General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 30 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

How do I watch my own 360 videos on PC?

Can somebody please explain to me how I watch my own movies with the Cv1 version of the rift? The oculus video player only allows you to watch 2D footage of your movies on pc. How do you set up oculus to watch your own stereoscopic movies? I'm talkin...

Got the Rift today

I collected it from the UPS store at 7:30am and I'm only putting it down now at 12:00am.EvE Valkyrie gets me a little dizzy but I kind of like it!Very VERY happy with the purchase.

Flag is gone now too?

I know some people were abusing it, but how are we supposed to report if something is abuse or spam?

So my Rift and Vive shipping on the same day, seriously?!

DHL has shipped my Vive today from Czech (recieving it tommorrow), and now I just got a mail from Oculus that my order has been processed and Rift is shipping soon! (order number 28, 14:50, estimate may 16-26) ..anyone know how long it takes from get...

Deadace by Level 4
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Delayed for the third time, to unknown date

Here we go. A Japanese friend of mine has been officially delayed for the third time. And this time he has NO IDEA when it's Rift will be shipped.His last estimation was 4/18 - 4/28. Today is 28 and he didn't get any email, his order page is still TB...

it seems to load oculus plugin in fmod fail.

I load oculus plugin in fmod, and change the 3d audio values, but it seems that the sound does't change. I am curious it load plugin fail. Do you know what is wrong? thanks.my sample code is here.(https://mega.nz/#!r5oi2b5B!7KmABsCLToIbEZFVN5eysHVAKY...

wqchung by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rift Impressions from a GearVR Owner

I received my Rift on April 25th. So far I've had about six hours with it. I've owned a GearVR since February and have been using it on my S7 Edge.First thing's first. I wasn't initially "wow'd". I think the honeymoon period with VR ended during the ...

Hanover by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Some info for you guys in the U.K. that are still waiting

As I've said before, one of my friends lives in the U.K. and preordered a Rift. His order completed about 30 seconds after mine - roughly +5 minutes. A little over a week ago his card was charged and he got the "Almost ready to ship" email. Then noth...

vocal minority

If it was not for Palmer Luckey, I would not be eagerly awaiting my first VR experience. Would there be this large expansion of VR content as well as headsets with out his Love for VR? I do not think so. Someone else would have started it for sure, b...

Setup for different users

For those who have there Cv1, how easy is it to change settings on Rift between people that are different heights? Is it easy and reasonably quick to set it up for someone who is 5' tall after it has been used by someone who is over 6' tall or does i...

Fredd32 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus 360 photos question

hi all, new to this. There was a photo of a mountain range with a lake at the bottom when I first installed the Oculus 360 photo app. I am unable to find it again. Can anyone tell me what folder it would be in or where I have to go to download it?

Sydney Australia Shipping

Hi, is there any chance there's some news on what's happening with shipping in Sydney? Alot of the people who are in Sydney are getting their rifts and they are 20min+ order times while I am in Sydney too and I'm 6min order time and have nothing. I h...

GearVR vs CV1 my semi-scientific experiment using Dreadhalls

Hi guys,Just a quick test I did with Dreadhalls Gear VR vs Rift CV1. I started a new game on both device and here are my findings:1- Graphics on CV1 are sharper and brighter. The graphics are less blurry on CV1 then my Gear, but don't expect a night ...

A Oculus Rift wallpaper design challenge. Are you up for it?

So, I would like to start a Oculus Rift desktop wallpaper design challenge. To get some numbers I have decided to make a poll. I will sponsor a small prize via my company for the winner. If enough people are up for it I will post details soon. The th...

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

DICOM Image viewer?

Someone needs to make a dicom image viewer for the DK2.DICOM is the image format that stores PET scans with 3d fly through technology. Imagine sitting in your chair, leaning forward and being able to actually look around the tumor...

Ok, Hawken released new patch, now how do I enable rift?

Jesus effing Crust, this is a disaster. Before the ascension patch was released yesterday, I tweaked some ini settings as told in another thread. I made "stereo3d true", and it turned on the rift sbs mode, but it was broken (the cockpit made my mind ...

Herolord by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

For those wondering what God rays look like

Ok I have my CV1 since Monday and will do an in depth review this weekend but what was the most worrying to me was the God rays. 1-They do exist2- They are not a deal breaker3- For some reason most of the God rays comes from text written on screen an...

Discs of Tron for Touch controllers

https://youtu.be/gAuLXslSUls(new link)Pretty stoked about this and looking forward to it. Hopefully no Touch delays.I think it's representative of a gameplay method that is super well suited to roomscale VR

OC3 dates ?

Any word on when Connect 3 will be? I am booking some travel but I want to make sure I'm in town.

Palmer Appreciation

Been reading tones of threads on redit and here about how pissed people are about how oculus shit the bed ,seems to me every one forgets that if it wasn't for palmer doing the kick starter who knows when we would of gotten VR in the first place.Anyon...

ASABOVE by Level 4
  • 33 replies
  • 11 kudos

This is such horse Sh*t

Seriously? People who had preordered are still waiting for their rifts while individuals who did not preorder but whom bought a "bundle" from bestbuy just to return the PC and keep the rift aka circumventing the whole process. I feel like the people ...

aimsopp by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus rift or HTC vive ?

Hi guys.first sorry for my bad english.i know am in oculus web site, BUT all people talk about HTC vive that will be better VR why ? because he have a laser sensor that we can walk in our room... and he have a camera too.forget the price for now forg...

HTC Vive-X Accelerator program

HTC Just Earmarked $100 Million to Invest in VR Content, Applications Open TodayArticle from Road-To-VR herehttp://www.roadtovr.com/htc-vive-x-accelerator-100-million-investment-fund-virtual-reality/Awesome. Now all three major manufacturers are dump...

Zoomie by Level 11
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lens flare (God rays) the technicalities

It would appear from reviews and user feedback that, to a certain extent, "God rays" are an issue with the Rift and if also problematic for the Vive then possibly more so. I'm curious as to why this is. During development it was presumably noticed an...

From timeof order until shipment

If I ordered the CV1 on April 15 roughly when will I hope to see it on my doorstep? Can someone give me a ballpark semi accurate guestimate? PLEASE?!?!?

Qazjax by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors