Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Hawken Horizontal drift fix?! - UDK Question

Hello, i found to make Hawken playable (kind of) but right now, a little problem, after a couple of respawn the vision drift so about 3-4 respawn when i look forward its facing on the side in game.It's using unreal engine (UDK) so i am wondering... I...

Bobert by Honored Guest
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus and SpaceX

Elon Musk from Spacex talks about current experiements spacex are doing for design and manufacture.The HD oculus is being utilized.

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

6.2 lbs package?

has anyone who recieved their oculus with the weight being 6.2 lbs (about 2.8 kg)?i am hoping that this will be it, but i have read in the forum that it is supposed to be around 4kg!btw this is from ups tracking

Science Fair Project Idea

For an inquiry science project, would this work?"How does virtual reality affect perception of reality?"Basically I would put volunteers on an elevated area on their stomachs with a fan blowing on them while they play skyDIEving with the Oculus Rift,...

Getting Full 2D plane of operating system in the Oculus

Hi all,A frustration I have is that I must either use mirrored mode and view on my laptop or try and view Windows from within the Oculus which only allows for about 25% viewing in the centre, meaning I have to remove the device to get anything done.D...

dvdnzl by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

[NEWBIE QUESTION] Resolution to use?

Hi,Ok, I know that Tuscany demo is much better if I use 1920x1200 (my monitor resolution) an let Oculus downscale to its original resolution, so my question is? Does every game benefit from this downscale? if not, another question, is downscaled look...

ALK by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sony's New HMZ-T3

Well.. this was just posted on Engadget..http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/sony-new-hmz-t3-head-mounted-display-wireless-hands-on/#continuedWhen Sony says the Rift is interesting when it comes to connecting to the PS4.. are they really just trying t...

MarkM by Honored Guest
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Rift has ruined games for me

I can't wait! I want to play my favourite games but because I have a good idea how much better they will be with the Rift that I don't want to play them without it :cry: When will this flaming thing ever get released???

fudspong by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paralytic Immersion

If you induce a sense of paralysis to reflect paralysis in-game, would that produce a sense of total immersion? Could this help with hypnosis? Psychotherapy?

Zimtower by Expert Protege
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

ANime or Cartoony Style Games for Oculus Rift Are Amazing!

So far, I was able to try out the toon world, and several japanese demos of Miku and the other vocaloid.I don't know why, but it seems the bright colors and very crisp 3d models make it very easy to focus and immerse oneself into the rift. I played h...

langknow by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conversation with Cybereality - Rev VR Podcast

I know that I already have a thread for my podcast, but I felt like this was a unique episode and I wanted to give it special attention.Andres, otherwise known as cybereality, and official Community Manager for Oculus VR, has agreed to come onto the ...

VR AR headset that uses your phone

It seems Oculus opened the floodgates on VR headsets with a number of companys (including Sony) announcing there own VR headset. So I'm doing my daily rounds on Kickstarter to see whats new and come across this (see link bellow) I'm blessed with know...

OVR has been quite...

I smell something big coming in the next blog. Keep spare underwear close by. :shock: Let the speculation begin! eh, its friday....me so excited.

More info on sonys headset - DAMN THATS EXPENSIVE!!!

Cnet has an article on sonny's headset. Sure its wireless, sure it lasts for hours, has nice screens and has sounds... but damn, for $2000 I can get a rift, Hydra/Stem, an Omni an even pay a hobo to shake me if I want force feedback  here is the lin...

Mounting a Leap Motion under a Rift...

...would that work? Mount a Leap Motion Controller on the underside of a Rift to replace a hydra? I know the LMC would move with the head but maybe two could be used at 45 degree on each underside corner to create a wide sensor field, so even if you ...

Few suggestions to make the forum better

The forums here are very nice, but there are a couple of problems in my opinion. The general discussion area gets a bit cluttered. Here are 2 changes that might help.1. A FAQ thread that is stickied.There are a lot of threads where people ask the sam...

mdk by Honored Guest
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

I think the 3D in the rift is the best ive ever seen.

I just wanted to say and provide a bit of a discussion on the 3d in the Rift. which i just think is fantastic. ive tried some 3d tvs and used red+ blue glasses on my PC and seen some 3d movies and while those are neat.....nothing really comes close t...

Kiosks to demo and sell Rift to general public?

I have been thinking about ways of demoing the Rift and related VR products to the public. This brought up the idea of setting up a kiosk at malls and elsewhere to 1) sell time playing games in VR setup and/or 2) demoing and selling the Rift and rela...

dmr83457 by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

U55 - END OF THE LINE

I am a big H.P. Lovecraft fan and of course an Oculus Rift fan, so I am thinking of funding this. Help them achieve their stretch goal for Oculus Rift support.http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/u55/u55-end-of-the-line

anarkavre by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Control Box Turns On, Then Off

I recently put my Oculus away for a bit while I was reorganizing, now I'm trying to hook it up again.But I'm having hardware problems I've never seen before. It's really freaking me out!No matter what I do, it seems like I can't get an image to show ...

Can't update shipping address?

Hey all order #66### ordered Aug 14 with a FPO (military address) I am trying to change my mailing address to my physical one here in Japan, but it's not letting me. Anyone know why?

kyozl by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

We need a developer to make this...

Interesting, it's like a virtual virtual exoskeleton.  That makes me think of Reel Steel, which is something I'm personally waiting for someone to make. 

drash by Heroic Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rev VR Podcast - Episodes [UPDATED]

How about a podcast?Rev VR Podcast - Episode 1I invite my colleague, Drax, to discuss the Oculus Rift with me. Drax is an avid gamer and just recently ordered his own rift. We talk about old school games, console compatability, Minecraft, gamer kids,...

Full VR experience

So...http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yeitechnology/priovr-get-your-ideas-movingDiscuss.Starting conversation point suggestion: Where/how could one use this, safely, without running into a wall? General practicality.

Furinex by Honored Guest
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Chat!

Wouldn't it be great if the mighty web devs at Oculus would add chat to this site??btw.. ordered my rift -- can't wait for it to arrive... 70xxx

MarkM by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Number of Units shipped this week?

there is no word yet officially but im curious to hear how many Units of the Dev Kit shipped this week and how many do they plan for next week? Some official update would be great soon so that we can all keep track of progress and better estimate whe...

Top Solution Authors
Labels