General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Waiting eagerly

Hey all,I'm just a casual gamer. I wanted to thank those of you who are going beyond FPSs and RPGs and creating learning experiences and tourist experiences and just plain beauty.An I wanted to say thanks to all the actual developers out there doing ...

bobdole by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why?

At the risk of annoying some people or contributing more to an already cacophonous outcry, I have a genuine question. Here is what I would like to know:Why, with the unplanned hold up in customs in the US, would you not create a thread, one that is a...

Developing for Rift

I only know basic coding skills. I'm going through a tutorial now with C++ and I'm learning a lot. My questions is, how long will it take me to actually start developing a basic program for the Rift? I just pre-ordered my Rift last night, so I have t...

lshall24 by Level 2
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buy oculus rift for demostation

Hi guys, i want to put some demostation in my stores with the Oculus Rift, can i buy it? Because in this page https://www.oculus.com/pre-order/ it seems to be that i can but only the kits without visor. I would want something like this announcment ht...

New Oculus Rift pre ordering

I've looked and don't see this post already on the forums (but if it is may an admin re-direct me to the original) but does anyone know when we will be able to pre-order the oculus rift shown at e3? I would rather not pre order 720p and be upset and ...

Only have VGA port?

Will a vga to dvi/hdmi work to use the oculus rift? please only people that have actually tested or heard of someone testing answer...thanksI also have a 1394 port whatever that is..

jd123 by Level 2
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Holography Redundant

Was reading this story:http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/06/new-tech-may-let-current-graphics-cards-drive-a-500-holographic-display/I'm wondering if there's any reason why holographic displays wouldn't be made more or less redundant given that thes...

Eyecups (should) have ridges.

I'd like to suggest that the eyecups be given some kind of grip so they are easier to turn and give better feedback for when they are properly inserted (your hands will slip on the ridges when the cup stops moving).(I would also love to know if Oculu...

jwilkins by Level 2
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Palmers response to DK Upgrade Kit

According to Palmer he thinks an upgrade to current developer kit would be a technical nightmare that could cost more to execute then a new Rift would. Even though I have a high level NASA certified soldering status and experience working with ESD de...

360FOV by Level 2
  • 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pop up books and the Rift.

Lets say you are abroad for example a soldier on foreign duty, one thing that I think would be really amazing.Pop up books where one person controls the pages being turned and can actually read the story over a mic on a computer or whatever, and your...

Does VR need an unified configuration source and tool

I just received my Oculus Rift yesterday, and been having a blast of playing around with it out at first on various environments to see what seems to work already and what doesn't seem to work before trying out my own attempts at them, perhaps creati...

Menithal by Level 2
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Future - Virtual Worlds & Education

Virtual reality and the possibilities that it creates I find both incredibly exciting and somewhat terrifying at the same time. I definitely believe that this technology has the potential to change the framework of our society. While the current inte...

Medium by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

best program to try first?

what would you guys say is the best program to test first graphics wise and thats just the coolest? a list would be great my rift is coming soon?

jd123 by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

only for people with a rift that has it over a month

you are only allowed to answer if you have the rift for a month or more is oculus the future, or everyone will forget about it soon and everything will stay the same? now i am asking for you to be completely honest with me. crush my dreams if its nee...

Battler by Level 2
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

HD Dev Kits?

Are the dev kits shipping in August going to be the HD verisons?Lucas

lshall24 by Level 2
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus secure $16 million in VC funding

This can only mean good things. Congratulations, Oculus!http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/17/oculus-rift-16-million/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=EngadgetFor fun, how would you spend $16 million real dollars making your virtual ...

MAC users...oculus games that work on mac?

Anyone know of good programs that work on a mac? Mac is my primary computer and I do not want to dual boot or run them through crossover or anything?I cant even seem to find tuscany which i thought was one of the main programs for the oculus in a Mac...

jd123 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Call of Duty Rift support?

The guys in this video:at 4:10 talk briefly about an image they saw on the internet which said "Call of Duty: Retribution" and listed Activision, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Oculus Rift. Call of Duty: Retribution is not a thing as far as my googling...

Pokey by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using rift as just a tv/monitor?

Is it possible to just use the rift as a screen to look at your computer screen or even Xbox? Wouldn't even have to be 3d or head tracking just to have a huge computer or tv screen enclosed would be cool.. Im pretty sure this isn't possible my questi...

jd123 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edge Coverage of Oculus

http://www.edge-online.com/features/oculus-rifts-bold-bid-to-bring-back-virtual-reality-and-change-videogames-forever/On a side note - the writer mentions that the Sega and Atari consumer system suffered issues with sim-sickness - can anyone confirm ...

Switching from NA to Europe

I ordered my Rift in January and I'm currently located in Canada.I'm worried that I'll get switched to processing, but my Rift will end up stuck in customs for a couple months.I have family in the UK, so I'm contemplating sending it to them in order ...

kurry by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus with button-activated camera

Hello,I think that Oculus should have built-in camera activated with button. During playing/watching user should have possibility to see what is happening around him without taking Oculus off. It's easy to make, quite cheap and usefull function. I do...

Can the Oculus box handle 6 volts?

I was wondering if I can put a 6-volt supply directly on the box? Is there a regulator in there, or can the circuits handle it as-is? If not I'll put a regulator on my supply.

DaveA by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Rift - UK Events?

As an avid follower of the Rift, the anticipation is killing me! Im not a developer so going to hold off buying the dev-kit but I'm absolutely dying to test/experience the Rift for myself. Does anyone know of any UK based events will be showing the R...

About those $16.000.000...

http://www.oculusvr.com/press/oculus-vr-closes-16m-series-a-to-bring-consumer-virtual-reality-platform-to-market/

Frito by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Congratulations on the Progress Oculus

On behalf of everyone here great progress guys. Thank you.Its been a long wait for most of us that backed Post Kickstarter and given all that you have accomplished, it probably seems a great deal longer for you guys.Credits due where credit is due, a...