cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mistake made in terms on website, Oculus not honoring $50 promotion they offered.

deblaaz
Explorer

Oculus made a mistake in describing the terms of the $50 game store credit, and will not honor the offer.  I have been going back and forth with support on this, but they keep saying that that was not the offer, and will not allow me to speak to a supervisor.  The intent is irrelevant, what was actually posted is what matters

here was the offer listed at the top of the website (I have documentation):

Let the holiday gift giving begin. Buy any new Quest 2 today and get a $50 Game Credit.*

then down below it says "Shop at oculus.com or find a retailer."

I clicked find a retailer, and purchased there.

when you went down to the asterisk, here is what was stated:

* Credits must be redeemed and spent by 2/27/2022.

Credits will expire on the date expressed in connection with the promotion or at the point of issuance. If no expiration date is provided, Credits will expire twelve (12) months from the date they are posted to your Oculus Store account. Upon expiration, credits will no longer be available and will not be refunded.

Below that, there is this:

**Offer valid October 26 , 2021 (10:00 a.m. PT) – December 26, 2021 (9:59 a.m. PT). Valid with the purchase of any Oculus Quest 2 device and Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery at www.oculus.com only, while supplies last.

These terms obviously belong to another offer, as

(1) the double asterisk denotes pointing to a part of the page marked with a double asterisk, which was not near the $50 offer (after looking later, i could not find any double asterisk on the page).

(2) the terms next to the double asterisk, state valid with purchase of Quest 2 and Elite strap.  The purchase of the strap was not a condition of the $50 game credit.  

These conditions next to the double asterisk, I believe, were part of a longer running promotion that is visible now for $10 off a strap if purchase with the quest 2.

The solution they offered me was to return it to the retailer, and buy from them.  

Corporate ethics are in the toilet... Shame on you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Each retailer had their own '$50 Gift Card' promotion going on.  The Gift Card was tied to the retailer/store you purchased it from.

• Target - you received a $50 Target Gift Card
  • BestBuy - you received a $50 BestBuy Gift Card
  • Oculus - you received $50 in Oculus Store credit
  • Amazon - you received a $50 Amazon Digital credit.

In your case, you purchased from Amazon, so that's where your credit will end up.  Regardless of whatever type-o you found, I wouldn't expect to receive ANOTHER $50 credit from Oculus.

Claim your $50 credit from Amazon and be happy

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

kojack
MVP
MVP

Which retailer did you buy from?

People on Reddit are saying they've received the $50 when buying from Amazon, but you have to claim the coupon before purchase (but you can talk Amazon into applying it) or that UK stores are delaying the $50 by 30 days (probably to stop people buying, using the credit, then returning).

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/r5p2sn/redeem_oculus_code_from_amazon/

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

I purchased from amazon... but i am referring to the offer that oculus had on their website:  Buy any new Quest 2 today and get a $50 Game Credit.*

Each retailer had their own '$50 Gift Card' promotion going on.  The Gift Card was tied to the retailer/store you purchased it from.

• Target - you received a $50 Target Gift Card
  • BestBuy - you received a $50 BestBuy Gift Card
  • Oculus - you received $50 in Oculus Store credit
  • Amazon - you received a $50 Amazon Digital credit.

In your case, you purchased from Amazon, so that's where your credit will end up.  Regardless of whatever type-o you found, I wouldn't expect to receive ANOTHER $50 credit from Oculus.

Claim your $50 credit from Amazon and be happy

I bought from Oculus own website, but can't find the credits, where should I look? 

Ellabellako
Honored Guest

Well done with all the research, it was helpful!

I don't expect to get ANOTHER $50 credit from oculus, I haven't received any.  I get what was supposed to happen now, but I was going by what I read, I didn't get the $50 promotion from amazon because I didn't know that there was one.

@deblaaz wrote:

I don't expect to get ANOTHER $50 credit from oculus, I haven't received any.  I get what was supposed to happen now, but I was going by what I read, I didn't get the $50 promotion from amazon because I didn't know that there was one.

Well there ya go. Contact Amazon and claim your $50 Amazon credit. Done

I did, they said that i had to use the promo code at check out in order to receive the credit.

Well then, sounds like your problem is with Amazon and not Oculus; you're on the wrong support forum.

Usually for the best resolution with Amazon, do the Phone Support.