cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you fix steaming glasses in the rift?

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
my glasses steam up on the left eye lens when i wear my rift, any tips for how to stop this from happening?
8 REPLIES 8

Thmoas
Rising Star
Before wearing Rift, turn on Oculus Home and put something in front of the sensor. This will warm up the hmd and lenses and will reduce fogging.

Airflow between head and lenses, put a ventilator to your face or create some draft going through your playspace.

This is what works for me, I have tried many things and fogging is one of the major culprits why I can't just hop into VR. This is what works, heat up HMD and in some way just force some airflow between lenses and head.

The cause is a combo of temperature difference (how hot your head becomes and how cold the lenses are) and humidity.

If you are hot and sweaty on your head like me you create hot humid air on colder glasses, the only way is to flush the air.

Lujho
Expert Protege
This happens to me in winter. So I make sure my room isn't too cold, and then before playing or when I take a break, I'll put my headset in front of the heater's fan to warm the lenses up. Now OBVIOUSLY do not put them too close or for too long. Just half a minute or so, from a few feet away. You want to WARM it, not make it HOT. 

If you're getting fogging in hot weather, maybe use a dehumidifier or use the "dry" setting on your aircon?

HiThere_
Superstar
I just push it forward a bit to let some air in, and that's enough to clear it.

shadowrydr
Protege
I have a small desk fan on low facing me.
Win10 64bit Intel 6 Core i7 5930 3.5GZ-Water cooled/GA-X99 UD4-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz Nvidia 1080 FE 8GB / 840 GB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
t0cwbmlki3zh.png
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your breath contains enzymes which are a natural cleaner (is why Soldiers spit polish boots). I cast a breath onto each lens and rub off with the microfibre. That's how it's done and stays like that. Same story for scuba/diving masks except they spit onto it. Don't!
i.e this will also indeed prevent fogging and steam.

Afflospark
Explorer
Hey 
As I understand your rift glass does not work properly this is happening due to winter or your glass needs some heat.
The reason is that the cold lenses of your receptor Go meet with the great and comfy air returning off of your head. it's the identical reason that glasses cloud once you walk into an area on a cold Winter's day. the only because of forestalling your receptor Go from fogging up is to place it on your head, but not over your eyes, for around five minutes before you start victimization it for VR. This heats up the lenses and may stop fog from impairing your vision.
Hope this will help you.
Thanks

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just give mine a ‘Wet Willy’ followed by a wipe with a microfiber cloth or good quality tissue paper and/or paper towel.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers