cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dk2 game not playing smoothly on oculus pc

in6seconds
Expert Protege
I wanted to test my dk2 on my oculus ready pc using the game "henry vr trailer" and to my surprise, the game was pretty choppy, is there a reason why an oculus ready pc couldn't handle a dk2 game if its made for the cv1, which is superior?
10 REPLIES 10

charlton_3393
Heroic Explorer
Can you give anymore details? Specs? Runtime used? OS?
Specs: - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

Luciferous
Consultant
Got the latest graphic drivers?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
"charlton_3393" wrote:
Can you give anymore details? Specs? Runtime used? OS?
Specs should be fine if it's an Oculus ready PC. But runtime and driver information would be helpful. I've found that the DK2 sometimes gets this choppiness for no apparent reason, but reinstalling the runtime and graphics driver usually fixes it for me.

Karmeck
Explorer
You are all so funny, you really think all games on the store will run smooth. You can surely make it run smooth by making it look like crap.

I bet you days after this thing gets out this forum will be full with people demanding refunds because they can't run every game on the store at 90 fps at ultra settings.

in6seconds
Expert Protege
the thing is that a dk2 game should not be running this bad on a cv1 ready pc

IamCow
Sightseer
i knew this was going to happen... I had a sad feeling these oculus pcs would be under-performers for anything beyond low end graphics

greeneblitz
Expert Protege
1 game? Have you tested others to see if its the game, pc or dk2?

DaveEliasIrwin
Explorer
It's possible that the Henry VR trailer was built using an older sdk that doesn't take advantage of some of the newer enhancements.

cybereality
Grand Champion
All the games and app launched on the Oculus Store should work perfectly fine on Oculus-Ready PCs. There have been many improvements to the software Runtime and SDK that are not public yet, and older DK2 demos have not gone through the extensive testing process we've done for commercial games.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV