General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Graphics card FPS survey for Elite Dangerous

Considering what I've read about SLI and rift latency (and considering many other gripes I have with SLI), I'm deciding to upgrade my graphics card. I'll be owning Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. So my question to anyone running the DK2 (I ordered ...

i don't want to be that guy!

Now I know most shipments will be delivered during august which is fine but at the rate if the shipments atm inbelive over half will arrive in September including mine!bi don't know if its just me but that is too late forbmine and probably anyones li...

4k samsung screens 2015

Put it straight in the Rifthttp://www.display-central.com/free-news/display-daily/4k-smartphones-wrist-next/

DK2 Hardware Hack to make the IPD adjustable

Hi,this is for the people which have problems with the fixed IPD of the DK2 - you know how annoying this is.I have found a workaround to make the IPD of the rift adjustable.My IPD is 71mm :shock: and the default IPD of the DK2 is very uncomfortable t...

juergen2 by Level 2
  • 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to protect and care for your DK2

I have put together this blog post to help give DK2 owners some tips on protecting their units - with a focus on lenses. If you have any other recommendations let me know and I can add them in. http://johnstejskal.com/wp/caring-for-your-oculus-rift-d...

Head orientation for disabled developer?

Hey everyone! I have a friend who is an awesome gamer and developer. He has a disability and plays games laying down and this is also how he accesses his computer. Is there a way to orientate the Oculus to simulate sitting up while he is laying down?...

I don't wanna be that guy... but my plan has been ruined

I was planning on updating my old desktop setup in may 2015 expecting to get the most out of my money to play the VR dream with the CV1. Hopefuly at a more affordable price (maybe graphics cards price lowered and so on). But yesterday my 6870 HD died...

Flip Screen

Hello everyone I have a problem I bought DK 2, when I connect the computer development kit2, kit View Flip It happens to connect two computers that I have Anyone here can help? And another question, dk2 development kit also old games work? Or need sp...

edendjs by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Our Full Oculus DK2 Review is finally here

Hi AllIts been a while coming but we hope you enjoy. Please let us know your thoughts good or bad, we are always eager for feedback.Note: All event footage and photos are property of Oculus VR, hope they don't mind.

DK2 FOV downgrade from DK1?

Sorry if there is already a topic for this that I couldn't find from doing a search, but I was wondering if the downgrade in the Field of View from the DK1 to the DK2 should be of any concern?The DK1 states a Field of View of 110 degrees and the DK2 ...

jrd3d by Level 3
  • 322 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Sweet FX make thing look better in DevKit 2?

I was just wondering if you can get SweetFX, to make things look better inl DevKit 2? I use SweetFX for lots of my games and it makes such a huge difference to how my games look. So, I'm just curious if anyones tinkered with it in in the DevKit?Here ...

DLLs for SDK 0.4.1

If anyone is interested, I built DLLs for x86 and x86_64 here: https://www.jspenguin.org/software/glbumper/files/libovr_dll_0.4.1.zipThat file also includes example C code for loading the library dynamically at runtime (just use d_ovr_* and d_ovrHmd_...

We're getting close to a major GPU power breakthrough

A few things have been said already about NVlink, nvidia roadmaps, Pascal, etc.Now I wanted to know a little bit more, and came to find a couple of videos that explain further.I got excited so I post them.Rob Farber. This man is a genius.This clip go...

zdaniel by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Realistic or cartoonish graphics?

Which do you prefer?On DK1 i myself prefer more cartoonish graphics because its more clear to watch and actually feels more like being in the world than realistic. Not too cartoonish thought, but something in middle of cartoonish and realistic.A good...

rollez by Level 2
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Real question about DK2

In real autocross you get the feel of the G's. You can tell when there is slip and grip. With the HMD is it all hype after a while? Like a stationary seat and nothing else but feedback feel.. does it get stupid after a while?

CV1 Release?

Hi everyone!Im from Argentina and I would like to know if there is a estimate release date for the concumer version. Any news?

imag98 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

4D RPG Turn Based VR experiences. DOTA?

Hey Forum,thinking out loud here....A 4D RPG turn based VR experience would be like taking the classic turn based gameplay and applying it to a virtual amphitheater, where 3D characters would battle it out on a virtual stage, PvP style two competitor...

cubytes by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buying from resellers

It obviously isnt allowed to sell them, but...- Is it allowed to buy them?- What about warranty?- Can i have a cookie?I wasnt prepared to get sucked into the OR world, and having to wait till October now makes me impatient. 

Panthau by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DK2, any way to output to both the rift and the monitor?

So I work for a public library system here in Colorado and we have DK1s at all of our branches for the public to try out and experience. Since they output to both the monitor and the rift, it makes it very nice and easy to "demo" to a crowd. One pers...

Albino Lullaby VR Horror Preview

Hi All, Check this out. It's currently on Kickstarter. Also I recommend looking at the kickstarter for the pooch  Game details here http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com/albino-lullaby-vr-horror-preview-oculus-rift/Kickstarter Link https://www.kicks...

Can not change or check refresh rate for Oculus Rift DK2

A strange thing, I cannot change the refresh rate of the DK2, under windows screen settings with the rift in extended mode it is recognised as Rift DK2 max res is 1920x1080 but when I right click on display 2 and go to properties all the options to c...

OR DK2 Doesn't Stay On?

Have gotten my Oculus Rift DK2 device today, and have set it up by following the quick start instructions, but upon connecting the headset's USB cable to my PC, the headset powers on (blue light) but then 2 seconds later powers off. I have tired the ...

X99, DDR4 and Haswell-E Rumored Aug 29 Release

Just came across this rumor... it's the second article from the top under the one about the Witcher 3 bundle. I was about to build a Z97 system but if this is true, good chance I'll wait the extra 2 weeks.http://www.tomshardware.com/news/haswell-e-dd...

Stryker by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FPV goggles project

Hi there;I have noticed that Oculus can be used as First Person View goggles that become very popular among RC models flying Multicopters and planes , cars with cameras attached on these unmanned vehicles. Drones or UAV require to be controlled in li...

OculusVR at Gamescom 2014

Greetings from Cologne, Germany.Anybody else have visited the Oculus booth at Gamescom? I've been there today and was totally impressed by the DK2 Demo. Its a little bit uncomfortable with glasses but not as much as i thought. The level of immersion ...

m4niac by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos