cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new feature request (for discussion) - ability to add a hotspot/teleport site to load new Home rooms

kzintzi
Trustee
I am wondering if people would see the benefit in being able to place a trigger in your home environment to trigger the loading of a new environment.. that way you could enter your home, head over to the door on the left and enter your living room, go back into the foyer, then head right and enter the hallway, then use that to enter the bathroom, the bedroom, the lounge, etc.. sure it'd mean waiting for new rooms to res in but I think it'd be cool/fun.

thoughts?
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
6 REPLIES 6

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm not really getting this. You can move anywhere you want. You're talking about Oculus Home for the Rift, right?

kzintzi
Trustee
yeah.

the way I see it being used is you can define one room as your entry, then setup different triggers for different environments in other locations.. the result would be like having multiple different rooms you can move to and from without having to open up the home dash to open each one as you would just move to the teleporter/portal to a new room.

that way you could have your office in outer space, your lounge room in the mountains, and your TV room in Tuscany, and move from room to room using predetermined teleport triggers.

it would also allow you to have visitors only able to move through your rooms in a predetermined way so you could have a secret/restricted location that's not publicly accessible but would still fit the flow.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Oh I get it. Different Homes become different Rooms.

I like it!

Also, this thread should have been created in the new Rift forum! It's all the rage now.
😛

kzintzi
Trustee
hahaha... I saw that discussion going on, but didn't realise a new category had been created yet.

@cybereality/another moderator can you move this for me please :smile:

RattyUK
Trustee
I'd like that too...  Build 'doorways' to navigate your virtual house and drop into a 'new' home as you pass through.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, that doesn't sound to bad at all actually, and would give us a lil more functionality with our home items ie: certain stuff in certain rooms, ooh it'd help plenty with paintings..

SportsbarVR has a feature like that where you need to teleport through the door from the foyer into the bar and spawn into the instance, works great and yeah would be awesome!! Great suggestion dude.
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃