General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

DK2- Need help with resolution (games)

Hi guys, I have the DK2 and I can get all the official demos working in both extended and direct mode.When I try to play unsupported games (even just as a big screen, don't care about tracking yet) I can not get one game to fit on the screen properly...

imac incompatibility

my iMac has only a mini display port.used minidisplayport adapter to hdmi oculus cable....no image in oculus. led orange. Help?

My Signature

Hi,Good morning everybody. Is it possible to include any link in my signature? I want to include the following link with an anchor text in my signature: Alberghi a Sanremo.Thanks a lot.

huda by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lockheed Martin 180 DEGREE FOV HMD - SIZE MATTERS?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4072&p=120308#p120308I don't know guys, 150 FOV, 180 FOV, 100 gram AR, sheesh! You might think we got GANDALF himself on dis project, direct descendent of Ivan Sutherland and Alan Kay, F35 CIO ARCH WIZARD about to start slaying s...

Fallout 3/NV + Razer Hydra

Hello,I tried to play Fallout 3 with the oculus rift and it work well (I use VorpX) but I wanted to add the razer hydra and the problem is the head aiming. How can I remove the head aiming to just let the hydra aiming ? Like in HL2 where it work perf...

Trameur by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

New here. Greetings.

Hi,I am obviously new here. With that said, I do not want to bother you all with a "hi, new here" post anymore than this sentence.I purchased the dev kit 2 for my son and I to work on. I have a background in programming and my son just turned 14 and ...

poorguy by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OcCon After Breakfast

I'm super tired but nonetheless I wanted to quickly drop a message:Tomorrow (Sunday) morning meet-up at 10 am at Loews lobby. We're going to move to Mel's Diner for breakfast and discuss Oculus Connect impressions.Everyone is welcome to join us.Stefa...

SMaton by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

3D apps show up on regular monitors but not HMD?

Like the title says. I can use the Rift Display Mode to change to the "Extend Desktop to HMD" at which time I will get a blue light indicating a video signal and then the HMD shows my desktop...or part of it anyway. But then when I start one of the d...

Skavage by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dreams before Dawn - free download

Dreams before Dawn is ready to download now. It's a first beta version and might need a powerful graphics card. Run it in extended mode. Sorry, PC only: http://www.lightandmagic.co.ukimage.jpg

tracking hands with dk2 IR camera

I wander if it is possible to track your hands with the oculus dk2 IR camera.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xML2S6bvMwIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfQylUEG07khttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH2JTsqh6fchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLT4CFLIi8Ah...

aminemo by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DK2 + GTX770 - Your Nvidia control panel settings?

Hi everyone,could someone kindly post its preferred/optimal DK2 settings as they appears in "Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3D Settings" for a GTX770 graphic card?I've updated drivers to 340.52, but I'm still trying to solve some performance issues: t...

poxa by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Extended Mode cause desktop and monitor to stop

Hi,Every time I try to switch to extended mode my Desktop crashes by that I mean all icons disappear expect for my Desktop background image and when I click alt + ctrl + delete then the monitor goes completely black . Everything was working fine prev...

Are Oculus apps rendering at correct resolution?

This is in regards to what I'll describe as "third party" apps, rather than the stuff we're building ourselves. I'm talking about existing games or experiences that support the Rift, things like Elite: Dangerous, Euro Truck Simulator 2, or Rift-exclu...

How do you hook up HAWKEN with Oculus

So the game I want to play the most with Oculus is HAWKEN. However, I have tried extended display mode and direct to HMD mode and nothing works. I have the DK2 and have heard that its not up to par with DK2 but cant the DK2 still work with games that...

New 980 build

Specifically ordered for VR development and demonstration I've just put in my order for this.http://i.imgur.com/gUaUGV8.pngFingers crossed it crushes everything that it meets 

RoyMi6 by Level 2
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy for PC! Want VorpX support!

So apparently it was announced by Square Enix that the Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy will release on PC, with Final Fantasy XIII to release this coming October 9th, and the other 2 following in 2015 on PC.I know Final Fantasy XIII wasn't a great game co...

Cloud87 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Connect and gender/"color" ratio

So, I organized an enthusiast Oculus Connect Kickoff dinner and I attend the Connect, and I read through a whole bunch of tweets. There are 2 things that really disturb me related to this:A) women whining about the fact that there are not so many wom...

SMaton by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nvidia Maxwell Information Today?

Sounds like we're going to hear about Nvidia Maxwell today from John Carmack.From Doc Oculus' blog: http://www.houstonvr.com/?p=16There are indications that we’ll likely get to see new hardware tomorrow– at least inputs, perhaps an updated HMD protot...

Oculus Connect - Unofficial Pre & Post Conference Activities

Many of us will be arriving earlier or will be staying for a bit after the conference. Here is a list of things we could do together Santa Monica PierWhat to bring: CameraHollyridge Trail Hikebased on this website: http://hollywoodsigntrip.com/holly...

Any opinions on Headsets ?

Wanna get a headset for VRChat and voice attack. I want it to be able to work wireless and wired. Would love a detachable mic so i can use them as a music headset too. Also, blocking external sounds will be important to me too.So anyone got anything ...

Iccanui by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Nvidia cards dedicated VR support, what about the old?

So Nvidia have announced their new Maxwell graphics cards will have dedicated VR support including the ability to SLI cards. What does this mean for anyone with anything older? I have a 780 ti and was hoping that would suffice for at least a few year...

dkellitt by Level 2
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

whirlpool bathtub

A whirlpool bathtub is a self-contained, jetted tub which is used to relax and massage tired muscles. There are two types of whirlpool tubs - air jet tubs and water jet tubs. Although they function in different ways, both kinds of tubs serve the same...

huda by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Headtracking

Is it possible to disable all headtracking and positional tracking? so that it affects all every application you run?Some demos have options to disable and some do not, is it possible via config utility or something similar.Thanks.

kfciggy by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VR future good for reality?

Hey guys I wander if once our HMD reaches 4k resolution and 180 degrees of FOV and we start to make virtual tours and eat virtual food will we still need the real world then ?Will we need to pay taxes to our governement in order to allows us to enter...

aminemo by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos