cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email ....fake or not

DoubleDuck69
Level 3

Hi all, I have received this email supposedly from Oculus. Can anyone tell me if it is legit or not, many thanks in advance. Here`s the email address and the email.

support@mail.oculus.com

Quest 2 Silicone Cover order #361134xxxxxx744. We are unable to complete your order until your phone number is updated. Review and update your phone number as soon as possible by logging into your account or clicking the “Update Order” button below. Our shipping carriers may use this phone number to contact you if any questions or issues arise during delivery, so please ensure it is correct. Once you add a valid phone number to your order, we can begin processing. We expect it to ship in the next 2 to 4 weeks. You can always check your order status by logging into your Oculus account via Facebook. We will also send you another email with the tracking number as soon as it ships. We are working hard to produce and ship Quest 2 Silicone Covers as quickly as possible and we truly appreciate your patience. If you are unable to update your phone number, or if you have any questions, contact Oculus support. Thank you, The Oculus Team

2 REPLIES 2

dburne
Level 15

Seems to be legit. Apparently Oculus is insisting on having a phone number for the silicone replacements.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General/Don-t-Email-Me-Asking-Me-For-My-Phone-Number-It-s-Just-Creepy...

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I don't know if it was how you wrote this post or not, but looking at that email link the visible part of the link is mail.oculus.com but if you mouse over it the link is mail.oculus.co (which isn't valid).

If in doubt, don't do the "clicking the “Update Order” button below" and instead log in to your oculus account manually and update the phone number there. As long as you are on oculus.com, it will be legitimate.

I've sometimes had couriers use the phone number field that most online orders have, they've called me to say my delivery was near, or sent sms notifications.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2