General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 47 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Many other Aussies or Kiwi's here?

I'm up in Qld, waiting on my order, though I get a feel for how many other Oculites there are down under.Hoping to keep my self distracted while waiting.I'd like to get a program going that lets me load up cad plans for houses, make a quick few decis...

Song Parody: "Puttin' on the Rift"

Every time I write a song parody someone ends up saying "you must have a lot of time on your hands". These things only take me 15 min or so, but in this case yes, I am READY to admit I do have a lot of time on my hands Gen Y and younger, flick this ...

kalorvoe by Level 2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

HD dev kits?????

Hi,what is the deal with two pictures of dev kits on the order page???does it mean hd on the way? oculus.png

zohan by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wait for consumer version as developer?

Hello everyone,This may have been posted before in similar topics, but I wasn't able to find a fitting answer to my question. Forgive me if I repeat this subject.I'm making some preparations for an indie game and I'm very curious about using the Rift...

Primary Monitor Goes Blank When Using Rift

Hey guys,Has anyone else had a problem with their primary monitor going blank when they run a program on the rift? It only happens with certain games for me (the riftcoaster, rise of flight with tridef) but not others (e.g. TF2), so I haven't been ab...

Had an odd dream...

...about the Oculus Rift, I believe it was either the first or second consumer version, we were playing a AAA fighting (war) game and it was REALLY immersive, so much so that your heart would actually race, you'd forget the feeling of headphones and ...

Chaoss by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Panocam 3d : Panoramic 3d camera

Hello,I work since fews months on a concept of panoramic 3d camera that I am impatient to present you.FIRST CONCEPTS :FINAL CONCEPT OF MY PANORAMIC 3D CAMERA :TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:- Composed of 6 synchronized full HD cameras to 5 megapixels shoot...

Edego by Level 2
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Rift Demo @ Meltdown, London - 6th November 2013

Tomorrow I am doing another public Oculus Rift demo at the Meltdown gaming and e-sports bar in London at 7pm - Wednesday, November 6th, 2013. The last one was quite successful. The demonstration is free!Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/...

Chaoss by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nausea probably isn't a bad thing

Okay. So, I do not have a Rift but I keep hearing the nausea issue come up.Of course technically this is a bad thing since its not a positive marketing gimmick ( when introducing the product to sheeple), however, I would think that means that the dev...

StCecil by Level 2
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terminally Ill Grandmother Uses Rift for Therapy

Most of us see the Rift as being more than just a gaming device, but this heart touching video demonstrated just how easily it can be a therapy device for people who aren't able to move around much.Be sure to watch her summation at the end for a beau...

Multi/curved monitor pc display inside the rift

Ok, so for the longest time people have worked for that immersion feel in games. Now that we have the rift a lot of games can have that feel to them now, but for those that can't or for games that it's better to have that 3rd perspective view, wouldn...

Voss by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Rift - 280$ Charlotte NC

If this isn't the right place please let me know! I am just trying to sell this unit I bought. I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would ( possibly due to bad eyesight?). Anyways I am in Charlotte NC and am selling it for 280$, its in perfect c...

Possible screen upgrade?

Now it has been said more than enough that the images the current rift produces are quite low res (1280x800, 640x800 per). It is also known information that oculus is pushing for a 1920x1080 (960x1080 per) resolution for the consumer version.Now the ...

zhyiou by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

A ruthless way to fit your IPD

Don't panic, I'm not talking about eye surgery.TL;DR: Pictures say it all.http://viaxl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG_3710.pnghttp://viaxl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG_3715.pnghttp://viaxl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG_3...

Viaxl by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrade kit HD for dev kit ver 1

Hi,would it be possible to make upgrade kits to upgrade dev kit v1 to hd when it comes out(purchase option).Thank you 8-)

zohan by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Better IRL Stereo Vision After Using Rift?

Hi all!I've long known that I haven't had the most acute sense of depth. I could guesstimate distance based on parallax pretty well, but when my head was still, I had a hard time discerning relative depth of static objects.Today, my Rift arrived. Aft...

New Spectre video!

Hey guys, just wanted to share this video PewDiePie just made of my game, Spectre! (previously Spectre Seekers)Development is going well on the game. We're also building ourselves up to launch a kickstarter campaign and release a demo publicly. Just ...

Is there a way to force 4K resolution just for screencaps?

Hey guys. I have BF4 and would like to be able to force 4k rendering just to take screenshots and dream about what gaming will look like in a year or two, but I dint have a 4k monitor. I have a 7970 video card, bit in know that even with that, it wil...

Purchasing an Oculus

Hello all.This is my first post and would like to just get some opinions from Oculus owners. Basically, I am sold on the development kit and have a full understanding of what it is. I would just like to hear your opinion on how it changed your gaming...

StCecil by Level 2
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inaccurate Rift-Related Press

This isn't the only story I've seen announcing a separate Oculus product with Android support... Is it just me, or is this based on a complete misunderstanding of statements made by Oculus? http://www.gizmag.com/oculus-rift-for-android/29592/

Battlefield 4

Well, I looked in the console only to find some cvars for stereoscopy (but the 3D only renders one eye). I couldn't find anything for VR or Oculus. Though in ... MyDocuments/Battlefield 4/Settings/PROFSAVE_profile, I did see this:GstInput.Headtrackin...

Questions for Oculus Rift for a school assignment.

Hello everyone, my name is Tyler and I am working on a college assignment on an entertainment subject of personal choice. I decided to base mine on virtual reality. Now I'm on here to ask what your guys/gals opinion on virtual reality in a very prett...

NTHUSIM HMD Software

Hi,I've been reading conflicting information about this. It seems people already have the software, but the order page says, 'pre-order'. Is this available for download yet? If I preorder it off of their website, will I get a download link?Also, Does...

Cleaning the Lenses...

Is it safe to clean these lenses with water or some kind of chemical solution. For the longest time, my right eye cup has a few specs on them and everytime I'm using the Rift, I see these dust spots, I tried using the cloth, blowing air over it, but ...

OnyXVR by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VR MAME Arcade?

Hi All,We already have the VR Cinema, i'd love to see a VR Arcade. It could be smokey and loud, but it would be great if it could be intergrated with MAME so it would appear the old Retro arcade games are being played on copies of the original Arcade...

ZaineUK by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors