Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Poll: Are you happy with 100 degree FOV for CV1?

Since most people here have either DK1, DK2 or have at least tried it, trying to get an idea of how Oculus' decision to go with a low FOV aligns with the actual wants/needs of gamers and developers.Personally, the first thing that stuck out to me whe...

danknugz by Superstar
  • 56 replies
  • 0 kudos

LAV Filters got smacked by win10 build 14251(Fix)

If you use LAV filters to view Mp4 movies and got updated to win 10 14251 your video players may have died like mine did. Fret not for we have a work around till its patched by MS.See article: http://codecs.forumotion.net/t2186-unab ... t-code-0x3Uni...

STUJAMR by Protege
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Someone PLEASE

Make a fan made pokemon game on the oculus touch, please if only this game was released on the oculus and it was a full game like the old gameboy ones I would be beyond happy, please don't make the controls complicated though like the other vr pokemo...

forbes doesn't like the Rift

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkenreck ... 07285511d3I find this review to be... uniquely unusual. I have never seen a review that equates the Vive with PSVR, or one that portrays Oculus as a sort of underdog playing catchup.The only real substance ...

Is this taking it to the next level?

www.thevoid.com for what I understand they are creating a VR overlay of an existing environment with a backpack that holds a pc with a VR headset attached. this way they can load multiple simulations that fit into an actual structure with multiple fl...

Emvy- by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Late July 2016 preorders

5 months already after March shipment. March shipment is scheduled on it's 28th.Prob the people will drool the first few months grinding out the time and looking back that they should of preordered.I had that back in DK2 and the Fanatec CSR Elite V2 ...

AntDX3162 by Heroic Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Video Games Cannot Be Art

"... I remain convinced that in principle, video games cannot be art. Perhaps it is foolish of me to say "never," because never, as Rick Wakeman informs us, is a long, long time. Let me just say that no video gamer now living will survive long enough...

BetaVerse by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hover Junkers on Oculus Rift when Touch comes out?

Man, I have been looking a lot at this game. I have to say it is a must have for me. The only thing that worries me is that this is being played with a Vive that has the controllers available at launch. Also they are moving around in the room so they...

Z30N117 by Protege
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build now, or wait?

Should I build a PC now or should I hold off until March when the Rift starts shipping?Will the prices of GPUs, CPUs, MOBOs, and other components drop much in price within the next two months doyou think?>.<

Clart by Protege
  • 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

summary of oculus touch vs htc vive

you can move your fingers individually on the oculus touch and you can't on the vive, it doesn't track fingers(I know oculus touch doesn't track fingers as well but it sort of does) the htc vive only tracks where the hand joysticks are, like the ps4 ...

What happens to the unclaimed rifts?

The date for claiming your free rift (Kickstarter DK1 backer only) is Feb 1. If by any circumstances a few of them are not claimed. So what about all those rifts? I just happen to have an idea, How many doing a raffle on the forums cyber? I would hat...

WAIT A SECOND

since xbox can stream to an oculus ready pc, does that mean I won't need to buy an xbox one and I can just play xbox one games on my pc?

Twitch Pax SE Asia LIVE now about VR.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchFASTAs of 1/30/2016 12:44AM EST.People in chat saying how cool it is and to take their money etc. Like I said, once people know and the apps exist it will spread global fast when it hits the news media and front pages of yo...

AntDX3162 by Heroic Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limiting factors of the PS VR?

In this article that bashes the oculus rift, one of the commenters mentioned that the PS VR has seriously limiting factors: http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkenreck ... 98fb342762I've also read this general mood about PSVR on this forum. But I don't k...

EIw by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SDK 0.8 war thunder "video/oculus not connected"

Hey everyone, I'm late to the game for trying the DK2 in War Thunder, I know. Everytime I start War Thunder, I get the error message "video/oculus not connected".Is there a workaround for this?I running Windows 8.1 64 bit with SDK 0.8.My Rift is work...

Wolfman64 by Honored Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

old systems

I'm saving up for a new machine for the rift. My current kit is not cut out, it's gigabyte brix with a discrete 760 NVidia graphics card, 16gb ram, 1tb storage, windows 10. Where do you go to sell your old systems?The graphics card might not be might...

god_alom by Adventurer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remove a game from oculus share

is there a way to remove a game from oculus share? I mean the website link does not work anymore. Iam not going to update it , so no point of being there.I dont see any button to annihilate it in human way...

panmaster by Expert Protege
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus rift cover

Hi guys, do you know if there will be a official cover for oculus rift cv1? Cover for the use of don't make the cv1 get dirty, or for when you wanna make it try to your grandma who you love, but clean hair less often than should do :mrgreen: I m sure...

simone66 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advice... sell my 980 and get a Titan X or wait for Pascal?

My trusty 980 has been fantastic over the last year, but even though it is beyond the minimum to run Oculus, I'm beginning to suspect that before long it will be struggling to keep up.so my question is.... do I sell it now while the price is still hi...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 73 replies
  • 0 kudos

WOHOO!!! DK2 coming! How can I prepare and how I can play...

Hello there!  At last, I will have an Oculus Rift!!! Yeah, it is a used DK2 but it's always a way to get into the VR somehow, so I'm very happy!My PC:• Case: Thermaltake Core V1• Mainboard: ASUS H110I Plus D3• CPU: Intel Core i5-6400• RAM: Kingston ...

Scandy by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thoughts on my graphic card and why it fails Oculus test

Anyone knowledgeable about video cards please chime in. I ran the oculus rift test and was a little shocked that my graphics card didn't pass. I have posted the specs of my card below followed by the card they recommend. If anyone would glance over t...

Rendered Three Times??

So as you will all be well aware FPS is all about resource management and ensuring there is enough overhead to cover the needs of VR, hence the GTX 970 or equivalent minimum requirements. So 90Hz is actually quite easy to achieve if there isn't much ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Next gen HMD for RIFT v2.0

Hi,Have been following the "Avegant Glyph" for a while, the tech used in those really looks interesting!Just wondering why haven't any other company spent some time on using this kind of tech for HMD's?Size of HMD's would drastically be possible to r...

JohSm67 by Rising Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Half Life 2 with DK2 Help

I figured Half Life 2 has Oculus Rift support, so i bouth it. I can't get it working. I've done what people say I should do (Download the beta, activate vr mode, download steamvr) but it doesn't work. My oculus tracker is even lightning (which means ...

traczy by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Man survives 48 straight hours in VR with no reported nausea

Virtual reality headset makers are quick to claim that they have solved the widely reported problems with nausea and "VR sickness" that plagued earlier hardware. But if actions speak louder than words, one artist's 48-hour, reportedly nausea-free sti...

ennogs by Expert Protege
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Things to do while waiting for CV1

I gotta be honest, with all the waiting for DK2 already behind us and that whole ordeal, and all the time we've had to wait just to preorder CV1, this last homestretch is really excruciating. What do you plan to do to pass the time while waiting for ...

Rift getting the most support from VR game developers

As new, high-end virtual reality headsets from the likes of Oculus, Valve/HTC, and Sony prepare to hit the market in the coming months, potential buyers may rightly wonder which VR solution is most likely to get a critical mass of support from the ga...

ennogs by Expert Protege
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels