General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

very cool video in how to make a VR HMD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLBxz7djQvcsorry if already posted and I missed it.You know, I wish I had the knowledge of these guys, it must be so cool to have the kind of brain to see an old piece of broken gear from some thing and just think, "I ...

Today is a good day for this guy

I made a video more as a joke, but also because the video conveys emotions I could never fully express within the text of this forum. Today is a good day.https://youtu.be/D2dYf4ypdWg

CPU failed requirement test

amd fx-6300 cpu failed requirement test = gutted.Motherboard has AM3 socket. Intel i5-4590 is LGA 1150 = Doubled guttedIs there an Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater that uses AM3 socket?If I have to replace the MoBo too it will mean I'd have replac...

Bloodlet by Level 8
  • 109 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are Oculus finally catching up on shipping?

So everyones going nuts at the moment about the "Your rift is shipping soon email" as far as support will tell me nothing changed but to check my details. My rift has an estimated shipping date of 7/18/2016 - 7/28/2016. As im aware I won't be getting...

LDWme by Level 4
  • 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

Valve misleads the weakest consumers

Listen, it is Valve who has the real problem where customer loyalty is concerned. Fact: Valve pushed "Room Scale VR" way too hard, knowing it was a severely limited platform without such fundamental attributes as, collision detection and the option o...

Pablito by Level 7
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

What's the reason for all the USB issues???

Seriously, what is the cause of all these USB issues people keep reporting, and the reason Oculus is recommending a specific USB 3.0 PCI-E card???I would assume that the constellation sensor camera is ONLY looking at the IR coming from the IR LEDs in...

Looking for CPU upgrade suggestions

I'm currently running an AMD FX-6300 6 core 4118 Mhz CPU.With AMD R9 290X Gpu.This was fine with the DK2 but it's struggling with the 90fps for CV1.I can get the 90fps but it stutters a little and drops quite low in gfx intense areas.I'm pretty sure ...

View ever-so-slightly tilted?

Having just got my Rift I find it has an ever-so-slight leftward tilt which cannot be fixed by repeating the setup process. I'm guessing the gyros need a recal. I read about this before, heard a fix was incoming (back in early April I think)... is th...

r00x by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any reason not to buy this PC?

I was going to build my own computer with a GTX 1080, but then I saw this on Bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-panzer-desktop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx1080-250gb-solid-state-drive-2tb-hard-drive-white/5325100.p...

Just ordered the 1080 Strix Oc'ed version, any comments?

Super excited! Does one of you own the Strix and can comment? All the 1080s are a pain in the ass the get a hand on, except for the founders. I am looking at a 2 or 3 weeks delivery so if anyone wants to chime in on this specif card I would appreciat...

gtx 1080 performance, and what about sli support?

I have a gtx 1080 and I'm wondering how everybodys experience has been? Also, if anyone has been using fraps to measure frame rates? it appears to work in some manor but I believe it just displaying the monitors frames And is sli being supported? I t...

First impressions of my CV1

I have never tried any sort of HMD before the Oculus Rift, so when I strapped the headpiece on and that dinosaur stepped over me I was truly amazed, my jaw literally dropped. The first thing I played was Lucky's Tale, and it's so beautiful! I loved h...

Rifts by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Gaming seat work in progress.

Now I have my Rift, Time to up the level of immersion and build myself a sim seat.Kind of making it up as I go along, but making it adjustable to my Son will be able to use it as well.finished it will also have a gear stick plate and Hotas mounts. wh...

Oculus CV1 compatibility with Nvidia GTX 980 M

please help anybody ?I purchased the cutting edge MSI laptop GT80 TITAN dual Nvidia GTX 980M SLI in august 2015, thinking it was Oculus CV1 compatible. :evil: I was about to preorder the CV1 but I need to know officially if my rig is ok or no ??Appar...

Oculus DK2 with Nvidea GTX970m, don't work

Help my.I have an MSI notebook with a video card GTX970 Nvidea 16G, and software istalarse oculus, tells me that the card is not recognized.I need much help in this, but really alguen who can help.

bloody oculus

I ordered the oculus back in January, I have been waiting patiently for it to arrive and guess what i am still waiting! I have contacted oculus for updates, received nothing. Absolutely no information whatsoever but a forecast for shipping which they...

nAV2016 by Level 7
  • 37 replies
  • 1 kudos

Will Oculus Touch require the Rift?

What I mean by this is can I use a HTC VIVE headset with the Oculus Touch controllers or will the controllers only work with the Rift. Hypothetically speaking, I don't own either headset but am looking into it (so far the HDK 2 by Razer is looking go...

How would Oculus Rift perform on my pc?

I have an older x58-based PC that I think meets the spec since I've beefed it up as much as possible, but not sure, and concerned mainly about the CPU. Has anyone run Oculus on a similar rig and have any feedback for me? I'm debating if I should buy,...

Trying to buy a Laptop for Oculus...

No, I cannot get a desktop, it's 100% mandatory that I get laptop. That being said, I have a few questions. There are three laptops that I am considering, one of them is an Alienware with Nvidia Optimus and the two others are SLI laptops.A. Is there ...

Nate8080 by Level 2
  • 106 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just received .. earlier then expected.

Hi,I live in Belgium and ordered 3 days after preorder started. I 've got an end june estimate. So the wait started...(xx37 order)Later I received a mail wich Oculus delayed the estimate to mid july. (Bit down .. but so be it..keep waiting)2 weeks a ...