cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help deciding which gaming computer (Tower) to buy.

Rhino1112
Honored Guest
Have seen on this site listed compatible systems but when on retail sites their descriptions are misleading & confusing. Would really appreciate your help & advice with choosing a compatible VR Ready computer Tower(s).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry but you really need to do at least some basic research into this yourself imho.  Refer to recommended (not minimum) recommendations (also depends on which VR headset) on the Oculus website and also recommended specs for whatever VR games you are interested in playing (now and in the future).  Buying better specs will obviously give you better VR performance but it depends on what you can afford to spend. 

Also depends on whether you prefer AMD or Intel/nvidia.  Personally I prefer the green team (Intel/nvidia).  

If you look at my specs (see my signature below) I would say that's a good place to start with.  Even then, I'm currently looking at upgrading my gpu to a rtx3080ti and maybe a better power supply in the near future.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rhino1112
Honored Guest
HELP

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry but you really need to do at least some basic research into this yourself imho.  Refer to recommended (not minimum) recommendations (also depends on which VR headset) on the Oculus website and also recommended specs for whatever VR games you are interested in playing (now and in the future).  Buying better specs will obviously give you better VR performance but it depends on what you can afford to spend. 

Also depends on whether you prefer AMD or Intel/nvidia.  Personally I prefer the green team (Intel/nvidia).  

If you look at my specs (see my signature below) I would say that's a good place to start with.  Even then, I'm currently looking at upgrading my gpu to a rtx3080ti and maybe a better power supply in the near future.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Rhino1112
Honored Guest
Thanks TomCgcmfc massive help I'm on quest2 and have been looking @ rtx20&30 series but wasn't sure of compatibility