General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Rift + Rower?

I want to preface this post by saying I don't have a dev kit :cry: , nor am I a developer. However, I am a VR enthusiast that has been following the Rift closely and am eagerly anticipating the consumer release. That being said, I wanted to throw thi...

Minimum Age for the Rift

What do you think, people?I've heard a lot of things about how children shouldn't be using the Rift. I wonder what age that refers to. If I remember correctly, I saw a thing about the minimum age being 10, but I'm probably wrong.There are obvious rea...

So when are we getting Real-life quality Oculus Rifts?

Ok, so I was in real life yesterday, and I was looking around life and noticed that it is incredibly high resolution. I would notice that there is an immense amount of detail in any given image (ie I held my head straight without turning, and just fo...

Herolord by Level 4
  • 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Devs and serious enthusiasts in Los Angeles

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section - I wasn't sure where to put this.For any Developers in the Los Angeles area, if you haven't already found and joined our meetup group please go ahead do so! We're going to be rolling out some even...

Lifeless - Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game

I happened to take part in a Q&A for a game called Lifeless that is doing an IndieGoGo drive for funding. During the Q&A, I asked if there'd be Oculus Rift support, and the developers stated that it was already present in the game. They also made sur...

Vin by Level 3
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with Vireio Perception!

PLEASE NOTE: MY RIFT HASN'T ARRIVED YET, THIS COULD BE THE CAUSE.I downloaded the latest version of Vireio Perception, just to see what it could be like, even though I had pretty low expectations, and ran it as administrator, as is suggested. I then ...

Consumer version request

I would like to request a feature for the consumer version.Can we have the cable between the rift / box be plug-able? And then sell extension cables? And maybe sell a slip ring (there's another name for it) box that you could mount above (lets say yo...

lilwolf by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Will my rig run it?

I ordered a pc with a 4ghz 8-core fx-8350 processor, 20 gbs of ram, and a 6gb Radeon 7970 video card. It will arrive tomorrow. Will I be able to run Tuscany Demo? Thanks

Herolord by Level 4
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

TrackMania Oculus Racing

Hey guys,Wonderinng if any of you out there have played trackmania nations before? It's a kickass online multiplayer game with tons of user made maps. I remember there were 3d setting within it so I think it might be able to cross over to a VR racing...

njkl44 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

a youtuber with 10.9m subscribers plays with the rift!

pewdiepie plays the ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! game on the rift and he is blown awayhis vid gets tons of vieuws and likes because of his 10m+ subscribers and he put a link to the oculus vr sitethis is what i call free advertising the rift https://www.yo...

Kirito by Level 2
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Out Of Body Experience

http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/articles/Near%20sleep%20experiences.html"Out of the body experiences (OOBEs or OBEs) are often seen as paranormal (such as astral projection). However, recent advances in neuroscience are providing an alternative explan...

Did everyone catch the news about Vendeta Online & OC Rift?

Seems we got a retail game supporting rift, and what is more interesting, they are also supporting the HD rift.. hum... wonder if this means the HD dev kit might be in the horizon. I know that the official word is that there wont be an HD kit.. just ...

Is it me or rifting with headphones is kind of scary.

Does anyone else feel a little scared while rifting with headphones on for long periods?When I play with my rift with my headphones on, my brain starts teasing me a lot, like "Someone might come inside my house and steal my stuff and maybe is watchin...

howyeman by Level 2
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use in a Business and Maintenance

Whether used in an arcade or shared amongst employees in a business, how do you prevent the spread of lice, germs and grime on a device like this?

I have a dream!

If you could have any experience your heart desired in VR what would it be?Examples: Mountain Climbing, Deep Sea Diving, Space exploration, Fishing, Meeting with "The One That Got Away"

Madaras by Level 5
  • 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

'jiggle' issue

In life or watching a 2D screen, if we move it has no effect on the world around us, but with oculus rift if the player moves the world 'jiggles', because that virtual world is attached to the head. This video explains it very well with iracing simul...

Nightmare House for the Rift?

Has anybody tried the horror game Nightmare House with the rift? It's a mod for Half Life 2 that is ridiculously scary. I see people wanting to play a good horror games like amnesia with the rift, and I feel this could be one of them since it uses th...

Sea Legs - Experience Ratings

I have been playing with the rift for a few days now. I'll spare everyone a review.Some experiences have more physiological side effects than others (nothing new here). Sometimes the effects involve some unsettling of the stomach, others a kind of di...

OC may be able to do AR as well as VR

Take a look at this sample (possible consumer form).Note the cameras. I am wondering a few things. 1) Are the cameras just a bypass so that you can turn off the incoming graphics and see around you for a moment. (Direct feed to the panel.) 2) Can the...

Calanar by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Game idea for Oculus Rift :D

I was thinking about how VR tries to simulate real life, so i had an idea for an oculus rift themed game where the character you control is actually wearing the rift as you run around the game ( this would make mirrors awesome :D)So what do you guys ...

icap26 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

oculus for regular video cameras

I am thinking of connecting oculus goggles to several video feeds from multiple cameras (360 degree field of view). Would it be possible to get good video (shot in real environment) . My question is more about how good real stuff from a regular camer...

Is Anyone?

Is anyone just taking this and hooking it up to a Xbox 360? I know that there is no content to support moving your head around for anything 360 game. However, since this takes an HDMI cord. Has anyone just plugged their 360 into it and say put on For...

dubgod by Level 2
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could Bendable LCD panels improve FOV?

using say an 11 inch Bendable LCD-OLED panel, with partial warping magnified lenses increase FOV of current Oculus Rift?Looking for some constructive input on this subject!Thanks

TV tuner card based PC as a 'VR box' for OR?

After watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDjhf7Nomb4, it seems its possible to simply add a TV tuner card to a PC, turn it into a sort of 'VR box' for OR, and then connect the main PC, console etc. to it and play/watch any form of me...

AU Shipping?

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone has a accurate date for shipping, i ordered it on June 15th

sinzz1 by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shipping Questions

Hi! I'm in New York and my order is about to ship. Do I have to sign for this package? I can't recall the last time I signed for a package because it was so long ago. Do I also have to pay a tax when UPS comes to my door? If so, how much? Any help wo...

Let's just say that PS4 supports Oculus Rift....

So, if it does, is there any way that they could make a deal that would make it a PS4 exclusive, meaning that it is shut out from the ouya, or XBOX 1, or even PC?I'm not trying to draw too much from a "big smile" but some of the blogs are, so I thoug...

mscanfp by Level 2
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

7 Days To Die

7 Days to Die” is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, RPG and Tower Defense style games. “7 Days to Die” looks to carve out its own space giving gamers what they really want with a unique combi...

meanfig by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the field of view of the recent developer kit??

Hi all,I am very new to the Oculus Rift, so maybe that's why I couldn't find a definite answer on what's the FOV for the current July 2013 SDK.Can anyone tell me what the vertical FOV is? Did it change from the older SDK?Regarding the horizontal FOV,...