General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 43 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Geforce 680 getting 75FPS on Alien Isolation?

How is it, I can get 75fps with a Geforce 680 playing Alien isolation, but on some pretty bad looking demos I can struggle to get 35FPS? The only thing I have to tun off in Alien isolation is SSAO, and I get a steady 75fps on my Gainward phantom 4GB ...

RedRizla by Level 15
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solved

I'm watching the Tested video of Will playing Aliens and notice he doesn't have the sync cable plugged in. I hate that cable. It doesn't have to be plugged in? It seems to work without it. What are the downsides of it being unplugged? I'm confused, b...

3 monitors issue

Hi there!I have a 3 monitor setup (2x 1080p duplicated and one extended) plus the Rift DK2.Having just 1 VGA, I need to disconnect the HDMI duplicated screen to plug in the Rift. To solve this, I was thinking of getting a splitter like this one:http:...

Off-axis Chromatic Aberration

I apparently have a neanderthal face. The config tool from DK1 reports a 69mm IPD and the config tool for DK2 reports 72.4mm, with 12mm eye relief - fully extended. Perhaps I am dehydrated and have sunken eye sockets or something.I can live with the ...

Judder almost gone covering frontal LED

i have being trying to get rid of judder for a while, reading the forums i found a post telling to cover frontal LED. i just did that and the results where really good. Judder almost gone completely, and apparently the lateral LED still give me some ...

aragdun by Level 2
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

presence.. does the brightness help?

I tryed to turn off low persistence in the the Tuscany over SDK demo.I can feel better immersion by turning off low persistence which has as consequence to increase the brightness.It feel far away more realistic to me I can feel more presisely the vo...

aminemo by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Warehouse - full portability - solutions

Hi!Im looking into making the oculus fully portable for usage in a large empty warehouse as multiplayer game.Such as lazerdome, airsoft or paintball. The idea is to track the position of each player and provide a virtual enviroment as big as the ware...

Just installed the Oculus DK2. How the hell do I use it?

The Oculus is installed, plugged-in, and working.Now what?I have three games installed that according to the Wiki should work on Oculus Rift - ArmA 3, AAAaaAAAaaaaAaAAA - For the Awesome, and Battlefield 4.I launch AAAaaAAAaaaaAaAAA - For the Awesome...

Don't forget a microphone!

Oculus is going for a headset that has headphones, and I totally like that idea.But there is another thing that they should also integrate into the headset, a microphone.Microphone would serve a purpose not only for voice communication in games, but ...

Any ETA for next SDK?

After the introduction of 4.2, curious to see if any rumors flying around (If even that) of a new SDK coming out, or even being planned in the next say...2-3months?

michealv by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are you Backing the Phobos VR Therapy Indiegogo? :)

HelloI remember there were a few folks interested in VR Exposure Therapy, so I thought I would share the link to the Phobos (ex-AMVR) Indiegogo page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/phobos-anxiety-management-vr-platformThe idea behind it is to use...

Oculus rift newbie

hey guys just ordered my oculus rift today cant wait to get it hope it does not take long to ship just becuase it says 6-8 weeks does that mean it will take that long?o well jsut hear to say hey guys and asking for any tips and a good controller to u...

Tigerdirect GTX 970

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9267046&CatId=7387I placed an order for a GTX 970 last week, the order stated a 2 day ship date. I did a live chat with them today for a status and they said it has an ETA of ...

PKRipper by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

whats your fps in alien isolation

Im on a 6970 overclocked with a fx8150 4.2 and 8gb 1600 ddr3 ram and I can only get about 45-55 frames with everything on low with vsync off.. I know the goal is to aim for 75 with vsync on but having lower frame rate isn't really all that bad to me ...

Recommended cameras

Hey,I'm new to the Oculus and video cameras used for streaming. I have been working on a project to combine a robot and oculus to create an immersive experience, but I don't know what the required speccs for a camera streaming to the oculus should be...

larstoc by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Will the 980GTX in SLI work out of the box with DK2?

I read an article that states that nVidia has worked with Oculus to ensure that if you run two 980's in SLI, it will use each card to render each image to the eyes.Any word if this will work out of the box with DK2 Direct mode? If so I'm going to tak...

bar10dr by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

DK2 First Impressions

I never had a DK1 and I just got my DK2 24 hours ago.After I spent an hour setting everything up, putting the lenses in a comofrtable position to wear with glasses, putting in a semi proper IPD setting I finally launched the demo scene.First reaction...

NickKon by Level 2
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Elite dangerous review/play whatever..

So yeah, made a vid of me messing around with ED and the DK2. Check it out, I really enjoy making vids. But always looking to improve, probably my biggest "shortfall" is knowing when and where to edit stuff. Anyways enjoy, critiques are welcome 

Dewm by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DK2 all-in-one survival guide and HowTo for extended desktop

I collected all my early experiences with the DK2 into a single html page on my host, in order to have a one-place for starters :mrgreen: If you find it useful, reply to the thread to keep it up for newcomershttp://www.ilculto.it/cesare/info.eng.html...

Crespo80 by Level 3
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

S/H DK1 part availability

What with a number of users / devs wanting rid of their DK1 since receiving DK2, I am tempted to purchase one as a collectible.However, I wanted to know if parts would be available if there were any issues in the future? I am guessing not, as it woul...

dk2 with rowing app

Just wondering if indoor rowing and a rowing racing app would work. Rowpro is what a lot of people use. It would be very good with a dk2 being able to look around at your fellow online rowers.Would the lens steam up too much? or the band get to greas...

hotrok by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

More on 3D Audio... From Stereo Headphones...

http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-dk2-realsense-3d-audio-preview-download/Oculus made it clear last month at its inaugural developer event ,’Oculus Connect’, that audio is in their sights. Not only was the new Crescent Bay prototype revealed sporti...

Visual glossary of issues? (Smear etc.)

Is there a visual glossary of sorts explaining the different potential problems one may run into when using the Oculus? I'm thinking of things like- flicker- latency issues- low-fps- jutter/ judder- smear- ghosting- stutterWhat are they, how do they ...

Any progress on possible ".vr" top level domain names?

Hello all,I know 2 letter TLDs are usually reserved by the ICANN for countries/location, but with the obvious VR avalanche coming, does anybody here know if ".vr" domain names will eventually be available, since it ain't used by any country? Can't fi...

JanO by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GTX 980M a game changer for truly portable riftin'

Hi!Anyone into graphic cards and mobile gaming can not have missed the new wonderful Nvidia GTX980M.Bringing specs up to desktop level on laptops. Now I can not be the only one that want to se a fully portable solution. Being completly wireless conne...

DK2 setup tutorial

hello folkscan anybody point me at a DK2 setup tut?? so far everything comes on....... on the TV, im doing something completely wrong, followed the set up instructions from oculus but im pi55in in the wind herecheersmick

KINGvr by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors