General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v31 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of July 20, 2021. Invite to Game We’ve created multiplayer APIs for developers to use with their apps. For any app that opts into this feature, you’ll be able to invite friends o...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 18 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Oculus Connect videos?

Sadly I was not able to attend :roll: Are there no official videos anywhere of the speakers? I tried youtube but I can only find scattered videos by 3rd parties.

AirVR - another clone?

Hey, what's up guys?I found "something" on Kickstarter recently.AirVR - Virtual Reality for iOSAnd I started thinking about quality. Will there be a whole clone army on the market before we get the CV1?Will it hurt the perception of potential VR cons...

Low-mid range VR setups

Would like to see some data on the lower end computers using VR. By lower end I mean mid-range gaming PC's because the standards are so much higher with VR. Post up your specs and performance please! Even if its just your graphics card, because that ...

Oneiros by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Global Illumination for Gaming in VR

http://postimg.org/gallery/34y668bk/Link to Gallery The new 900 series Maxwell GPUs from nVidia feature real-time global illumination. A lighting rendering method usually done by software on a cpu for professional 3d rendering. This is one of the mos...

Boston Virtual Reality Meetup featuring JauntVR on 10/15

At the next Boston Virtual Reality Meetup we're hosting JauntVR (www.jauntvr.com). Their camera system simultaneously records 3D stereoscopic video in all directions and has a unique design that can be flexibly configured. Coupled with their 3D sound...

DK2 Interaxial Distance adjusters (aka Lens IPD adjusters)

What you need to know:Don't use the DK1 adjusters for the DK2Although some can 'fit' (shown in wussmuffin's awesome vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3ueD9LFUM) ) the new lip on the DK2 Lenses interfere with a section used for strengthening in t...

bwhill by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

OMG I just met the Cyberith dude in Perth!

If it wasn't you my name isn't fudspong, I slurred at you in Hungry Jacks Palmyra Western Australia. Dude, apologies for being a bit drunk, sister in law wedding aftermath (trust me, be glad you weren't there). But holy shitballs batman. I spent my w...

Gunnar optiks tech on rift?

I already have pretty bad eyes so was just worried about 2 magnifying glasses magnifying a bright little screen. Have you guys already thought about teaming up with Gunnar Optiks? Would be awesome if you could sell accessories for the rift, with the ...

Why no one recommends assembled PCs?

I just need the damn thing to run and I am no tech enthusiast(certainly not to the extent of you guys). Why does everyone recommend you should buy parts and assemble the PC? What's the harm in buying one?If I google cheap gaming pcs, so many options ...

Rishi851 by Level 2
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

DK2 as primary, 75hz, still at 60fps

Hello, people.Firstly, direct mode works works alright for me, at 75fps. My issue is with extended mode demos/games.From what I've read here, demos are supposed to run at 75fps if your DK2 is set as the primary monitor.Even if I set my DK2 as the pri...

EmuZero by Level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VR for non-entertainment/productivity apps & VR UI

Hey everyone! Full disclosure: This is a cross post from r/oculus. I figure the audiences are sufficiently distinct to justify a cross post but altogether cover a large part of the oculus community. Anyway... What are your thoughts on non-entertainme...

DK2 Holder

Interesting......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7PoS4Miy0

OVRPlayerController rotates very quickly

I start feeling sick when a game uses the OVRPlayerController, because the right and left arrow keys on my keyboard rotate the player very quickly, and I get a sense of dizziness.I know this is configurable, but it seems like many games are using the...

kburke by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus 3D panoramic camera

I think that oculus should enlarge their contribution to VR developpement by launching their own solution for telepresesence and 3d panoramic cameras because VR headset can be necesarry only if their is a lot of panoramic 3d content to watch.

aminemo by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Oculus being too cautious with software updates?

For a developer kit, I'm a little surprised by the small amount of SDK\Runtime updates that get posted. I'm generally used to getting more regular updates from such kits. I have to wonder if they're being overly cautious due to the number of enthusia...

DK2 - Freshen My Foam (TM)

HelloOK title was a bit midleading, I don't have a product to freshen the DK2 face-foam. I WANT ONE :mrgreen: As many will have noted, the foam is glued onto the unit. Its fine right now, but in a few months time its going to smell like the inside of...

Wireline by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Place to try Rift in SF Bay Area ?

I've been following Oculus since the Kickstarter campaign but have never had the opportunity to actually try it. Any recommendations for places to try it in the SF Bay Area? I see there 's a 1 minute San Jose Marriott "Travel Brilliantly" demo Nov. 6...

Head tracking not always working

I would appreciate if anyone could offer some insight. I am able to get head tracking to work with the demo and a few apps. But I am yet to get it working with steam games. It's as though the rift is functioning purely as a monitor on my head.Is ther...

My quick and dirty judder fix

Each time I'm in a demo and I start to experience judder, I put both of my hands over the front of the DK2, in an attempt to block out enough IR lights to cause the camera to lose positional tracking. After holding my hands there for a few seconds, t...

Defenseless when immersed in VR

I think it's an issue that when you're immersed in VR you are vulnerable to not only the world outside VR but also to the world inside VR :I don't feel at ease using the rift when I'm around people that I don't 100% trust because you're essentially b...

Unoffficial DK2 Shipping Update Whining Forum

Please post here if you need to whine, complain or rant about your DK2 not being shipped yet.Don't clutter the Official DK2 Shipping Update (Sept 12th 2014) thread. It's difficult to find useful information for the rest of us. 

How do I enable Direct Mode on DK1?

This may seem like a really dumb question, and I can't find an answer to it - probably because the answer is so obvious, no one ever asks for it... :oops: But what is 'direct mode' and how do I use it on the DK1?

Granite by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 9 Developer Preview.. anyone on-board?

Windows 9 developer preview is being shown off on Tuesday, 30-Sept.. does anyone have plans on putting together a developer workbench to test the developer preview when it comes out shortly after? I am interested in seeing if there is a performance i...

Stan Lee on Subway demo?

Is it just me or do others think that on the Subway demo Stan Lee is sitting at the back and the bloke lying down on the seat looks a little like Nathan Drake?Probably been mentioned before but I just played it then.

Gruntis by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

dectivate tripple buffer for much better performance!

Hi guys, this is probably old news to some of you, but it helped me a lot so I thought I´d share. After watching Carmacks opening talk, I stumbled upon the fact that he mentioned the triple buffering causing problems on mobile VR. Afterwards I checke...