General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 45 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Consumer version handle slip rings?

Since the OMNI and others Omni direction treadmills are coming out. The developer version has an issue with cords twisting.Will Oculus have a removable cable so we can purchase longer cables? And is Oculus working on a slipring that can be purchases ...

lilwolf by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

An Article on empathy "walk a mile in their shoes"

This is an article about walking a mile in a homosexual person's shoes. In hopes to bring about understanding and reduce hatred and discrimination.I personally think this is a good idea, not simply for the homosexual community, but for all prejudices...

Madaras by Level 5
  • 50 replies
  • 0 kudos

US Zones Shipping

I just contacted the Oculus Rift support team, and they told me that they are shipping out the Rifts by region first, then order number. Please reply to this post with your state, and order number (you don't need to post your exact order number, just...

trecneps by Level 2
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

should i get the hydra if i can afford it?

hello.i have ordered a rift a month and a half ago and waiting for it to arrive. i found that the best way of passing the time while waiting for the rift is watching rift videos and lurking the forums. what i came to ask is as a vr enthusiast should ...

Battler by Level 2
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thinking of Buying...

My birthday is November 22nd and i have been thinking of buying the dev kit, because i like to play in Unity and there are some cool looking games coming out i would like to try. My questions are...When in December will they be shipped? How come they...

Rev VR Podcast LIVE - Friday November 22nd, 2013 7PM EST

It is time for another LIVE Rev VR Podcast. We will discuss the Oculus Rift, have a few special guests, and geek out over fun things in the VR Community. Spread the word and join the fun! We will be taking questions, and Drax will be playing Half Lif...

Hey, Oculus Sends Some Bigger Developers the HD Rift?

Hey I've been waiting patiently for Star Citizen and reading everything coming from them lately. I just noticed that they are fine tuning there Hanger Module with a HD version of the rift! So, apparently, there already is a DevKit 2, you just have to...

News Update with Ben Lang from RoadToVR - Rev VR Podcast

No VR News Update this week. Instead, I have Ben Lang from RoadToVR joining me to discuss all of the latest news. We discuss Avegant, Xcope, the Virtuix Omni, 3D movies, VorpX, Valve's VR HMD, and so much more. Plus I announce that we will be doing a...

Looking for: Thread about setting the Rift up for demos

My SearchFu is really failing me. I'm trying to find a thread which I'm sure was in Oculus General Discussion and it was talking about how to set the rift up for giving demonstrations to people but I can't for the life of me seem to find it. I've tri...

FrancoB by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

I can't... I can't get out.

My Rift turned up today, I've been excited about the Rift ever since I found out about it. I've never used one before today, and since I got home from work at 6pm, I've been in the Rift constantly. It's now 1:36am... 7 1/2 hours in the Rift.. and I j...

Cyph3r by Level 3
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

NA Processing (65XXX and up)

So now that people up to 64XXX in NA are starting to receive their processing emails, I guess this is the new waiting thread for the rest of us?To about a month of waiting! Huzzah!

Rift demos on Mac: shouldn't the screens be roundish?

I downloaded a few Rift demos from the Share website for my Mac at work, in advance to getting a Rift tomorrow. But all of the demos including Tuscany use the entire half screen per eye, not the somewhat rounded shape seen in every video. Am I doing ...

What sensors does Rift have and what can they do?

There are no specs in the FAQ (wtf?), and I can't find a straight answer elsewhere on the Internet. Like, it used to use one sensor, but then some Apple dude joined the team to make a better sensor.What sensors would the dev kit have if I ordered it ...

Peripheral vision

So I just got my rift today, went through the calibration and IPD measurement stuff, have 20/20 vision using the A cups, and I'm still having a big problem with the FOV/peripheral vision. Basically I feel like I'm looking through a pair of binoculars...

uviuar by Level 2
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why not do it yourself?

This started as a response to a poster in another thread, in regards to a "stop making games like this and start making this game I want to play" post, but given the number of posts from non-devs along these lines I thought it might be more useful as...

faust by Level 2
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where to get Hydra in Europe

Hi to every oneI will be receiving, hopefully, my Oculus next Thursday. I have been looking for a place to buy Hydra but I only found Amazon at over 200$ and the Sixense web that doesn't even mention the possibility of human beens living out side of ...

Oculus Rift Lens Separation Adjuster (for extreme IPDs)

Yo Rifters, I announced the availability of this gadget on reddit a while back but have not posted here. I first wanted to get as much feedback as possible from various users so I can be as well informed as possible to answer any questions.I've got a...

bwhill by Level 2
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

The makers of Myst & Riven have a kickstarter!

Cyan has a kickstarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This MUST be backed. One of the stretch goals is OC Rift support. A modern day Myst in an all new original IP. THE.....Killer App for VR.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction‎

Should I order now rather than in January?

Hi, this is a bit of a strange question, and I'm new to the forums so I apologize if this has been asked before but I haven't seen anything about it.I'm a cinema major who's done some game design before as a hobby, and I'm planning on picking up the ...

building a new desk top for vr

I am going to build a new DT for vr it will have a AMD 6 core CPU 16 gig DDR3 AMD R9 280 if you all have thoughts onwhat I am going to build let me know. I think this will be a good DT for VR if not let me know. have not ordered the parts yet so if y...

A Conversation with Caine - Rev VR Podcast

Wow... Has it been 25 episodes already? Caine, a hobbyist developer and recognized contributer of the VR community, joins me in this episode of the Rev VR Podcast. We geek out and talk about his recent game, "Tales from the Rift," and almost everythi...

Anyone remember exactly what cables were included (for RMA)?

Hi,My DK1 unfortunately developed a display failure of some sort so it is going back for RMA. Unfortunately i don't remember exactly which cables belong with the Rift. Did it include both a HDMI and a DVI cable?I think the DVI cable that belongs with...

ziphnor by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where is it??

I got the shipping email on the 14th of this month. I have the tracking number. When I check the tracking number on the UPS website, it shows as being in California still. Origin scan in California and nothing else for 4 days. Is this normal? It does...

Disturbing Rift Review!

Yes indeed folks, it's yet another first-impression thread! As a new member, I thought it would be a good way to start off. Let me start off by saying that I am a bit of an old-school gamer and started off by playing the old DOS-based text games, mov...

Oculus Rift Creator: "Consoles Are Too Limited"

Don't be expecting Oculus Rift support for the PS4 or Xbox One any time soon.The Oculus Rift is making waves in the world of PC gaming as of late, trying it's best to provide gamers with the VR device we have been dreaming of since Tron. Even in the ...

Oculus Rift + Wall Street = The future of Stock Traders.

I don't think I need to explain much more given the context of the Rift.http://www.vincentabry.com/en/day-trading-geek-248I have been trading on the stock market for several years now and dabbled in day trading for a few months somewhere along the wa...

Photo and movie viewer

I'm getting excited about the use of the OR as a personal photo and movie viewer after an event at the Corcoran Gallery this weekend, and seeing the results from my Fugi W3 stereo camera. This aspect of the HMD should not be overlooked as it really m...

Roaster by Level 8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors