cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best option for the new quest 2

BrianLas24
Level 3
Hi,

We just purchased the quest 2 and still own a rift (cv1)  The idea is to enjoy experiences together such as concerts, movies, comedy and such (think venues, beta, ect.) but also play the occasional game as well.  I have a pretty good library on my oculus account and could enjoy having some games for cross play.  My brother in law also has a quest 2 and I enjoy gaming with him.

So, my question is this:
Is it better to use my account for the new quest 2 or my wife's?  Will we be able to talk to each other in game if we are using the same account?  
Can I load games onto the quest from cross play then use them on her account?  How hard is it to use both accounts on the quest 2?

Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

How hard is it to use both accounts on the quest 2?
At the moment, impossible.
The Quest 2 (and Quest 1 and Go) can only have one account. There's no log in/out option, the only way to change the active account is to factory reset the Quest (wipes the headset) and set it up all over again.
Facebook say that they are going to bring in a new system that lets people (like guests) temporarily log in to a Quest, but they won't tell us when that's coming out.

Will we be able to talk to each other in game if we are using the same account? 

It depends on the game. Some games like Rec Room and Half+Half let the one Oculus/Facebook account log in multiple times (Half+Half doesn't care, Rec Room has its own separate login system so you make multiple accounts on there).
Most multiplayer games don't like it though. The best chance of success is two different accounts. But that means no shared library, everything needs to be bought twice if you want both accounts to be able to play it.

Facebook really need to release this new account thing!
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

BrianLas24
Level 3
That is what I was afraid of.  Makes sense to a point, but sucks nonetheless.