General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Let's be a Superhero!

Am I the only one who thinks that VR would make for the most AMAZING Superhero experince in game format to date? I mean seriously I can just see how a First person form of Batman might be, or Superman or something like Cyclops from the X-Men literall...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Touch might be $400, would you still buy it?

Since Oculus can price Touch controllers as high as they want, knowing that without it people with the Rift cannot have the "full VR experience" and they will probably buy it anyway. If it's more than $200 I won't buy it for sure. What about you?

Anyone have an omni or virtualizer yet?

Saw some articles on preorders shipping at the start of the year for omni, but there hasn't been a whole lot of ship news for any omni treadmill yet.Just wondering if anyone actually has one, and has used it with cv1 or the vive.

Aekero by Level 7
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTC Vive defects

With HTC scrambling to answer the call to everyone voicing their Rift shipping delay frustrations, the number of Vive defects being shipped is slowly increasing.You can Google this yourself but here are a few examples from Steam and Reddit:https://ww...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 55 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shipping will only get faster

from the looks of it the majority of the pre-orders are from the first few hours and sparsed out later on. Similar to a traffic jam on an intersection slowing you down till you pass it. I suggest everyone that is in the 35+ orders keep their funds re...

Oculus Rift Wallpaper Competition example ....

SO .. in relation to this: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35155/a-oculus-rift-wallpaper-design-challenge-are-you-up-for-itI have made a little quick mock-up of what I mean (do not have much free time unfortunately myself) .. still WIP...

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rift Pricing

For weeks order hist was showing 599.00. Now it's showing 640.93 again.......30xxx order number.

Oculus Touch Pre-Order Resevation - Poll/Thoughts

For those of us who pre-ordered "Rifts" we were given the option to reserve a spot for touch controllers. With how Rift pre-orders have gone, I'd like to get an idea of what the community expectations are for Touch.

Sarlin by Level 5
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Silver Lining

Yes, we know there have been delays with supply and people have to wait months for the rifts in some cases. And we'd all love to have our rift sooner.In my case, I placed my order a day or two after launch. After spending a couple of days checking re...

Oculus' Latest Kick to the Groin...UPS Ground Delivery

For anyone who doesn't already know the new big deal on Reddit after several people saw their rifts ship yesterday/today was that they were shipped UPS ground and it was just confirmed that Oculus made the decision to change their shipping patterns f...

• 44 replies
  • 2 kudos

Chronos Developer Showcase

This week we are spending extra time focusing on Chronos from Gunfire Games as part of our Developer Showcase. We hope you enjoy these deeper dives into the games and experiences on Rift. To get started on the week, here is a look at the game from th...

Hahah ... VR and Defibrillators

SO there has been a lot of VR talk in my gmail inbox recently ... and these ads have started to trickle in:I think google thinks I might need one once I enter VR

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Amazing experience but godrays are not a joke..

Set up my Rift yesterday, and I must say I am impressed. Screen door is "near" nonexistent, comfort is unbelievable, clarity is great, and audio from built in headphones is probably the best I have ever heard.And then there is the godrays, and oh are...

Share your VR tricks

Here's one: tripping without drugs (for the record: this is written 2016-05-05, which is quite soon after Oculus launch)After some hours with the Rift, all the free and some not-so-free content "consumed", arises the question "what next"?Sorry for me...

ECU1 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Putting a brave face on it

Or any other face for that matterInspired by the googlie eyes on some rifts has anyone thought of producing a sticker or transfer for customizing the front of the Rift, obviously it can't hinder the UV emitters but I would think it's an avenue of cus...

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cable breakout connector

I'm really surprised, given the thought that went into the rest of the design, that the Rift cable doesn't have a break out connector, just about where the cable attaches to the head strap. It would have made storing the Rift, somewhere safe, like in...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nose Gap , How many free launch titles?

Hi,I previously owned a DK2 , I recently got to try out a demo of the HTC Vive as well and so far, with all my previous virtual reality experience there is always one thing that bothered me and it was that I could see through to the real world. Now I...

Welcome Hans Hartman

Link to news article. Launch was such a disaster than the Laird Malamed stepped aside and they brought in a new COO!! My confidence in the Touch Launch has increased! Decisions like these don't happen overnight so you know that upper management is aw...

Sarlin by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

After 3 weeks with the Rift I am virtually immune to godrays

I just thought I would share this with you for the purpose of giving hope to any of you that are or will be as struck and bothered by the godray effect of the fresnel lenses as I initially was. I've had my Rift for just about 3 weeks now, and in that...

This forum used to be so different

Once upon a time this forum was visited by developers and enthusiast. Just valuable technical comments, interesting news regarding hardware improvements, etc. Now, if you say something you don't like about Oculus, you get fully trolled. Don't really ...

Anyone from Calgary, AB that has a CV1 - Please Read.

Looking for your assistance to do a comparison between your CV1 quality and mine.https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/34209/rma-rift-received-new-unit-defective-also-3rd-time-a-charm#latestIf interested, drop me a message.Appreciated in adv...

Now this is customer service, Oculus take note!!

Ordered my Rift about 5-10 minutes after pre-orders started, got my confirmation for April and everything. Then Oculus has their shipping fiasco and suddenly my April order turns into mid to late June !!!!!!!!! In frustration I started to research HT...

SD-777 by Level 4
  • 108 replies
  • 2 kudos

VR Motion Sickness: the new Industry

While some 75% of the free-world are trying to start petitions to combat delays in Rift shipping dates, the market is shifting towards making VR-dedicated living a thing we can do without feeling the urge to poop or puke.VR Pills (Ginger in EvilCorp'...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chronos Developer Showcase - Screenshots & Concept Art

For the second day in our Chronos developer showcase, we're taking a look at some of the amazing art from the game. As you've seen from yesterday's trailer, or perhaps from your own play sessions, Chronos looks amazing. Be sure to check out Day 1 of ...

Labels