General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

EVGA 780 Ti SC -> 980 SC / StepUp??

Hi, I have had my EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX card (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-2884-KR) for just over one month and will be entitled to step up to the EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX2.0 (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-298...

drocula by Level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

3RD Space® Vest Update !

Unlike rumble or motorized force feedback devices, the Vest uses air to generate impact and pressure forces to your body emulating the quality, character, and directional attributes of what you see happening.http://tngames.com/news_detail/1/55/TN-Gam...

Unofficial DK2 Pending Thread (Sept 17th 2014)

Please post all of your Pending statuses as well as any venting, whining, bellyaching, complaining or rightous indignation. Hopefully, the actual shipping status thread can go back to being useful. I'll start - Why the f haven't there been any US shi...

Things I'm Looking Forward To

-Full peripheral vision (no black borders around image)-4k resolution or higher-'Sunglasses' form factor (lightweight, sleek, not bulky, no need for head straps)-Completely wireless connectivityI think we'll get there. It will just take a number of i...

Minimum CPU suggestions for DV2 and going forward

Sorry in advance if this has been covered before, I did do a search and really couldn't find an answer.Sure we've had a number of threads regarding GPU's, but how about CPU minimum levels.I'm not talking about something ancient that would bottleneck ...

VR46 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

So I got MAC ...

Hello,Im using a Macbook Pro, 2.2 Intel i7, 16 GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB (15-inch, Early 2011) and I would like to know if anyone has used or would know if the DK2 will work ok on these specs?I will generally be using it with one game Elit...

Hands-on feedback (expect some critics)

First of all, I'd like to thank Oculus VR team for making such a great job bringing such a complicated technology as a VR into affordable package.Second of all I'd like to ask all fanboys taking some mild sedatives before reading further, this is not...

Any performance difference using HDMI vs. DVI adapter?

Hi all,My setup includes a Geforce GTX 680 and two 144hz Asus VG248 monitors, each running via dual link DVI-D cables to the corresponding ports on video card. This allows me to achieve the 144hz refresh rate not seemingly possible with HDMI, which r...

Foveated rendering

I know foveated rendering has been talk to death a bit lately, but it seems like it's the same foveated rendering of just the center every time and nothing about just changing the rendering from the start. This seems silly to just work on center view...

Mradr by Level 13
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

oculus dk2 issue

Hi after calibrating the dk2 I see this issue on all demos beside the runtime demo sceneyou can see that on the left side of the dk2 there is a dark line and you can see the screen of the right eye.thanks for the help.

zohan by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Q: VIREio Perception

Hi All,I am a new Rift user having been silently following this great product for a while.I have a second hand DK1 and got a DK2 on order.Quick question if I may ?If I use the VIREio Perception driver, how exactly do I tie this in with a game ?Is it ...

geogussr in the rift?

Sounds pretty cool, I know street view is possible in the rift, so I'd imagine the people that do geoguessr could probably port it to the rift. I'd honestly love to try that out.

Nexa by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maxwell Launch

/Discuss❤️ the VR Direct announcement. Also the VXGI tech was really cool!

DK2 was displaying but now is not.

So yeah I had it working and then as soon as I installed the runtime for windows and start steam VR the whole thing crashed. Now If I push the power button on the DK2 it just goes to standby mode. It turns on when I put it into extended desktop but e...

Oculus Connect and demo area ? WHAT, WHO, HOW !?

Hello everyone, bonjour ! ^_^This is addressed to the OC1 organizers, and it's a very important subject."Share your latest work with fellow developers at the Demo Lounge. This lounge will be open throughout the course of the conference with content t...

Why does VR take such a performance hit over 1080p

HiI tried to find a thread/announcement with this however came up short.A friend of mine asked me why I am looking to upgrade my gpu for VR and looking to go completely top of the line when he has a far cheaper - albeit fairly high end - gpu happily ...

Oculus Connect Conference

I applied for the connect developer conference and it was said that emails are sent out "in the coming weeks". Now, as I fly from germany to the US, I need to apply before for a business visa, visa for my son (whole family would fly to LA). Also, fli...

Are Full HD side by side movies possible?

When CV1 arrives I really want to watch 3D movies on it. However I seem to be hitting a wall.3D Blu Rays are full 1080p frame packed to output 2 full 1920*1080p frames (2million pixels per eye).Why is it that when turning a 3D Blu Ray disc into a dig...

CV1 Release Date? These guys seem to know!!

Does this website know something I don't regards the CV1 release date?Look down the page a bit for the counter!http://archvirtual.com/oculus-rift-development/#.VBruw2fjhn0 :?

dmc100 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Connect

Hi all, I'm heading to Oculus Connect and wondered if there were any spare invites out there?

DK2+Razer Hydra Compatibility

Other than that HL2 mod what other demos/games make use of both DK2 and the Hydra?You think there is any chance that the Tuscany Physics demo is gonna get an update for DK2?Thanks

tamonte by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Darkfield VRR Video Review 4.5 Alpha

Hi Alllatest video review of Darkfield, Score and download link can be found below. http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com/DEMO-detail/darkfield-vr-alpha-4-5/

on play variable ipd

I wander if it is possible to vary ipd on play in order to optimise the CPU ressource and 3d sensationI mean for example going to zero ipd when a stong 3d effect is not neededCan a variable IPD has more effect than a constant oneAnd is there a link b...

aminemo by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

trucker jobs apps

there is a HL2 thread already in the games section, but to answer your question.yes, my HL2 always starts in VR mode....I run steam VR and in my list of games it lists HL2 VR enabled, no messing or faffing.it works a treat sorry i have not given spe...

Lag on Oculus Rift DK2

I just installed my DK2 and it is giving me a lot of lag on both the demo and other games. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this??!!!

JonnyM by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google has bought Oculus!(Apparently) + I want to go to bed

Currently trying to stay awake by lurking on these forums and surfing the interwebs after pulling an all nighter.And I happend upon this, http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Newest-oculus-rift-Google-Cardboard-Virtual-reality-4-6-inch-Smartphone-3D-g...

opamp by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos