cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dying light oculus mode - code needs cracking!

dirtyarticle
Honored Guest
saw this on the reddit page. props to whoever can get it working.

Found something in the config files.
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DyingLight\out\settings
video.scr
!OculusEnabled() // enable support for Oculus
setting it to !OculusEnabled(1) didnt work. I'll see if I get it to work, I'll fiddle around some more.
DK2 -JULY 16TH ORDER - UK
19 REPLIES 19

saviornt
Protege
What is the format for the other options? Without knowing that, it could be:

!OculusEnabled(true)
!OculusEnabled()=1
!OculusEnabled()=true
OculusEnabled(1)
OculusEnabled(true)
OculusEnabled()=1
OculusEnabled()=true

Or they could be using hex variables. Again, without knowing what the other options in the file are formatted as, it's hard to say.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

Stechmuecke
Explorer

richhard1
Protege
Open notepad, locate 'video.scr' from your user settings folder, user/my documents/dying light/
Add 'OculusEnabled()' to the bottom of that list. Save.
Start the game, when in game, go to video options (easier to read in game)
Turn OFF Blur, HBAO and DOF, save.

The text is very hard to read in game, probably best off learning the controls before starting the game for real.

A very pleasant smooth experience, although not full head tracking (it's a bit like iRacing was when that first had rift implemented)
I get 75fps mostly everywhere following the method above, Enjoy!
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

TheAsimovInitia
Honored Guest
This needs to happend! 😄

richhard1
Protege
"TheAsimovInitiative" wrote:
This needs to happend! 😄

It happened bro. Follow the guide!
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

tamonte
Honored Guest
From the feedback on reddit it doesn't look very good:

- no positional tracking only rotational atm.
- Text hard to read
- Too much camera action
- Movement is too fast
- Poor optimization = Low FPS.

Summarizing: Get your bucket ready 😛

Someguitarist
Explorer
I'm glad they offered the option though, but yeah, this doesn't seem like the type of game I'd want to use it in. I'm not even worried about the position tracking, so much as all the constant running/sprinting/climbing. Would be cool to just stand around in the daytime for a bit though, if only my video card could keep up!!

danknugz
Superstar
so what the fuck was all this about then?

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a613990/dying-light-aims-to-offer-oculus-rift-support-upon-its...

complete bullshit just trying to get people to preorder?

something is becoming apparent and it is the elephant in the room. what it is, is that developers love to talk about "VR" and say all these things to get people to buy their game, but after that, they simply dont want to put in the extra effort, because it doesnt really translate to extra sales and isnt going to look good to the suits.

wake me up in 10 years.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

richhard1
Protege
I must be one of the lucky ones, I get 75fps with dying light. there are a few areas where it drops down to around 60, something to do with the fire I think.