General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Ordered as guest

Hi,ordered as a guest,managed to get 28 order in at 20 mins,trying to check my orders ok going through the link but not receiving a e-mail back,slightly worried!If you have ordered as a guest yourself please could you check to see if there is a probl...

Dingle by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Tip for Easy Fit Vive Earbuds

Here's a simple and maybe not so obvious way to wear the Vive earbuds without them falling out, being tugged on when turning your head or generally getting in the way when playing. Obviously Rifters don't have this problem at all but this solution ma...

Who will be the first to die in the Rift?

With so many scary games coming out on the Rift it will only be a matter of time before someone has the shit scared out of them and they end up dead. Dread halls gave me legitimate fear, almost an unwanted presence. :smile: What do you guys think?

How to play games not in oculus store?

i have the consume version... When I put my headset on it automaticly goes to the oculus store and I can only play games from there. How do I play other games that were made to support the rift but not purchased in the store?

Paranormal activity VR?

anyone know where I can get paranormal activity vr game I keep seeing people playing on YouTube?

Got a May estimated Delivery - But order was processed today

Just want to confirm what was said the other day... I had my order blocked by my bank and so payment failed on Friday, yet I still had an email the other day saying I should expect my RIft between 5/2/2016 - 5/12/2016.My order was actually processed ...

whoa182 by Level 8
  • 100 replies
  • 6 kudos

"flat" gaming in virtual desktop

Anyone have anecdotes to relay about with playing regular games in virtual desktop? I don't have a Rift yet nor have I tried out virtual desktop, but it seems from the promos and videos that you can increase your virtual monitor's size and aspect rat...

Glasses and CV1

For anyone like me who finds the CV1 unconfortable to wear with glasses and who doesn't want ot wear contacts while Rifting, this is one solution you may want to try... if you have a spare pair of glasses!I believe there's a company working on provid...

DaftnDirect by Volunteer Moderator
  • 42 replies
  • 2 kudos

Using cameras to add things to games or programs

I was watching the aerosmith video Amazing. In the video the guy takes his camera and points it at a toy motorcycle then it gets added into the program he is using. The kinect can already create 3d images and the Razor company is coming out with a ca...

jim1174 by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does the CV1 need another camera for roomscale ?

so end of the month is almost here and looking forward to a consumer headset. Since as yet both oculus nor Vive ships to my country my only bet is ebay aned ready to take the plunge end next week for either one. I want roomscale and have DK2 and Hydr...

Underwater 360 filmmaking

Wassup guys!Could you explain me differences between filming underwater with this rig http://freedom360.us/shop/f360-explorer/ andhttp://freedom360.us/shop/kolor-abyss-underwater-360-rig/Main questions is that in description of f360 explorer is writt...

Rift PC Bundle delays?

I pre ordered one of the Rift Asus PC bundles through Best Buy, and I'm wondering if these delays on Oculus's end are going to affect estimated shipping windows provided by these big name retailers.When I ordered, Best Buy quoted arrival by April 25t...

ECBL by Level 4
  • 40 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Quote Using Internet Explorer in the New Forums

ok so I'm a bit bored waiting for tomorrow's delivery. So in the mean time I've figured out how to quote in these forums on a PC using Internet Explorer1. Start writing a comment in a thread (must type something otherwise it's difficult to add text a...

Rift Quality vs Gear VR

I have a question..I am waiting on my Rift Bundle from Best Buy. My question is.. I have the Gear VR with the S7 phone which is a great experience in itself, how much better are the visuals in the Rift (as Ive never tried one). If you were to rate th...

youtube videos cv1?

Probably a school boy question, but how do you watch youtube side by side videos using the CV1?

CV1 owners - do you leave the Rift plugged in?

Someone mentioned in a recent thread that the Rift has a sensor, so that it switches off when not in use. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? i.e. can you leave it plugged in to both USB ports and HDMI, without it receiving power (and heating up ...

Rift at PAX East

PAX East 2016 is kicking off tomorrow, I have a badge for Friday and Saturday. Considering the timing of this event, I have a feeling that VR will be ALL OVER the place this year. Are there any developers on this board who are showing stuff at PAX? I...

DIY Bass Shaker Build Guide

I've seen a lot of people asking for a good guide on DIY bass shakers, and I struggled over some humps trying to get mine set up, so I figured I would take the time to write out as detailed a guide as I could. Since the formatting is different on the...

My CPU not VR ready??

I'm just trying to find out if my CPU is really not VR ready. Every test says my CPU is good except your VR test. My CPU is Intel I7 3770k. Nvidia Gforce Experience and Vive test both say I'm well above where I should be. Will I be fine with this CPU...

I'm Trying hard to be positive about Oculus

I ordered first 5 minutes. I don't have my Rift. Order status said shipping by April 12. Contacted Support. No response.I've been on this forum from day 1. I've always tried to stay positive. Rarely complained about the DK1 delay, the DK2 delay, CV1 ...

Peejle by Level 3
  • 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error on laptop: No Suitable VR display system available

I have a high-end Asus gaming laptop running Win 8.1, Core i7 2.4ghz, 12gig ram and nVidia GeForce GTX 860M with 4gb I'm trying to connect my DK2.When I run the config tool, I get an error:"No Suitable VR display system available"The demo works, and ...

JoeWeis by Level 2
  • 47 replies
  • 0 kudos

Four Oculus in One Room. Is that possible?

Hello,I would like to set up four Oculus Rift devices in one room. Is this possible that every device has it's own tracking system? Is there any limitation regarding devices in one room or limitation about distance beetwen them?