cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only just noticed my 980ti has only one hdmi

jusbott
Expert Protege
only just noticed my 980ti has one hdmi, 3 displayports and one dvi and the hdmi is used has its on a 4k tv so for the rift can you use a dvi to hdmi adapter and put it in that
50 REPLIES 50

cybereality
Grand Champion
SLI is not supported in VR at all really (aside from the Nvidia tech demo). DisplayPort adapters should work with the TV. I've also had success with DVI-to-HDMI and DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapters and Rift, but other people have reported issues.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Thmoas
Rising Star
For me with 980ti, HDMI works. Cablematters DP to HDMI works, ATI DVI to HDMI adapter works fine (was included with old graphics card).

However, with HDMI passive extention 3 meters, only the (ATI) DVI to HDMI adapter works.

Solsland
Adventurer

rolldog said:

MVIVID said:

I have a question, I've got 2 GTX 980 Ti's SLI'd together, they each of course have and HDMI port. Could I plug the rift into one card, and my TV into the other, using both the HDMI ports? Has anyone tested this.. I'm almost sure you could, but I want to be 100% on this so when I finally get the rift, I'm not then ordering new parts online and waiting even longer.. Thanks in advance for your help. 

If you have the GPUs running SLI, then none of the ports on GPU1 will work. If you remove the SLI, then you could probably run the GPUs independently. Please let me know how you got it working because I'm in the same position. I've been running my Oculus off my laptop, but now that my new rig is finally finished being built, I'd like to see how it runs of it. Of course, running the GPUs independently won't provide as much power as running SLI, so figuring out a way to hook the Rift up along with an HDMI monitor/TV would be great to know. 

I'm running 2 x Gigabyte 980 Ti Gaming 6GB G1 GPUs running SLI, each one is unlocked and has a custom BIOS flashed, but I recently purchased an LG OLED 4K UHD TV to use as my monitor, replacing 3 x Samsung 4K monitors running Nvidia Surround. The 3 monitors were all running off the DP adapters, but my LG OLED runs off HDMI. Since I'd rather not ditch my OLED monitor, I guess my only options are a DP to HDMI adapter for the LG so I can use the HDMI for the Rift or just keep running the Rift off my laptop, which I'd rather not do having so much time vested into this build. I know with an i7-6950X, my 2 x 980 Tis, and 32GB Corsair Dominator memory, the rift should run much better than my laptop, even though it's running a GTX 1070, which is a step-up from my desktop GPUs. 

I am also using an LG OLED UHD TV as a monitor and I run the PC to TV via DP to HDMI without any problems whatsoever.  I did try running DVI to HDMI and had nothing but problems.  Tried 2 completely different brands and they both started creating fail lines across the TV screen.  No such problems with the DP which has been running without a beat for roughly 4 months.

Picture on the LG is stunning.

elboffor
Consultant

don't quote me

Sorry, couldn't resist.

As for the topic, on my 1070 I have hdmi (has audio) dvi-d (has audio) and 3 display ports (all have audio) 
I'm pretty sure all are capable of 4k so it's kinda academic 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

whitav8
Protege
@cybereality,
    I think you are saying that the "Cable Matters" Display Port to HDMI works with CV1 - not necessarily with a 4K HDTV at 4:4:4@60Hz

cybereality
Grand Champion
The adapter I linked to most likely will work on Rift (at least it worked for me). While it supports 4K, it's likely at 30Hz and probably not 4:4:4 color. If you need to run a TV at those settings then you may need a newer adapter.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

whitav8
Protege
We would like you to try the following to see if it works with the CV1 as well as a 4K Club3D Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD (CAC-1070)

rolldog
Honored Guest

Solsland said:

rolldog said:

MVIVID said:

I have a question, I've got 2 GTX 980 Ti's SLI'd together, they each of course have and HDMI port. Could I plug the rift into one card, and my TV into the other, using both the HDMI ports? Has anyone tested this.. I'm almost sure you could, but I want to be 100% on this so when I finally get the rift, I'm not then ordering new parts online and waiting even longer.. Thanks in advance for your help. 

If you have the GPUs running SLI, then none of the ports on GPU1 will work. If you remove the SLI, then you could probably run the GPUs independently. Please let me know how you got it working because I'm in the same position. I've been running my Oculus off my laptop, but now that my new rig is finally finished being built, I'd like to see how it runs of it. Of course, running the GPUs independently won't provide as much power as running SLI, so figuring out a way to hook the Rift up along with an HDMI monitor/TV would be great to know. 

I'm running 2 x Gigabyte 980 Ti Gaming 6GB G1 GPUs running SLI, each one is unlocked and has a custom BIOS flashed, but I recently purchased an LG OLED 4K UHD TV to use as my monitor, replacing 3 x Samsung 4K monitors running Nvidia Surround. The 3 monitors were all running off the DP adapters, but my LG OLED runs off HDMI. Since I'd rather not ditch my OLED monitor, I guess my only options are a DP to HDMI adapter for the LG so I can use the HDMI for the Rift or just keep running the Rift off my laptop, which I'd rather not do having so much time vested into this build. I know with an i7-6950X, my 2 x 980 Tis, and 32GB Corsair Dominator memory, the rift should run much better than my laptop, even though it's running a GTX 1070, which is a step-up from my desktop GPUs. 

I am also using an LG OLED UHD TV as a monitor and I run the PC to TV via DP to HDMI without any problems whatsoever.  I did try running DVI to HDMI and had nothing but problems.  Tried 2 completely different brands and they both started creating fail lines across the TV screen.  No such problems with the DP which has been running without a beat for roughly 4 months.

Picture on the LG is stunning.

Well, I ordered 2 different DP to HDMI adapters, which came in today. I guess I'll try them both out tomorrow. 

If SLI doesn't work with the Rift, I guess I'm going to have to disable SLI on my 980 Ti's. If I do this, then I should be able to use the HDMI port from each GPU, right? I guess I have a lot of testing to do tomorrow. I've only run the Rift from my laptop so far, so I'm curious to see how it works off my desktop, 

VRsteve
Expert Protege
My Rift is running through the DVI via an adaptor on my 980ti. No issues what so ever.

whitav8
Protege
@cybereality,
We would like you to try the following to see if it works with the CV1 as well as a 4K HDTV.

Club3D Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 UHD (CAC-1070)