cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only just noticed my 980ti has only one hdmi

jusbott
Expert Protege
only just noticed my 980ti has one hdmi, 3 displayports and one dvi and the hdmi is used has its on a 4k tv so for the rift can you use a dvi to hdmi adapter and put it in that
50 REPLIES 50

MVIVID
Protege
I have a question, I've got 2 GTX 980 Ti's SLI'd together, they each of course have and HDMI port. Could I plug the rift into one card, and my TV into the other, using both the HDMI ports? Has anyone tested this.. I'm almost sure you could, but I want to be 100% on this so when I finally get the rift, I'm not then ordering new parts online and waiting even longer.. Thanks in advance for your help. 

MVIVID
Protege

MVIVID said:

I read on Oculus's site that cannot use an adapter to HDMI for the rift, and that you have to use the direct HDMI port on your dedicated graphics card. Using an adapter may not work, not sure if it's just a strong suggestion, or a technical impossibility but I'd keep that in mind, or hopefully someone who has tested could check. 

MVIVID
Protege

MVIVID said:

I read on Oculus's site that cannot use an adapter to HDMI for the rift, and that you have to use the direct HDMI port on your dedicated graphics card. Using an adapter may not work, not sure if it's just a strong suggestion, or a technical impossibility but I'd keep that in mind, or hopefully someone who has tested could check. 

v558eqmcqdic.png

paesan
Expert Protege

MVIVID said:

I have a question, I've got 2 GTX 980 Ti's SLI'd together, they each of course have and HDMI port. Could I plug the rift into one card, and my TV into the other, using both the HDMI ports? Has anyone tested this.. I'm almost sure you could, but I want to be 100% on this so when I finally get the rift, I'm not then ordering new parts online and waiting even longer.. Thanks in advance for your help. 

I have a 970 sli setup, don't see why you can't use 1 hdmi for the Rift and the other hdmi for you display.  However, this is just speculation on my part seeing I don't have the Rift yet.  When using sli only 1 display can be active at once anyhow. I currently have my tv attached to 1 hdmi port and my monitor to the other hdmi port. When sli is off I can use both displays at once but only 1 at a time when using sli.
Intel i7 7700k | Asus ROG Strix Z270E | G Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200 | Asus GTX1080-O8G
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500GB | Swiftech H240 X2 | WD Black 5TB | WD Black 4TB
Toshiba 1TB | Corsair Graphite 760T | Windows 10 64 bit | Rift CV1 + Touch | StarTech 4 port PCI Express USB 3 - 5Gbps

MVIVID
Protege

paesan said:

MVIVID said:

I have a 970 sli setup, don't see why you can't use 1 hdmi for the Rift and the other hdmi for you display.  However, this is just speculation on my part seeing I don't have the Rift yet.  When using sli only 1 display can be active at once anyhow. I currently have my tv attached to 1 hdmi port and my monitor to the other hdmi port. When sli is off I can use both displays at once but only 1 at a time when using sli.

Oh I see. So you go into the display control panel and disable when you want to use each card for a separate screen at the same time.. I guess that makes sense since SLI doubles the power for a single output. Thanks, that helps.. I really hope someone can test this to be 100% certain. But until then I agree, it should work w/ SLI off. 

Wildt
Consultant

Percy1983 said:

Seems there is finally a dp to hdmi2.0 adapter which works:

http://www.amazon.com/Club3D-Displaypor ... AC-1070%29

There you go use that for your TV and hdmi to the Rift.

I just bought this exact adapter, so I could hook up my Panasonic PT-AE-5000 projector via the DP instead of the HDMI, which is now reserved for the Rift.

I have a Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 980 TI, and the Nvidia control panel will NOT detect my projector NOR the Rift if connected via this DP adapter!

I've mailed Club3D support and no answer yet. 😞
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

paesan
Expert Protege

MVIVID said:

paesan said:

MVIVID said:

Oh I see. So you go into the display control panel and disable when you want to use each card for a separate screen at the same time.. I guess that makes sense since SLI doubles the power for a single output. Thanks, that helps.. I really hope someone can test this to be 100% certain. But until then I agree, it should work w/ SLI off. 

Not what I meant in regards to SLI. What I meant is when SLI is enabled it will only allow 1 display to work at a time. Currently I have my tv connected to 1 hdmi port and my monitor connected to the other hdmi  port. I use my monitor for everyday stuff, when I play games I go to Nvidia control panel and switch over to my tv. When I do this with SLI enabled a message box pops up saying that only 1 display can work at a time, the signal switches to my tv and the monitor goes blank. When I get the Rift I will connect it to 1 hdmi port, connect my tv to the other hdmi port and now connect my monitor to the dvi port. So SLI should work no problem, just pick which display you want to use. Not sure if I explained that clearly.
Intel i7 7700k | Asus ROG Strix Z270E | G Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200 | Asus GTX1080-O8G
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500GB | Swiftech H240 X2 | WD Black 5TB | WD Black 4TB
Toshiba 1TB | Corsair Graphite 760T | Windows 10 64 bit | Rift CV1 + Touch | StarTech 4 port PCI Express USB 3 - 5Gbps

MVIVID
Protege

paesan said:

MVIVID said:

paesan said:

MVIVID said:

Not what I meant in regards to SLI. What I meant is when SLI is enabled it will only allow 1 display to work at a time. Currently I have my tv connected to 1 hdmi port and my monitor connected to the other hdmi  port. I use my monitor for everyday stuff, when I play games I go to Nvidia control panel and switch over to my tv. When I do this with SLI enabled a message box pops up saying that only 1 display can work at a time, the signal switches to my tv and the monitor goes blank. When I get the Rift I will connect it to 1 hdmi port, connect my tv to the other hdmi port and now connect my monitor to the dvi port. So SLI should work no problem, just pick which display you want to use. Not sure if I explained that clearly.

Yes you explained it well, and I understand, but started talking about something slightly different, but completely  understand what your saying. That's great, and I'm glad I won't need an adapter. 

AntDX3162
Heroic Explorer
You need to have a gsync displayport monitor with a 980 ti.
facebook.com/AntDX316

MVIVID
Protege

AntDX3162 said:

You need to have a gsync displayport monitor with a 980 ti.

Explain.