General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 45 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Looking forward to VR MMO's

I havent heard much information on upcomming VR mmos, but truthfully thats all I can think about. What if they recreated sword art online on the oculus or even Hack? I truly hope we see a slew of upcomming VR mmos! Would really like to see everyones ...

Trytiped by Level 5
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gems You Might Have Missed V2 - Asunder Remastered

Originally titled Asunder Earthbound, it definitely taking some cues from The Twilight Zone, you're a criminal attempting to flee the country. Obviously: things don't go as planned! This first appeared on the DK1 and got pretty popular, but has also ...

hoopera by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Elite Dangerous Question

I just read:http://www.pcgamer.com/elite-developer- ... ver-oculus.With a follow up from frontier here:https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=226300Question is: How come it seems like Valve is going out of it's way to send companies stable ve...

Your thoughts on AMD Polaris?

I need to upgrade my 290 for my Rift... I have been searching for info on Pascal the past few days to find out that Nvidia seems to have encountered problems manufacturing it a bit like what happened with Fermi back in the days, so Pascal might be pu...

Laptop for CV1?

OK, right off the bat, this thread is not about laptop vs. desktop. Of course, a desktop will always get you the most bang for the buck. I have a desktop that I have built, it rocks, I love it.This thread is specifically about which laptops will actu...

Can I replace my business multi-monitor set up?

I do a lot of writing and website work that does not involve coding. This means I have an email client up, my Trello task list, several websites which I'm using to pull quotes and references from etc. I have 2 24 inchers and a laptop screen. I was ac...

EIw by Level 2
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

IPD Adjuster Question

Quick question, will the IPD adjuster allow me to adjust each eye separately? Or can it only do both at the same time? Not everyone has their eyes exactly the same distance from their nose. Although mine are almost equidistant, they are on the wider ...

teknix1 by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Order prediction

So, right now if you place an order for the Rift it won't ship until July, but I wonder if this is really the truth?Lots of people (me included) pre-ordered one, even though the words "I'm out at that price!" were a common theme. I bet they've had ha...

Why I chose Oculus-Walking from point A to B concerns

I had a little back and forth with someone in the Reddit thread. Though he opened my eyes to a few of my concerns regarding the Vive, it didn't address all of them. There are 4 main reasons why I still have more confidence in the Rift and why my preo...

Help me to decide if to order Oculus Rift

Hi, I'd like to know your experiences with VR and especially with Oculus Rift as I want to order it. So I have some questions.Does it seem real the sensation of being in another world when you put the HMD with games ? Can you feel the depth of the vi...

I have a question concerning the CV1 and connecting it?

I was just sitting here trying to plan how to connect my CV1 when it arrives and it occurred to me that all the new Video cards have just 1 HDMI port. As it stands now, I'd RATHER leave the monitor currently connected to that HDMI port and connect th...

yahknow1 by Level 4
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Surface Book

Hi All,I know that laptops are NOT a friend of the Rift. However, with the Microsoft Surface Book having a discrete nVidia GPU (unknown what classification), does anyone know if it will support the DK2 and CV1? I would LOVE to use that thing for text...

The (ten) million dollar question(s) - developer grants?

Missed out on oculus connect 2 but I ran through some sites/articles/reddit and can't find details on the following:I'm not sure if this has been announced during OC2 (if so, someone kindly answer or give me a link), but what's the current status for...

Klexian by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removable Cables?

Are the cables that will ship with the CV1 going to be permanently fixed in the Rift or are they detachable?Or to put it another way, will it be possible to replace a damaged cable without having to break out the soldering iron?

Paper in VR

Ok now I know some of you might be thinking "Why is this even a topic" but hear me out and please read the rest of this post.So I just woke up, some hours ago I had this one dream that I was walking through this large building (possibly an apartment ...

DK2 Usability With ZenBook Pro UX501

I don't have a fancy budget for VR (or a new PC), but want to get into VR so I am looking to buy a DK2 from eBay. Although I am wondering if my current PC can support the Oculus. I have the ASUS ZENBOOK Pro UX501VW-DS71T. Below are some the specs: Pr...

Rift Parties

When my Rift finally arrives and if it turns out to be as game changing as some have suggested ( I have yet to try any version) then I can imagine that I'm going to want to WOW my friends and neighbours and show off a little.Two questions:1) Do you t...

Automated graphic settings ON THE FLY to guarantee 90fps

We all understand the need to maintain 90fps in VR.Now, computers are supposed to "do the work" for us, yet developers always ask us to set options and to manage performance ourselves.There is an app for good old Flight Simulator X that manages graph...

How do I get prepared while waiting for my OR?

I have pre-ordered an Oculus Rift and my transaction went through pretty quickly so I should get it in late March or April. I am very tech-savvy but I am not really a gamer, however I am intrigued by VR and want to jump in. Are there any guides on th...

zaphodB by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Megadeth VR!

as the title says, i hope this works on me rift http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20160120

KINGvr by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is 2*GTX960 SLI OK??

Hi there,Unfortunately when I set up my PC last year, I had decided to purchase two GTX 960 instead. Performance-wise, it is actually more powerful than a single piece of GTX 970 and even slightly exceeds a 980.But would I still be able to install an...

Anyone got an easy 123 to setup portal2 with Vorpx?

I have a DK1. I was using Tridef for a while. Tridef sent me an email the other day saying they have no plans to update to .07 or beyond so bye Tridef.I had some initial issues with VorpX getting portal 2 and left for dead 2 to not crash on launching...

STUJAMR by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

XBox One / PS4 - Game streaming to Oculus Rift

Will the Oculus Rift get an kind of Game/Display streaming client so that you can play standard games on a Virtual display?(Kind of having a virtual screen (Oculus Cinema/Netflix) and beeing able to access it all from your Rift.)There was some discus...

JohSm67 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Graphics card

A friend is asking how well the dk2 would be on the MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video CardI know it would work but fps/smooth/lag issues I don't know

payment process?

Will they just charge our CC / PP on their own? Or will they give us warning before the charge happens? Or will they ask us to somehow complete the charge ourselves when it's ready to ship?

Vive Pre May Be All You're Getting Come April...

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/41n3mw/i_posted_insider_information_on_vive_a_month_ago/As far as speculation goes, this post and the ensuing discussion really line up with what we are seeing from HTC, mainly the delay from 2015 winter launc...

willste by Level 3
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

just bought a g11cd, discount?

I bought a g11cd because I didn't want to wait for the discount to arrive, is there a way I can get a partial refund for the discount later on? if not why are they waiting so long to get us the pc discounts

Top Kudoed Authors