Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

The Final Barrier

WHEN I was a kid, I lived and breathed video games. Not just the games, I had a love affair for the hardware these games run on, as constrained by technology as they were. As a Generation X'er, I grew up just as the fledgling Consumer Computer indust...

Eidolon by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

question about screen's resolution(badly tried to solve it)

Dear Rifters!Many of you have already solved this problem I hope. My question would be how to enable my main screen to keep its 2560*1440 res and have the ORDK running on its native res and still open the appz on the OR? In other words how to force f...

laza by Honored Guest
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Power Of The Oculus Rift

Ok, I have tried a million demos with the Rift and loved every one of them. Until a few minutes ago I have never took the time to watch You Tube videos in it. I was browsing the You Tube search results and this was the first video I found. - http://w...

360FOV by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software distribution

I saw some old posts that Oculus did not have plans to set up an app store for OR, has there been any movement on this? I am thinking about starting a company to produce nature tourism videos for OR, do we know anything about how we will be able to d...

vande361 by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orders 6 months or older still on 'READY'

Just wanted to make myself feel better about my (everlasting) READY Status.I'd feel better knowing I'm not the only person feeling miserable (Oh the Irony)  I'm coming in on 6 months now and I was just curious how many others there are out there wit...

ReT by Honored Guest
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could there be a 1.1 Dev kit (Minor Revision) in the works?

Was thinking.. Everyone is talking about a Dev kit 2.0 (or retail version) with a 1080 screen... But isn't it possible that O.R. could already have sourced a new panel, at the same resolution to the old one, but with a higher pixel density (and there...

jweaver by Heroic Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

The P5 Glove

Hello,Yes, I have a P5 Glove. But so far I have not done anything with it other than pull it out of storage and sit it next to my laptop. I switched my attention to the Hydra instead.I think there are some different libraries available for the P5, in...

an(other) honest Rift review

Hi guys, after much anticipation I finally got my Rift on Monday and I feel like I'd like to answer some of the questions I wanted answers to before I got mine. This is my effort to do that for the rest of you who are still waiting.TLDR: Rift is awes...

Quake 1 on the Oculus Rift [download inside]

One of the games I grew up with, and that got me into gaming and game development was the original Quake 1 game, it got me through some very tough times when growing up. I used to play it online a lot and create maps and textures, eventually I moved ...

Chaoss by Expert Protege
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

San Francisco VR Meetup (July 16)

Hey there,Just wanted to announce that the first San Francisco VR meetup will happen next Tuesday at 7 if you're in the Bay Area. Neil Schneider from MTBS3D will be the guest speaker, and we'll have telepresentations from Virtuix and VRcade. Also, zS...

mattsonic by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

oculus startpage languages

it has english and korean but why not other main languages like chinees, italitan , german, arabic then it would be easyier for those people who dont understand english 

Kirito by Honored Guest
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Wal-Mart Game

Since the original was terribly derailed this thread is now about "The Wal-Mart Game" where you can dress up like trailer park trash or better and go to Wal-Mart!

Madaras by Expert Protege
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyway not to have 2 visions on desktop?

So with all the screen shots and everything shows what the player is seeing... 2 camera views left and right eye. Is there anyway or a button or setting to make it 1 full screen? I stream games and its weird for people to see the 2 eyes like that. Ju...

Broddr by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Labs for Education Institutions in the Future?

Hello guys! So I was wondering what you think about the possibility of Universities having Rifts for use for their students?This came to mind because I'm about to start a Rift project, not a game, but something similar to Titans of Space that focuses...

Most Nausea Inducing Game/Demo Ever-I'll Vote First

First off, I rarely ever get motion sickness in real life or in the Rift. That is until I recently downloaded and tried my vote for the most stomach turning demo I have ever tried. Drum roll.......Birds https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1579676/bir...

360FOV by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OR for farsighted people?

Iam just wondering if there will be cups for farsighted people? Because i need glasses when sitting in front of a computer monitor.And sorry for my english, its not my native language.Greetings Devalinor

Devalinor by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HL2 on steam for 75% off

Title says it all, next two days.http://store.steampowered.com/app/220/?jul13Thanks to AngryBadger on r/oculus for the heads up.

need help setting up Oculus rift

So, :3, Am i missing something? because the link that is given only gives out a folder thats all. what do I do with the folder because Ii dont see a installer. Ii spent a good 2 hours or so googling and messing around with it trying to figure out to ...

Urska by Honored Guest
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wait for it.....

Hello everyone. I was wondering how many people would commit now to a 1080p rift if it were available at or around Christmas time. Not the consumer version, an in-between. Let's "guesstimate" $399 U.S.Much faster switching, very little to no ghosting...

virtuoso by Honored Guest
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

first impressions - thoughts and questions (tf2, hl2)

I ordered mine late October and received it yesterday (Norway). Here's some of my first impressions:pro:- Actually does give the impression of being inside the environment.- This causes some interesting changes to how I play; the intimacy between you...

MrZurkon by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

First day with the rift blog post.

Hey guys,I got my rift yesterday, and had a lot of fun with it. I ended up playing halflife 2 for around 4 hours, and did more on top of that, so if anyone wants to read it, here is the link:http://rpgamedev.blogspot.com/2013/07/oculus-rift-has-lande...

An old fart needs help!

Hi! I just got my rift, and I bought it just to play with, and I no nothing about development. At my age I might croak before the consumer version comes out! Could someone please tell me how to set the resolution higher? When I set my 2cnd monitor to...

virtuoso by Honored Guest
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

A virtual photo gallery

Hello Everyone.As a game and a photographer I'm very excited about Oculus Rift, as a gamer I can't wait to buy an OR when its released but as a photographer I also see lots of potential. A virtual photo gallery is foremost in my mind. I assume that I...

UPS Voided Tracking Number

Hey guys whats up, I'm sure theres probably a better place to ask this but I wasnt entirely sure. Aynway, recently I got an email that said my Oculus VR had been shipped. The next day I checked to see the progress on it and it said the tracking numbe...

rhyhart by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best rift moment

Underwater demo is WAY underrated!!!This demo ROX!When it starts decent deeper and slowly look around.,...after you become fish food try this.1. when demo starts turn around 180 degrees and climb your way up to the surface.2. Jump out of the "main ga...

sammaz by Honored Guest
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rift 3D versus other 3D

"June estimate" checking in here. Seeing that I obviously won't get my rift in June, and thus cannot experience it myself, can someone describe the diferrence between the Rift 3D effect and other types? To begin, I will describe the types I've experi...

Herolord by Protege
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should I buy a Dev-Kit?

Hello,I am not a developer myself, but am very interested in the Rift and I am willing to pay the 300$ to purchase one. I have a couple of questions, that as far as I have researched have shown no answers.Is the low resolution so noticeable it takes ...

nickkrd by Honored Guest
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are there demos which give a convincing feeling of height?

Do any of the demos give a good impression of "height"? Better still, are there any open world demos which allow flight? I really hope that Just Cause 2 gets modded/patched as I would LOVE to explore that world in VR 3D.I find height very unsettling ...

jweaver by Heroic Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels