General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Obduction is Absolutely Stunning in VR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7axWUL7Q8DIAfter years of playing and reviewing VR content it is very rare that I come across something that is as utterly mind blowing as Obduction! This game is what I have been waiting for in VR for years now. As a ...

been away.....looking for some help understanding changes.

hello allso i haven't touched my dk2 for over a year now. was itching for some VR so i tried to boot things up. i've upgraded to windows 10 since the last time and boy things have changed......i can't seem to get anything to work. i downloaded the oc...

CV1 not as comfy as PSVR.

I don't know how much time Oculus spent on trying to make their device comfortable, but having straps that pull a face plate onto you face just makes things uncomfortable for me. I think you need a certain type of skin for this not to hurt after a wh...

RedRizla by Level 15
  • 48 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I use dk2 camera with freetrack?

I was wondering if I would be able to use dk2 tracking camera with my freetrack setup?Is there a webcam driver for dk2 tracking camera. I think it would be superior to any generic webcam with ir filter.

Adventure VR (Dev Updates) SDK v0.4.1

Adventure, a game for the Atari 2600 video game console, was the very first action-adventure video game. I'm a big fan of the classics! I wanted to remake an old game for VR and what better place to start than a game that sparked a genre.This is a Be...

So anything new?

Im' back! So ... any new things I can spend my money on? Been away for nearly 2 months and not paid much attention to the internet.What are your thoughts on the latest games/experiences you have been playing and do you peeps have any recommendations?

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 31 replies
  • 1 kudos

Xbox 1S compatibility

Hi Folks,totally non tech dad needs help! 7 year old son wants VR for Christmas and I need to know if Rift is compatible with Xbox 1 S, are all games compatible and how does it connect with Xbox.Sorry these questions may seem simple but I am a very s...

Wie reinigt ihr eure OR?

hiwie reinigt ihr die gläser eurer OR? Habe festgestellt, das die rift ziemlich häufig beim zocken beschlägt durch die atemluft......

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Research budget

Hello! My school has a 2k budget for VR, and I was hoping to get some thoughts on what to get. We will be using it for student research as they build and learn language through VR.Thanks!

Jerrsh by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbook + CV1 + GTX 1070 = Success!

So I have a Notebook PC, it's essentially an 11" Clevo W110er with the following specs:Intel Core i7 3630QM (2.4 GHz Turbo Mode to 3.4Ghz) (Quad Core) (6MB Cache)8GB DDR3 1600MHzNVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB with NVIDIA Optimus TechnologyMy Oculus Compa...

IGameArt by Level 4
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Touch Order from BestBuy vs Oculus store

I noticed that Touch is available for pre-order at BestBuy. I'd like to go that route because it would be available for local store pickup on release day.I already have a Touch preodered from Oculus store directly (priority order for Rift preorders)....

FourT2 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Physical Interfaces using IR LEDs and Arduino

Hi;I'd like to build physical interfaces for VR. Things like knobs, levers and other mechanical things that you can interact with in the real world.I have two questions pops in my mind on the subject:-How to register the placement of the physical dev...

How many cams are you ordering with Touch?

I ordered a two Touches on 10/10 from two vendors just in case. I understand that a standalone camera is supposed to be available for order on 10/31, last I heard. But there is no such item on the Oculus Store yet. I'm wondering if most of the non-de...

unreal engine and oculus rift

when you're using oculus rift with a VR developed using unreal. is the unreal engine sending the data to the goggles or is it sending the data to the oculus software and the software is sending it to the goggles?I've been wondering about this and I c...

oculus touch question

Hi everyone ^^So I'm still new with the rift, got mine a week ago and it's awesomeI just preorderd the oculus touch on amazon nowdoes the package comes with the second camera? because it is not mentionned.and I heard about free games with the preorde...

How to redeem the 6 game bundle

I have just recieved my samsung gear vr and i went through the setup wizard and conpleted the tutorial, but no 6-pack of games? Can someone help me with this?

How to calibrate without controller in Oculus Home?

I don't have my CV1 yet, but want to taste the 1.3 runtime sweetness with my DK2. So, I've uninstalled 0.8, installed latest NVidia drivers and then Oculus Home. Now it asks me to continue in VR, on the headset. In there it says "Press the A button o...

hapklaar by Level 3
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which video format should be standard for VR?

I have never seen a 360° video in VR that had a quality compared to something I'd watch on a 2D monitor. I find that all the hype about VR videos that "take you somewhere else" are misleading, because all I see are pixels and low resolution. I don't ...

Rifts by Level 5
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Releases on Rift and Gear VR for Halloween

Happy Halloween! This week's updates feature some scary games and experiences just in time for Halloween night. We also have two sales running for Rift and Gear VR, a bunch of new apps, and more games to enjoy.Halloween SaleGear VRDark DaysSonarDead ...

Why does Gear VR looks better then my CV1?

I'm starting to think I must have a faulty CV1, because I've just got a Gear VR and things look a lot clearer to me in that headset. I've read numerous posts that says CV1 has a better display then Gear VR, but things don't look like this to me. I th...

Double the FOV of previous VR devices

Dear community On the OR Wiki page, I stumbled upon thisinformation regarding the DK1:"The 7-inch screen also makes the stereoscopic 3D no longer100% overlapping, the left eyeseeing extra area to the left and the right eye seeing extra area to the ri...

Gesta by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! In App Purchases

Evening everyone,I wanted to ask if Oculus allows or supports in app purchases for PC games in the store?Along the lines of in game currency.Apolagies for posting in the wrong forum.Thanks.

Ripping a 3D Blu Ray for Rift playback

I'm at the end of my rope and need help from the VR community.Has anyone figured out how to rip a 3D Blu Ray for the Rift? The only 3D rip that worked was an MKV I found on a pirate site, so I know it can be done. It played perfectly using LiveViewRi...

VizionVR by Level 8
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels