Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

PLEASE don't give up on VR!

A lot of developers are cancelling their projects as a knee-jerk reaction to the news, but some are still optimisitic that either a strong competitor will emerge, or that this deal won't be nearly as bad as everyone's initial reaction.If you are cons...

Anti FB - Oculus had already part sold to VP.

Just want to throw out there that none of you anti-FB lot said a single thing when 2 viper like venture cap. companies got their claws into Oculus. Where was you vitriol then?And oh look they've just multiplied their investment 20 fold. The point is ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions of this Community to OculusVR

Hello,I am opening this thread in order to discuss the implications of yesterday's acquisition of OculusVR by Facebook. The intend is to collect questions that "we" the community would like Oculus VR to address.I will start with three questions:1) Wi...

Robert by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Did Facebook just acquire a database of VR programmers?

From the Kickstarter rules:Project Creators agree to not abuse other users' personal information. Abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than those explicitly specified in the Project Creator’s Project, or is not related...

will DK2 come out any sooner because of this?

I know this is wishful thinking but it would really be great if some way DK2 could come out sooner. after all that really is the next big step for Oculus getting DK2 out as soon as possible so that we can work with the new hardware. Please strongly c...

Evenios by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

As the dust settles the cooler heads prevail...

I'll admit, I'm stunned, I'm positive, I'm negative, I have a rollercoster of feelings about FB buying OculusVR.There are pros and cons with everything, absolutely everything.Pros:- Massive increase in budget, money a non-issue in getting the product...

EarlGrey by Expert Protege
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

New HMD to hit the market, or vaporware?

With all the facebook thing, a new hmd have been presented, TPG, TruePlayerGear, with 1080p, 90 FOV, positional tracking via 2 cameras in the headset, low persistance and hardware acelerated lens correction and tracking.Oh and also it works both in P...

Morpheox by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

A Fresh Perspective

The reason for the sudden negative outburst is that Oculus was not what people though it was, and this is a painful realization after they projected their own ideals onto Oculus for so long. It is obvious now that a majority of the gaming community v...

treytech by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Well done Palmer Luckey !!!

Can't believe I turn my back for a couple of days while I'm working and all hell has broken loose lol,Just want to say Well done Palmer and the Oculus Team you have just opened up a whole new load of doors great move sod all the Whiney bitches!Well d...

Let's have cybereality's and carmack's opinion on the FB Acq

Let's have cybereality's and carmack's honest, not "switzerlandesq", opinion on the FB Acquisition. Those two are the most trustworthy voices at Oculus. I would like to hear their thoughts.Update: Here are Palmer's responses via Reddit threadhttp://i...

EvilBeaN by Honored Guest
  • 41 replies
  • 0 kudos

Well Notch is out!

I dunno how many care about Minecraft but ..Notch just bailed shipSomeone tell me this acquisition is still a good thing ..http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2014/03/25/minecraft-creator-kills-oculus-rift-plans-because-facebook-creeps-him-out/

Kneejerk Reaction to the news

So, I, like many people today, had a knee-jerk reaction to today's (rather, last night's) news about FB's acquisition of OR.50 shares of FB are now in my account. (I'm a wanna-be indie dev, gimme a break :P)Ever since the kickstarter, I always wanted...

As a guy that quit Facebook, I still support this. (VIDEO)

I just quit Facebook early Monday morning, so this is a strange coincidence. I've got no problem with the merger as long as we are never REQUIRED to have a Facebook account. But for those that use it daily this can be fucking huge. When I first read ...

Who really wants the Metaverse or the Oasis...

be build by Facebook? :evil: It´s like the beginning of the matrix, and the name of Sony´s "morpheus" makes now more sense then before. I ask myself if Sony knew about this buyout?

3DByte by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Only Valve can save us now

I must say I have been searching for positives to the Facebook acquisition and I just can't square them with the spirit in which we have all supported Oculus from day one.I would have thought John Carmack would have seen parallels with Bethesda buyin...

What a Sony VR system needs

I've been thinking about this. I want to publish this on Gamasutra and hopefully send a message to Sony about what they need to make their VR system as good as possible. I'd be very grateful if you guys can help me point out any flaws in my argument....

DK3 seems much more likely post aquisition

I thought that DK2 was a stop gap solution and now with the aquisition by Facebook this seems even more likely Issues that oculus faced1. Inability to carry on supplying DK1 due to supply issues - If your building out a developer network you cant say...

BigKate by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Riftmax LIVE - Episode II - Saturday, March 15th @ 4PM EST

Hello all! This is the announcement for the second episode. For this show, we have a great line-up for you:-YouTube personality, Emart-Technolust developer, AntiCleric-Oculus VR Community Manager, CyberealityPlus, a special report from the Metacraft ...

Should kickstarter backers get their money back

At the news that Palmer sold out to facebook, I was pretty upset. It felt like everything he stood for was a lie and I suspected this was his plan all along, to convince naive gamers that he would support ideals of oppenness and give the finger to th...

wazzoz99 by Honored Guest
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

How many 8-bit VR remakes are there?

I'm really into 8bit games (gameboy snes ect.) and I found out recently about The Legend of Zelda VR. I'm wanting to know what 8Bit games have 3D remakes that work with the oculus rift.The legend of zelda - unofficial 3D support http://www.youtube.co...

-> How to make crystalcove tracking + good standing VR

Hello,Until now i was thinking that Standing VR was not compatible with crystal cove technology (Visual Tracking)There were several answer proposed , but all of them we lacking a critical point.The best idea i think is to play UNDER the webcam and ad...

Tgaud by Honored Guest
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Persistence of Vision Question...

The idea behind persistence of vision as many know already is to effectively flicker the frame on and off at a fast rate, only showing the frame for a fraction of a second (like movie film). My question is, since the DK2 will have persistence of visi...

2015 E3

I bet $20 that OR will have a big presentation at E3 that will enter them in the console market.

Zimtower by Expert Protege
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facebook uncertainty? Solution: Make an Open Standard

It occurred to me that there is a very simple, relatively painless way that Oculus could prove a certain level of commitment to the development community in light of their recent acquisition by Facebook. If Oculus wants to help foster an "open, conne...

FDP by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Just had a meeting with my Dev Team

I'm running a small team of artists and coders here in in Asia. I heard the news of the F.b purchase this morning. Ok there are many developers who are putting there time and money into developing for your hardware. Now that facebook has purchased yo...

Qix by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels