General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 27 replies
  • 12 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Could SLI allow extremely high resolution dual screens?

Just out of curiosity, wondering if Oculus plans to realease a dual-screen oculus in the future (two independent screens at full resolution per each eye), and if so... could there be any possibility of making each screen rendered by a single GPU? One...

"RR" ("real reality")

I have discovered two very exciting demos for different applications of the oculus rift, which use real stereoscopic images instead of rendered images. I call it "RR" because it's a way of immersing into a real but distant place and/or bygone moment....

hobel by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Zealand Shipping Costs

Hello,I'm new here (obviously) and have read some horror stories about people being stung by hidden brokerage fees etc when having their rift delivered to them.I'm calling on any Australians / New Zealander's that have purchased, please share your ex...

michealv by Level 3
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

[HELP] Custom clearance in Korea

First of all, I receive a message about a parcel is detained in custom, waiting for clearance.I am NOT SURE whether it is from Oculus or not, but since I didnt order anything international recently, I guess it is.EA176348102HK (It is from Hongkong he...

tcboy88 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Diffuser recommendations?

I'm in the market for a diffuser screen to reduce the screen door effect of the Oculus panel, can anyone recommend a particular screen? Here's essentially what I'm talking about, but I don't really know how to evaluate specs for quality: http://www.k...

Thank you Palmer and the Oculus Team!

I just had my first Oculus Rift experience and WOW am I impressed! First up was the Razer Hydra Tuscany demo and despite watching EVERY Rift video and review that I could find, I was still totally blown away with the experience. Like many have said, ...

Motion tracking headphones

I found this on kickstarter a motion tracking device for headphoneshttp://www.rondomotion.com/Currently only for iOS but says it will be available for gaming ect. Would this effect help with sound immersion for the rift?

Center.

The Oculus Rift doesn't record any positional tracking only the axis tracking. So how does the Oculus know where my center is? Meaning how does it know when I'm facing forward?Is "forward" always in the direction that I look?What if I wanted to look ...

Watching Threads

I figured General Discussion was the best place to ask this. Is there a way to "watch" threads on this forum?

My great idea for a new game...please steal it

There are many incredible ideas floating through this forum. I'm sure many of you, like myself, have seen a great idea pop up that you had already thought of. I think it's because we're all on the same page and realize the potential of this device. A...

Rift kit was sold to forum member

Thank you guys for the overwhelming responses ....Kit was sold to fellow forum member on first come first serve basis....Have fun John There was some enquiry to why i sold the rift away...* Nothing wrong with the Rift...The VR experience was top not...

Non-First person Games

Everyone is only talking about first person games, but I think it would be fun to play all kinds of games with the Rift. I'd anyone working on a way to give NES and SNES emulators 3D support? It shouldnt be that difficult since its basic layers. You ...

Herolord by Level 4
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

How close.

How close does it get to your eyes?I understand that this must be different depending on how you are setup.I'm definitely planning on wearing my contacts with my rift. I think that it would have to be closer to my eyes then my glasses are currently, ...

EVE dog fight game! check it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9UrdHNuZ2g http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds-bJz-6CFY please CCP Games let us play it!

enzo by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FPS Increase or Decrease?

So my question is whether our fps would be improved if games are set to the recommended 1280x800 (I believe that's the correct resolution for the current rift?) or would it be more tasking on our systems since the rift is cloning the monitor? If so t...

Games that would work well with the Rift + motion controler

The idea of this thread is to highlight games that you believe would work really well with a rift and motion controller.My picks:ReceiverThe lack of UI and interesting gun mechanics would make this game Ideal for VR. It was made in unity and a Rift c...

mdk by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What magnifying glass do I need to use iPad screen for 3D?

I'm trying to make a bootleg 3D setup using my iPad and 2 magnifying glasses to hold me up until my Rift shows up in June. I'm thinking I can just send the splitscreen video from my comouter to my iPad with some low-lag streaming app, using the rift ...

Real Oculus Delivery expectations - please assist

Hello:I jsut want help in setting my delivery expectations in a reasonabl manner. My order number is about 51000. S I know I am pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. The order page has an expected delivery estimate of June.. which is nto to bad. Y...

Wow.. the Dev Kits are already on eBay. For 1000 euros

I have just looked through eBay and stumbled over this http://www.ebay.de/itm/Oculus-Rift-/200918042902?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2ec7a60916It sucks having to wait for the DevKits to ship and it sucks even more see...

Oclus Rift Movie test

Hi AllI do not have an Oculus Rift but have made a 3D movie that might play on it. Can some one try it out? And leave a youtube comment about how it is or isn't working?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhqejC0KoeQcheers...phil

Jamie Hyneman of Mythbusters Tries the Rift

I know you're probably all sick of impressions videos, but I enjoyed this one. I was expecting Jamie to find SOMETHING to complain about, but he seems just as impressed as everyone else I've seen use the Rift. I was also happy to see that he knew his...

Livestreaming into OR

Hi,I would like to know if it will be possible to somehow get a (3d) livestream, and directly project it into the OR.I've seen that GoPro offers something like a 3d kit, and livestream, but with a several seconds latency.What I'd like to do is someth...

malicor by Level 2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Motion Sickness from light leaks

I just solved almost all my motion sickness when using the Rift!All the time I was able to see parts of my room/desk along the sides of my nose. I now blocked that off with some foam cut to fit around my nose and onto the rift in a way I can still br...

Force Feedback frustration

I dusted off my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick and Logitech MOMO Force Racing Wheel and set about finding drivers.Seems the Sidewinder FF2 works fine under Windows and MAY work to some extent under Linux, but Mac OS X is a no go (thou...

mihalski by Level 2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors