cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did they fix the 3-4 sensor tracking issue?

reefy86
Adventurer
just received my 3rd sensor today. took me 30 mins of hassle trying to get the touch controllers to work with the sensors as i was holding the controller at eye level but wouldn't  work but after 30 mins i realised the 3rd camera also has to see the controller which my head was blocking lol. other then that i have had no tracking issues and i can do a full 360 without any glitches so i am happy 🙂
20 REPLIES 20

Sakkura
Heroic Explorer
Yeah the 1.12 update fixed most of the issues people were running into. It may not be technically perfect, but it's pretty damn good for me and apparently for most people out there as well.

cybereality
Grand Champion

reefy86 said:

i have had no tracking issues and i can do a full 360 without any glitches so i am happy 🙂

I think you have your answer right there.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

reefy86
Adventurer

reefy86 said:

i have had no tracking issues and i can do a full 360 without any glitches so i am happy 🙂

I think you have your answer right there.

i know but it was a 50/50 thing so was wondering if everyone has been fixed

danknugz
Superstar
i got four sensors and replaced all my passive usb extensions with actives, and for the most part, the only time it screws up now is when i purposefully attempt to occlude the touch controllers. i have a couple weak spots in the low corners that could prpbably be helped by adjusting my sensors a bit, because i moved a big dresser from one side of the room (increase of about 20-30 sq ft) but havent adjusted the cameras yet, and of course the spotty areas are where the dresser was.

i think its safe to say at this point that the tracking is relatively stable, but i would still recommend 4 sensors.

also i will still occasionally get the device warning for a sensor or two, but now its fixed by unplugging and plugging back in the usb connection for that sensor, whereas before it only fixed it about35% of the time and was basically a game of chance with multiple reboots (horrible).
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Xicor
Protege
i have 3 cameras, and i've been running into an issue where when i turn my head, the world rotates just a couple degrees. i thought it was because of the third camera, but even disconnecting the third camera, it still does it.

neddycgoon
Protege
3 sensor setup here I just whacked them up a foot down from the ceiling without much of a plan and have never had any tracking issues.Whats all this about the third sensor also needs to see the controller that's hogwash I did my boundary down below my knees and zero issues.

HiThere_
Superstar
He means the 3 sensors need to see when confirming the setup, not when drawing the boundary (even one sensor is enough for drawing the boundary). I had that issue when I setup for 360°, and I needed both my sensors to see to confirm the setup was working (in the final setup step that is done after having already finished drawing the boundary).

In my case (7x7ft VR space), I don't even need the third sensor to achieve 360° tracking really. And if I take one step away from the center of my VR space my Touch controllers are already hugging a wall, so for me room scale doesn't start (and end) until ~10x10ft of VR space, unless you plan to lose your ability to swiftly stretch out your Touch controllers at will.

HiThere_
Superstar

Xicor said:

i have 3 cameras, and i've been running into an issue where when i turn my head, the world rotates just a couple degrees. i thought it was because of the third camera, but even disconnecting the third camera, it still does it.

A sensor might have moved ?

l0cut15
Explorer
3 sensor tracking seems much better now.