Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Separate Ear Levels

So long story short Im a bit deaf in my left ear compared to the right one, so looking left and right makes the audio not too convincing in surround sound landscapes. Would anyone else think separate volume levels would be a handy feature?

Software Broken Again.

I manage labs at University of California San Diego, and upon trying to update 26 machines running Oculus (on Windows 7 x64 SP1) to the most recent version of your software, the update fails, and says i need to reboot after rebooting, oculus is unins...

Feral rites could be a 2 d monitor game but

I really enjoy feral rites. It can be argued like many other games that it can be played on a monitor, but vr is what helps make this game enjoyable. Going through that world being in the game! Anyone who cant see that may waste or have wasted 600 do...

inovator by Consultant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

New version 2 VRCover

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-vr-cover-nosefree/Anyone ordered or received this new version yet ? Won't buy until I hear any reviews

Deveoping Oculus Rift Game/App with Gear VR

New forum member...Hi !Low budget, self funded, having to figure it all out myself...Can you create resonably good content and applications with the Gear VR. Thanks. Been following VR, have worked in content creation pro level, years ago. SoI'm doing...

I got a problem about collision of camera.

I am going to use Unity3d to develop a game. I just want some collision when I face like walls or people. But the collider and rigidbody component do not work when I put HMD on. I use oculus rift cv1. So how can I cut off the link between HMD and the...

Getting A Replacment Cable

Had my oculus since just after release and only used it around 10 times for possibly 1-3 hours at a time, just bought a new game the uses VR and set it all back up again and I am always getting a "no HDMI connection" problem.I opened a new request 3 ...

Spankydg by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus USB ports , what are they for ?

I see that the hardware requirements include 3x USB 3.0 ports on the computer ... is this absolutely necessary for watching 3D movies for example ... I assume this can be done using the HDMI cable ? Not sure why so many ports are specified ?I bought ...

occu123 by Honored Guest
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compatibility issue with ‘Oculus ready’ machine

Oculus ready (according to Asus) ROGG752VShttps://www.amazon.co.uk/G752VS-GC054T-Gaming-i7-6820HK-GTX1070-Windows/dp/B01JIS78PY?th=1A reviewer says he gets the ‘not compatible’ message. I understand thatthe Rift works perfectly on this ROG, but I’mcu...

What a nerve! Facebook should be sued.

I typically turn off my oculus service when I am working on other things. Yesterday I turned it on again and I believe that v1.9 was loaded. I turned off the service again, but apparently oculus is still running some software in the background becaus...

mka by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSIG generator failing.

Hi ,I'm trying to download Osig file. It always shows these messagesPlease enter a valid Device ID and try again.Please wait… this can take up to 20 seconds.is anyone facing the same issue? How can i get it fixed?Regards,Nishant Sharma

Develop Facebook developer for cube mapping

I saw that Facebook has used cube mapping in video 360, and they share their tranformation from equirectangular to cube map, but they do not share their player. I want to develop this app player for android to play video 360 offline and compare betwe...

How do I control frame rate in Oculus Windows SDK

Hi!I am working on Oculus Windows SDK, and I am wondering how to control the frame rate? I want it works on 30fps in some scenes and 90fps in some scene. Would you like to tell me how to do so in Oculus Windows SDK? (Not Unreal or Unity)

Happy Hamilton Day

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2016/10/we_should_celebrate_hamilton_day_a_mathematical_holiday_on_oct_16.htmlOct 16 1843 William Rowan Hamilton, one of my all time favorite mathematicians, had his Eureka moment and discovere...

zboson by Superstar
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Another question about "can my computer run rift?"

Hi!I know there is problem many question about this, but im worried that my computer can't run all the games that are out there.. and really would the computer to last until next gen VR (CV2) without me needing to set the settings to lowest in every ...

Wireless HMD without GPU

I am curious to know what technical challenges there are creating a HMD where the GPU is not in the HMD but is in a computer (like the Rift but unlike the Gear VR) but where the signal from the GPU is transmitted wireless to the HMD (unlike the Rift ...

zboson by Superstar
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

AAA titles vs Indie

I read an article recently that summarizes the reason behind the rising number of Indie titles over AAA titles.In a nutshell: AAA titles are simply becoming much less cost-effective, and will likely diminish greatly over the next decade.Speaking to V...

Zenbane by MVP
  • 76 replies
  • 4 kudos

Extension USB cables and HDMI, what works...

I would like to get ready for touch controllers. The room where my computer is located is too small and cramped for any signifcant movement for VR. So I want to run extension cables for the sensors and the rift into the other room while the computer ...

falken76 by Expert Consultant
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selling my RIFT CV1 can the new owner ...

... Redeem the free games? I never downloaded them, all I did was to install the APP to play my games. What are the free games anyway? Lucky's Tale and Valkyrie? Is there a code to redeem somewhere or it's in the APP? Will the new owner have problem ...

Olythekid by Honored Guest
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screwed over with Oculus Best Buy demo

I was super excited to try my first VR experience today by signing up for a 4:30pm demo with Oculus Rift today at Best Buy. I drive 45 minutes across to the other side of town, only to have the Oculus Rift Rep totally screw me over by not showing up....

acarsme by Honored Guest
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit history

It's possible to edit your own posts and people see when you last edited posts. But is it possible to view the edit history, either your own or others?

zboson by Superstar
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Playstation vr tracking shakes

I have read quite a few reviews where the reviewer of the PlayStation VR was disgusted with the motion controllers. The main complaint was that the controllers would make it look like you're VR hands are constantly shaking in many situations. Is ther...

inovator by Consultant
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

could i get help with Pcars graphics from someone

Hi I'm very new and very frustrated with all this and ready to sell the rift soon, I'm trying yet again but cant figure out where are the graphics setting for Pcars? do I change them in the graphics card settings?? my set up is gtx 1070 i56500 cpu@3....

wizzzard by Honored Guest
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels