Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

So long and thanks for all the fish

I have been following occlus for 3 years, and I love these forums. However, I can't live with the Facebook collection policy. There is no reason to track that much info on a consumer release. On a dk2, that would be expected. I'm not going to vive. I...

doclight by Protege
  • 67 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should Oculus Home Have A Refund Policy?

I just found this interesting articlehttp://vrrelated.com/oculus-home-return-policy/It's about this Reddit posthttps://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4dczz0/update_requesting_refund_for_vr_karts/Also interesting to read the updateUpdate: Oculus hav...

Shipping Tax just taken off my US Order

For anyone wondering about that $2 plus shipping tax charge still attached to their orders for US ones, mine just disappeared from my account when I logged on. Most likely everyone who was in the same boat will now see theirs gone too. That's some mo...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Those Ebay Resells

I looked at ebay completed orders that promised a March 28 ship, and here we are with preorders being delayed for a week or two. Why do people fall for those listings and bend over for them anyway?

Zimtower by Expert Protege
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone got the Vive yet? Curious about the setup...

So... do you absolutely have to plug in both lighthouses in order to make the thing work? Those lighthouses, do they need to be mounted high on the wall for better coverage, or can they be just casually placed on the desk like speakers?To make it cle...

Chassit by Heroic Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

valve have committed to fully supporting Touch!.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4dk56n/valve_on_using_the_rift_with_chaperonesteamvr/sorry if old news but it is new to me and music to my ea............. er... eyes I am not going to champion valve or anything as doing it out of their swee...

Oculus: We need an update

Can we please get daily updates on what's going on? Some form of communication and transparency is the least you can do and will go a long way in calming a lot of people. 5 minutes to update a sticky thread on this forum with the current delay status...

Oculus Home vs. Steam VR - First Impressions

OK just a few points on using Home vs Steam. I'm aware that Steam has been going now for over 12 years, whereas Home is just a baby so the below are just my views on potential improvements, not criticisms.Purchasing..... I bought the excellent Apollo...

1.3 on the DK2, experiences.

I just installed the 1.3 runtime for use with my DK2 and wired razer (xbox 360) controller. It all worked great. You can only get so far in the hardware setup process, but if you click the "skip" button it works great. Although there was no chance to...

wundram by Protege
  • 84 replies
  • 1 kudos

Will the CV1 get support when CV2 hits off ?

sorry for asking this but am looking forward to buy a consumer headset this month or next. At present I cannot order a rift as my country even if in EU is not yet supported so might grab one from ebay end month but I have this dilemma.I bought a DK2 ...

godwisper by Expert Protege
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

About the Menu Language.

The Rift Home menu will only be in English or other native languages?Oculus home has worldwide coverage would be fair to add other native languages.

kryus by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Developing for gearVR with laptop - looking for advice

Hi guys, I am developing an educational app for gearVR on my laptop with the SDK 0.5.01. The reason I am using such an old SDK is because with the newer ones Rift simply doesnt work on laptops at all (at least on mine). I havent built the app to gear...

Turning up graphical settings

Is there any reason why you wouldn't want to do this, assuming it didn't result in lag? I've noticed valkyrie defaulted to medium, and chronos has recommended specs set to medium as well. Were the recommended PC specs really created with the intentio...

Aekero by Heroic Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

oculus home and oculus 1.3

Hi thereI have DK2 and play quite a few games/demos etc and most work fine, with odd changes here and there.I recently installed the "Oculus Home" and purchased Virtual Desktop etc as i have the free version on dk2. Also played a couple of the games/...

VAPE_L0RD by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whhat is this article talking about?

Found this article which I like sharehttp://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/04/there-are-some-super-shady-things-in-oculus-rifts-terms-of-service/It explains that Oculus take all your creations? Is that really true? Wow.

khos85 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

I don't understand Oculus marketing.... o_o

Lets think about it:Oculus is not earning (palmer said) from the rift selling, they want to make money from the games, right?Ok. Now tell me, except for the exclusive, is anyone buying games on Oculus home?-No refound policy, you buy the game and get...

Kalec84 by Heroic Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Release of some VR-Games

Hello,do somebody know, when will "The Climb", "Edge of Nowhere" and "Eagle Flight" start????THX

1Sudo by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paypal in home, Custom shortcuts.

I really want to shop for VR games. But at the moment all my money goes to Steam, because i cannot use paypal at Oculus. And are we getting custom shortcuts in the future? Like Steam has for non-Steam games. That would really be awesome....

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downloads complete then disappear

I've tried to download several things now and once they finish downloading it doesnt install and offers me the Download button again...

sh0v0r by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firma (On DK2)

Anybody else been playing it ? Just had a quick 15 minute blast, great fun! Very easy and arcade like, none of the complexity of Lander or insane complexity of Vector 36 (man that is HARD)

Top Solution Authors
Labels