cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unspoken" Not Available / invalid.

Bloodlet
Level 8
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue before I make a support ticket.

When I received my processing email for Touch I also received my promotion Code, So I installed Unspoken ready for their arrival.

When I received the order shipped email I received a second promotional code. When I tried to redeem it I got the message I had already claimed these games. Fair enough.

However now Unspoken is showing in my "not installed" library. With an "X" and the message " Not Valid".
On the oculus Store, when I click on "Unspoken" It says "Unavailable".

I thought this was a free game with the release of the Touch controllers, which I now have. Did this one not get released yet or is there an error on my account?
5 REPLIES 5

OpticKing
Level 11
Seems like an error, I don't even have my controllers yet, mine are installed already. Got the e-mail for them at 3 am. Installed an hour ago, just waiting for delivery to start touching things.

cybereality
Level 15
The games (Unspoken and VR Sports) would have been Invalid prior to launch, since they had not been released. But they should be fine now as it's launch day. Can you take another look and see if you can install?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Level 15
Actually, scratch what I said. There actually is a bug for a small number of users who attempted to pre-load Unspoken before it was ready. If your Unspoken icon still says "Not Valid" then you are probably one of these people. To fix the problem, please do the following.

- Shutdown Oculus Runtime
-- Win-R, or windows key then search for `services.msc`
-- Scroll down to find and select `Oculus VR Runtime Service`
-- Right click, 'stop'
-- Leave this window open

- Delete `The Unspoken` manifest files
-- Find Oculus games folder
--- By default, this is C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\
-- Go to Manifests\ folder within Oculus games folder
-- Delete insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json and insomniac-games-the-unspoken.json.mini

- Delete Oculus saved session information
-- Open a File (Windows) Explorer window
-- Enter into the path bar `%APPDATA%\Oculus`
-- Delete the `sessions` folder

- Restart Oculus Runtime
-- In services.msc, right click `Oculus VR Runtime Service`, click start
-- Double-click Oculus shortcut on desktop to start the Oculus client
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Crovea
Level 2
Mine is still showing as invalid: http://i.imgur.com/rxdVQc2.png
I installed it yesterday, before I got the touch controllers
EDIT: Did your fix and it seems to have fixed the issue! It is now letting me install, thanks!

Bloodlet
Level 8
@cybereality
That worked. Thankyou for your help. It's now downloading as I type.