cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im over the price. now im pissed at shipping date! :)

Emvy-
Honored Guest
the price is the price.. its probably worth it even. but the shipping times are a bit out of control and this is just for the first 20 countries.

when the next wave of countries is added we are approaching the end of 2016.

I guess when they finished shipping and start building stock we are already in 2017. was really hoping pre-order + 2-3 weeks delivery time with MASSIVE stock. I mean.. this kinda feels like. get your DK3 way of things.
18 REPLIES 18

kaeres
Honored Guest
"REDxFROG" wrote:

I was expecting a final product at my stores. Not another DK that is shipping until June and even longer. :roll: That company dissapointed me astronomic :x

Same here...
Im very dissappointed...yes maybe Oculus Rift looks like a consumer ready product but its not even a consumer product yet if you cant get it in your local store in my opinion
I would pay that £499(529) for it but that time I have to wait made me quit for now maybe some day #dreams

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's quite obvious that Palmer was being totally accurate when he said "pre-orders" won't sell out...simply because they haven't made any of them yet :lol:

They haven't put any into production because they didn't know how many people would buy at that price imho...

mabsey
Explorer
"Gigantoad" wrote:
Wish we knew actual number of orders. Are we talking 1k per month? 10k? 100k?

I'm getting quite worried now, after reading this from a Oculus supports staff response on Reddit:

"March units for preorders were limited as we've already promised our Kickstarters theirs first. We had to flip to April almost instantly as you could imagine. Yes, there were some hiccups in the very beginning, but we had the site pretty solid quickly, when estimate was still April, and stayed that way for a good bit. There's only 4 days from our initial estimate to April."

What do they mean, limited, there were around 7,000 Kickstarters, so after taking them into account, they had to flick to April Fairly Quickly due to Limited stock :S To me this sounds like they only had around 10,000 units ready for the March the 28th to Ship and then switched it to April, so it looks like the Stock is not ready. With 100,000+ DK2 Users, this is all sounding now like its been rushed to market, probably Because of the HTC Vive, really hoping not, but to only have such a small amount stock available for the March Shipment, doesn't look good. I take back my logistics post.

Mabs

jasonatokc
Honored Guest
I was working a lot and then when I seen the price. I took a half a day to order deciding if I wanted to wait and see reviews from fellow forum peeps . In the end I just paid the $698 Damn it. My projected ship date is June so dont feel so bad.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I keep seeing people say their projected shipping date is june. I think you all are mistakenly taking your confirmation date which was 1/6/16 = m/d/yr and thinking that is your ship date.

Don't forget you bought it in America where we do our dates more like you say them January 6th, 2016.

Next thing you know you will be driving on the left side of the road :roll:
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Jpeg
Honored Guest
My Order number is just under 7000, and i'm still in the march shipping date. Anyone else in march have a latter order number? This tells me there's at least 7k in the march band waggon. I got my confirmation email 7 minutes after pre-order opening.

"mabsey" wrote:
"Gigantoad" wrote:
Wish we knew actual number of orders. Are we talking 1k per month? 10k? 100k?

I'm getting quite worried now, after reading this from a Oculus supports staff response on Reddit:

"March units for preorders were limited as we've already promised our Kickstarters theirs first. We had to flip to April almost instantly as you could imagine. Yes, there were some hiccups in the very beginning, but we had the site pretty solid quickly, when estimate was still April, and stayed that way for a good bit. There's only 4 days from our initial estimate to April."

What do they mean, limited, there were around 7,000 Kickstarters, so after taking them into account, they had to flick to April Fairly Quickly due to Limited stock :S To me this sounds like they only had around 10,000 units ready for the March the 28th to Ship and then switched it to April, so it looks like the Stock is not ready. With 100,000+ DK2 Users, this is all sounding now like its been rushed to market, probably Because of the HTC Vive, really hoping not, but to only have such a small amount stock available for the March Shipment, doesn't look good. I take back my logistics post.

Mabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Meh xD shipping is shipping takes - what it takes. Maybe this is time we can spend out side for a bit

matskatsaba
Adventurer
"ThreeDeeVision" wrote:
I keep seeing people say their projected shipping date is june. I think you all are mistakenly taking your confirmation date which was 1/6/16 = m/d/yr and thinking that is your ship date.

Don't forget you bought it in America where we do our dates more like you say them January 6th, 2016.

That would mean something if the website wouldn't have said "June, 2016" and NOT 6/16 (but in all, it doesn't make a difference since 6/16 is 2016 june as well). And you don't get an estimated day, just month/year. People who ordered few hours after preorders going live, got may for estimate.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
"matskatsaba" wrote:
"ThreeDeeVision" wrote:

That would mean something if the website wouldn't have said "June, 2016" and NOT 6/16 (but in all, it doesn't make a difference since 6/16 is 2016 june as well). And you don't get an estimated day, just month/year. People who ordered few hours after preorders going live, got may for estimate.

Speaking of orders being made now, yes, they are most likely in june due to the high demand. The march ones ran out in the first 20 minutes or so (anyone who had went through this with the dev kits probably saw this coming like I did). I was speaking on the many people saying their email had a june shipping date when they were looking at the 1-6-16 confirmation date thinking it meant they were getting their Rift in June. Many foreigners swap the day and month in their dates. The bit about driving on the left side of the road was just a little ribbing for fun.

I am hoping they can get some of the frauds weeded out and move some people up in the queue.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified