General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Low latency video cards

Hey, folks! We know latency is as critical as frame rate for VR, but I'm having a really hard time finding latency benchmarks for consumer video cards. So...Doesn't anyone have any suggestions for cards or card features that we should keep an eye out...

Older VR content

Is anyone planning to move the old VR content like VRML content to the Rift?I cant imagine that it would be any use beyond a curiosity and with all the strange peripherals I used to see on tech shows probably impractical but it would be great to see ...

Yam by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

stero desktop and/or 3D movie support

Since the rift shows up as a 2nd desktop, but using it in Windows won't really work since it doesn't output stereoscopic it might be interesting if someone could find a method to make this work. In addition to this, has anyone decided to tackle a 3D ...

Post Your Order Number Here If You Have Your Rift Please

I know everyone is trying to find out how things are going, so instead of spamming Oculus to find out how shipping is going how about if you already received your rift and your order number is following the last order number in this discussion then p...

Text in virtual worlds

Just got my dev kit today. I am very excited about the technology and possibilities, but I must confess that it doesn't appear quite ready yet for some of the things I was hoping to use it for.Specifically, I am personally less interested in gaming a...

Tuscany demo for Android

Hi,I was wondering, is it possible to export the Unity Tuscany demo for Android devices (with SBS 3D) and use the on-board IMU for tracking? For us unfortunate devs that haven't received a Rift yet, it would at least allow us to play around some with...

VR, Sickness, 3rd Person Perspectives

I could be wrong, but I believe VR sickness will be a major problem that will force developers to build applications that minimize user movement. While a READY PLAYER ONE vision of VR is tantalizing, I don't see the sickness problem being solved anyt...

Blogged on my dev kit

Arrived yesterday, tried it out last night, blogged this am.http://unseenu.quora.com/Its-an-Oculus-Morning

Ultimate immersion with the Rift!

http://www.ted.com/talks/tan_le_a_heads ... waves.htmlGetting that to work with the Rift and creating a game just for those plus some hydras would probably be the ultimate VR world!

RedWorm by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bigger eye cups?

Anyone else get the feeling you are looking through a pair of binoculars when you put on the rift due being able to see the blackness of the eye cups all the way around? I would think a simple solution would be just bigger eye cup diameter...Just won...

Horizontal vision

Hi Oculus,as there is no "Feature requests" board I gotta have to post it here (please move if it doesn't fit in here).Please implement this "hotfix" to the consumer version for the horizontal vision:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8FSuxA...

xsign by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative to Redirected Walking

An interesting technique to create the illusion of infinite virtual spaces in a finite physical space. http://phys.org/news/2013-04-virtual-reality-team-infinite-environments.html

Some photos of Rift screen in action

Somebody asked for a closeup photo of the Rift screen in another thread. I can't find the exact post anymore, so I will post it in a new thread.The photo below shows reasonably accurate how the pixels look on the Rift screen (left side of the photo i...

marcel by Level 3
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

multiple hydras

It seems like it could be possible to connect multiple hydras for additional tracking. With additional hydra(s) you could track head position, both hands, and possibly even feet. Has anyone tried this yet to see if it works in any of the engines?

Full Oculus Rift Teardown

My friend and I did a full teardown of the rift. We made a video of it, and then put it on youtube. Here is a link to the youtube video.http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... _teardown/

The size of the Rift with 1920!

It seems that if the consumer version is 1080p, it will be pretty darn big.I made a picture ( see link below ) I don't know if that is accurate but im pretty sure it is.So won't having higher resolution make the Rift bigger and probably slightly heav...

RedWorm by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why no headphone jack?

Hi there,I wonder if the next DevKit (or at least the consumer version) will have a headphone jack on the HMD itself? As the device is connected per HDMI anyway, this should not be a real problem, doesn't cost much but will make the setup much easier...

spyro by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

I see pixels

Does anyone also experience this? I tried to tune the devkit, changed A lenses to B and C, but nothing helps. The pixels are huge!

StiX by Level 2
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Word of caution for international users and other...

Hello,First of all, I'm currently living in Mexico. Normally when ordering from US-based stores, I NEVER choose the option to ship internationally because from experience, I have received opened stuff, broken stuff, and paid stupidly high import fees...

Andrewe1 by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

I ordered 2013-04-01. Will I get a TF2 Hat?

I would really appreciate if I could get a hat.It really looks awesome in TF2, I really would want people to know that I own them when playing with Oculus Rift Please if you see this one of the Oculus Team, please tell me if I am getting a hat or no...

RedWorm by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Roller coaster simulator with a big fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZHcHLxtnZYSomething like this with oculus rift and a big fan right in front of you so you think it's the wind. It would probably be awesome 

RedWorm by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

The wait is depressing. T_T

So... pretty much, T_T I am frustrated at the wait. I know it's coming, and I'm not complaining... just putting my frustration out there. I know that they are being shipped, and that I'll get mine eventually... T_T I just want it now.Anything you guy...

Order # scheme

Greetings, does anybody have any knowledge pertaining to the numbering system for Rift orders? I have #49xxx, surely there weren't that many devkits ordered? Thanks.

Oculus store questions

As someone thinking about developing for the Rift not on a demo but commercial level I do have questions regarding the coming Oculus store.- when will the store open?- will it be a platform for developers to sell their Rift compatible titles?- if so ...

Gerald by Level 4
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors