General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Where do we buy sensor number 3 from?

I've been wondering this for a while now and seeing as oculus advise a 3rd sensor for when you are jumping around your room playing Rockband VR, how do we order these? I'm rather surprised there isn't just an option to order 2 with the touch tbh.

Room scale and wire length not going to be long enough

Do hope they are going to give bit more cable so not having to have cable going cross middle of floor to get sensors behind you.. Anyone Know any Good USB 3.0 extenders that they know that will work as having large lounge think going to need to get l...

That Virtual Reality "platform"

I wanted to take a moment to talk about Virtual Reality as an official Third Platform. The term "platform" typically refers to building blocks surrounding software-based concepts by nature. However, that is not what I'm referring to at all. For examp...

Zenbane by Level 16
  • 19 replies
  • 3 kudos

Dcs multiplayer

Any bods on here play DCS regularly? I want to play some multiplayer but not with people who can shoot me down before I've retracted my undercarriage lol anyone up for it sometime soon?

Techy111 by Volunteer Moderator
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

tiny sratches and small smudge marks

Its a little upsetting having tiny scratches and small scattered smudge marks on the lenses. I was amazed that the small smudge marks on lenses wouldnt come off with the non alcohol cleaner I used. It's also amazing that the quality of the visuals ar...

Anyone know if desk scene will support multiple sensors?

I will be claiming my priority status tomorrow for touch and so I started working on my setup today. I am mounting my sensors in the upper corners of the room and desk scene is really great for aiming you camera effectively. I was hoping the devs (I ...

Fredd32 by Level 5
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

It's to bad oculus wont say when the cv2 is coming out

i was hoping Oculus would mention something about Rift cv2 at the event yesterday but i didnt hear any thing . It's to bad oculus wont say when the cv2 is coming out. I am sure there are people siting on the fence deciding if they should get cv1 or c...

jim1174 by Level 4
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Project cars, help needed

After a race completes and it goes to the leader board I have no rift control. I can use the buttons on my Logitech G27 to get out to the main menu where you pick cars and tracks and still I have no rift control. If I use the buttons to start a new r...

I tried PSVR

I just tried yesterday the psvr at MIT, and what I can tell you is thatSony expertise on display quality has pushed their headset far far awayfrom their other competitors. Sony has managed to beat Oculus and HTC on allaspects regarding either design,...

aminemo by Level 3
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Room scale with the rift

Would anyone have any idea if u use 3 sensors for room scale how u can set it up without tripping over the wires. Vive has wireless sensors. So this doesnt sound practical.

inovator by Level 12
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Did you notice bad news for PC VR gaming in OC3? I did.

It's almost morning, so I'll surely forget some things. I'll add them later.Here's what I found so far, after watching just one video on VIDEOS tab on Oculus' Twitch account:- first of all - as expected - no talks about CV2.- notice Abrash talking ab...

RonsonPL by Level 7
  • 111 replies
  • 3 kudos

3 Sensors

OK so I will probably go with the 3 sensor configuration. I also have several external USB 3 drives on my computer. What USB 3.0 PCI-E card will work with all of my Oculus connections?

Yet another sensor issue (sorry)

Up until Friday I had zero problems. Sensor to the right of my monitor, angled slightly to face me. Approx 3 ft away from my face. On Friday in DCS I can still look over my right shoulder with no problems whatsoever. I look over my left shoulder and ...

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASW with flyinside FSX

Hi all.Has anyone got asw to work with flyinside fsxIve tried it with the fps monitor and it dosent read 45 fps(ive tried pcars and it works fine)also when I press the ctrl/numberpad keys they dont seem to do anything.Any help please.

VilboUK by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking stutter facing away from camera?

Hey guys,Just wondering whether it is normal to get a bit of tracking stutter when your facing away from the camera. I thought there were sensors on the back of the headset so you could turn around.Thanks

OC3 Bingo!

Well after the success of E3 Bingo - thought we should play some more 'conference announcement bingo'.The rules are simple to newcomers - guess how many of the terms below are mentioned during OC3 Interviews or conferences statements and win a free t...

Touch Order no longer on account ?

On my Oculus account under Orders (think that is were it used to be ) I used to have Rift order information and the line about my place has been held for Touch order ( which we selected when we pre-ordered the Rift) , This entire section of the Order...

Zandil by Level 8
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about big screen please

Can I play regular non be games on it? Like f1 or gears of war etc ? If so how ?please explain in great detail I'm really new to all this thanks so much

Benefit of ordering Oculus + Touch bundle?

So ordering the oculus and touch as a bundle seems to be exactly the same price as ordering separately. I wanted to get the touch bundle but not keen on pre ordering then having to wait till December to get the rift. (It's hard to wait any longer tha...

Halcyon VR TV programme.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2016/02/syfys-new-series-halcyon-to-consist-of-traditional-and-vr-episodes/Looks interesting? First 10 episodes in 2d and last 5 in VR for the rift. Sorry if posted before but just seen an advert for it on the UK syfy channel.

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Oculus evolution (idea) - appealing to 50 yrs and older

With the "greying" of America (and, elsewhere), curious if the company will venture into more "travel VR". Most individuals in their "golden years" regret not travelling more and seeing the world...well, Oculus (and its vendors) can provide this for ...

Misa_B by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Closing Keynote with John Carmack

Friday, October 7th from 1:30pm - 3pm PTFor your local time, go visit:http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=13.5(Scroll all the way down)You can watch the Keynote via Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/oculusYou can also watch the Keynote in VR via NextVR (...

fØrum - An alternative Oculus store browser

Hey guys,I was not very happy with the desktop client and the VR solution of the Oculus store for several reasons, for example:- Nearly no sorting in desktop client- No search in VR client- No quick overview about the comfort levels- No way to change...

SKFU by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What time can I order touch on the 10th?

Hey guys! I'm trying to order the oculus touch for my husband this Monday but I can't seem to figure out what time it goes on sale. I saw some people can start ordering at 12 PT but it seems like that's just for the people that ordered rift in advanc...