cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if you wear glasses

tanktop4158
Honored Guest
and are really blind without them like me, what do you do

I had to cut the back strap......its a real bad design IMO that doesn't all allow more movement

But cutting the bottom strap seems to have helped, it still stays on with just the top part ad my glasses are inside
13 REPLIES 13

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you talking about Rift or Go? You did try adjusting the Velcro straps first I hope? I have a fairly large head and wear glasses, and I never had to mod the headsets at all (though it can be a tight fit).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tanktop4158
Honored Guest
ya was still too tight and fogged my glasses getting too close to my eyes.....it gave me just the extra little comfort I needed.

Ya I think it wasn't the play, but amount of pressure actually, snipping the bottom allowed less pressure and still stays on my head...….actually don't recommend it unless you have eye sensativities like me

ya I have rift

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I just put the rift on my face and play.  Slips right and on over my glasses without any real pressure or resistance even with my fat face and big head.

kzintzi
Trustee
I have inserts and they work awesome; wearing the rift with glasses sucked coz my head is too large (and I don't like super slim frames).
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

KenSniper
Adventurer
I get the same problem with my rift when i wear glasses, it always fogs up, plus I live in a very humid country. I ended up 3D printing a lens adapter and that fixes all my problems, only problem is when i have non glasses users wanting to try, so I have to take them out everytime.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I don't find that my Rift lenses fog up, just mainly my glasses.  I bought an antifogging agent from Amazon quite a while ago, Quick Spit, and it works pretty well.  Actually, a little natural spit on my glasses lens seems to work pretty well too, lol!  Apply either and gently wipe off with a microfibre cloth.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

tanktop4158
Honored Guest

TomCgcmfc said:

I don't find that my Rift lenses fog up, just mainly my glasses.  I bought an antifogging agent from Amazon quite a while ago, Quick Spit, and it works pretty well.  Actually, a little natural spit on my glasses lens seems to work pretty well too, lol!  Apply either and gently wipe off with a microfibre cloth.

thks ya same prob.....il try it

also the gear was just pressing back on my glasses too hard

HiThere_
Superstar
In the case of the CV1 I cut out the foam to let the glass branches though, and cutting into the plastic would be an option too.

I
would have gladly purchased a wider faceplate,since the CV1 itself is
more then wide enough (without that narrow faceplate on), but there
isn't any "wider" CV1 faceplace for sale.

kzintzi
Trustee
if you really want to go the route of wearing glasses in your rift. there was a company that was making replacement faceplate's for larger glasses.. failing that, check thingiverse and shapeways for them. 
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.