, it could work for other games. 

w1dg3t by Expert Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Starting to regret buying my touch controllers.....

Using one sensor on my beast of a machine, the Rift works beautifully without an ounce of stutter....ever.Asus Z270 Maximus IX Formulai7 7700kGTX 1080....and all the bells and whisltes.Since going to 2 sensors and the touch controller I noticed sligh...

The Touch setup want's sensors setup within 2 metres? Help!!!

Setup tells me to set them up no wider than 2 metres, but I cannot have them any closer, how do I get around this? and if I ignore this will my setup be wrong? Not sure what to do now. I see many setups on Youtube with 2 sensors setup extremely far a...

Top Solution Authors
Labels