General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Moving in July

So quick question... I ordered the Oculus Rift at the end of March, so it may be a while before the thing is packaged and shipped. I'll be moving to a new residence sometime in July. If my order isn't packaged by then would I be able to update my shi...

Jjiinx by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux platform support ETA

Can you give a rough estimate of the Linux support release date? Is it likely to be more than a few weeks?

robagar by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kickstarter & Steam

Okay, just going to cut to the chase, we need more games to be supported for the Oculus Rift soon. Everyone is on their toes waiting to test things out but we hardly have anything at the moment, I know it is just being released but the hype is gettin...

coefficients of distortion function...

I may be overlooking something, but can someone share recommended values of constants k0, k1, k2 and k3 in optical distortion function that warps the linear image into pincushion distorted prior sending to the helmet? The function is no rocket scienc...

stepanK by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Valve GDC Talks Whereabouts

Hello Everyone,I'm curious to know if any of you attended either of the talks Valve gave at GDC this year. Both talks seem like a good place to get some relevant information on the basic issues we'll be facing. Are there any info/links/cliff notes ou...

Aizee by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the effective resolution like on the Rift

Looking forward to my development kit but I will likely get mine much later than others being a late backerHaving a bit of experience with stereo imagery I am already aware that the combined image creates effective resolution higher than you would ex...

Yam by Level 2
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Waiting for my Rift

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for my rift. Is there some kind of order tracking that I missed out on? I'm from NJ, USA. Really want to get this for next week.

ernestg by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

The TF2 IPD calibration

I just came back from trying the Team Fortress 2 Oculus mode  The biggest thing I came away with is how much a difference the IPD calibration made. After setting it the sense of scale and depth just completely changed!I got all excited and wrote dow...

SiggiG by Level 4
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions about custom UDK

About the new UDK that's coming out in April...I'm in no way shape or form a programmer, but I do know how to create levels in UDK. Will I still need to add a bit of code and have full licensing- this isn't really a problem, but It would be nice to k...