Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum load graphic

Sometimes I have to wait for this quite a long time (5+ min). I have a 1.5 mb fiber connection.forum wait.jpgWhat on earth is it doing?

Elecman by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Render an image to Oculus Rift?

There seems to be a real dearth of simple getting started code for Oculus Rift. I have seen some third party code repos but most of them don't seem to work with Oculus at least the latest version of the Oculus SDK. I have been wandering in the Oculus...

Quality controls and the Oculus Rift App store

Brendan Iribe said in an article, “We are going to monitor the content and make sure that it fits the policy we put up which is this safe and clean environment that everyone can know, and love, and trust just like other popular app stores…You’re goin...

jumbli by Heroic Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebVR player

Is there any WebVR player to enable playing Oculus videos online in a tube?

Unobtrusive Arm Band Will Let You Feel Virtual Reality

kickstarter Today's virtual reality is limited to sight. Right now users can’t touch the objets. Users want to touch, feel and grab, throw, hit, push and be pushed by our surroundings. We need a new game controller to touch and feel. This Unobtrusive...

pedrw by Expert Protege
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

PCI Express NVIDIA GTX 650 series

I am about to get a new computer with the video card "PCI Express NVIDIA GTX 650 series" and I just wanted to confirm if it is supported for the DK2, could you please confirm...Thanks a lot in advance.

menok32 by Honored Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please Help: MacBook Pro Retina and Oculus DK2

I am going crazy here! I installed Windows 8.1 though Boot Camp. I downloaded SDK 4, installed Silverlight X64, etc. and can't get a connection with the DK2. It does connect at first and I see two blue lights. Then, after a couple seconds, it disconn...

Mr. Robot

Do you want to play a game?http://www.whoismrrobot.comJust like the show a truly original site love the way they use Facebook in it.Now how about a virtual reality episode where we are one of Elliot's alternate personalities.

An alternative to the Virtuix Omni...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BQw1tsgrJOs#at=11What do you guys think? I personally think the walking seems more natural, of course this setup will most likely be a lot more expensive than the Omni.

3DMark : "Recommended CV1 configuration" benchmark score

The 3DMark benchmark includes a direct comparison between your score and the recommended CV1 configuration score.You can download it from here (the free version is the 3DMark Basic Edition) : http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark#windows

HiThere_ by Superstar
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

An idea for future education..

Hi there, First of all, i'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to put this into. If it isn't, sorry!Anyway, I just had came up with this idea (not entirely sure if i'm the first to come up with it, probably not... but whatever)! With ...

Will official release next year make oculus rift better?

played youtopiavr today for first time.. I almost threw up.will it get better for official release?i am not so sure why it made feel so uncomfortable. low resolution or unnatural motions.. i felt like throw up in first 20 seconds and stopped playing ...

shin777 by Protege
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just trolling or the new low of Facebook in terms of VR?

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/oculu ... book-exec/That experience should include ads,” says Bowsworth. “Because life includes ads. So to not have ads would make it less lifelike.I don't know what to think. Sounds like a bad joke/trolling.[Rant]Bu...

RonsonPL by Heroic Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

OC2 Keynotes - right here

UPDATE:Full replay of the OC2 Keynotes (starts at 33:20):LinkyLinkHi there,just want to ask if there are some livestreams to see for the OC2. And if yes, when and where?Thanks in advance!Rorschach-Phoenix

Oculus, please give us the Henry trailer in VR.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... tml#page=1I really hope that there will be a VR version of the Henry trailer. I mean, what's the point of using a 2D medium to hype a VR innovation as cool as Henry?

VizionVR by Rising Star
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

I just upgraded to Win 10 now my DK2 Rift doesn't work! Arrg

Hi,I just upgraded to Windows 10 now my DK2 Rift doesn't work! I updated to the 07 runtime too..I tried the youtube video (viewtopic.php?t=25326) instructions on how to make it compatible.. but didn't help, has anyone got this working?, if so would y...

khos85 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PC VR - My Future Projections for 4K - 8k - 16k

So earlier today I was browsing threads and I came across one asking what he would need for 16k vr gaming. He posted a link with AMD stating that 16k resolution (likely per eye) is whats needed to replicate retinal resolution. I had time to kill so I...

Slaghton by Honored Guest
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Will CV1 be able to utilize SLI?

I've seen threads on this in the past, but those were for DK2 and I can't find any current threads that give a definative answer about CV1.I was hoping Oculus Connect 2 would have some information about this.I currently have two 980ti cards in SLI an...

Is it just me or everyone using dk2?

dk2 resolution is so low, all i see are dots. big square pixelated dots.I can't concentrate whatever I do with it coz my focus always goes to dots. it's just too big and ugly.I don't see this big dots on 1080p monitor. I can't watch movies, I can't ...

shin777 by Protege
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

is it just me or everyone sees it under ur nose?

my nose is pretty flat. i see real life pretty well right under my nose when i am using rift.is it just me or everyone sees light from real light when they use oculus rift dk2?i can see my keyboard and typing without taking rift off.

shin777 by Protege
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

If Netflix is possible, Xbox One Streamin is to!

Thank you so much for Netflix this was my number one and it works amazingly well! Before I went to bed, I watched some video's on Netlfix in my Gear VR and it works great! This kept me awake the night because I think you can do the same with Xbox One...

Oculus Connect 2 Recap

Time for a little recap?- Minecraft for Rift- Netflix for Gear VR- New Gear VR for 99$ on Black Friday (Supports Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge+, S6, and S6 Edge)- Oculus-Ready-PC-Programm (Alienware, Asus, Dell) under 1000$ (for example: http://www.alienwar...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Oculus Rift DK2 0.7 Windows 10

I cant get ETS2 to work with Oculus rift DK2 with the latest 0.7 runtime and Windows 10.I have the latest NVIDIA beta driver that is recommended by OculusThe Demo screen works fine, but when I start ETS2 (which is using the Oculus experiment branch) ...

Soidsnake by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jaunts New Camera (Quite Nice)

Not up here yet so here's the linkOr read below with no pictureshttp://www.roadtovr.com/first-look-jaun ... led-specs/ High quality, high resolution, full 360° capture Custom optics specifically designed for 3D light-field capture 24 Large format sen...

Top Solution Authors
Labels