cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensor not working since todays windows update

micster66
Explorer
Everything was working fine on my oculus, this morning there was a windows update on my pc, now it is not detecting my sensor ?   😕
13 REPLIES 13

Greyman
Superstar
There are a few discussions on this board on this topic and the main solution being used appears to be to reverse out the Windows update, until the problem has been properly resolved.   However, i had the problem and managed to fix it by reinstalling the sensor's drivers from a folder on my PC that not everyone appears to have.  The folder will probably be on the same drive as you chose to install the Oculus Home software and the path should be something like, C:\Program Files\Oculus VR Runtime Drivers\Drivers.  Just find the sensor in device manager, via the control panel, and resinstall drivers, using the folder above as the place for it to look.

Like i said, it worked for me, but others don't appear to have that folder and i have yet to figure out why that might be.  

Worth a try.

EDIT: I did a bit of research and found this thread that was started a fair time ago, but that appears to have been recently revived, with some success.  It tells you how to find those files if the folder above does not exist on your PC.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35135/rift-sensor-driver-not-found-solved

Good Luck

Demilson
Protege
I have a DK2 and also had the same problem after the last update of Windows 10. Simply, the sensor camera stopped working and turned off the blue light (which was always lit) and the games did not run.

I tried the suggestions here, but for me it did not work!

By chance, I found the folder "C: \ Program Files \ Oculus VR Runtime Drivers \ Drivers" and there was three subfolders: DK2Sensor, Monitor and Rift Sensor.

So, I went into Device Manager and sent to update the Rift DK2 Sensor driver. However, I chose not to update automatically (to search the driver also on the Internet), but get the drive on your computer and choose the folder that I quoted above "C: \ Program Files \ Oculus VR Runtime Drivers \ Drivers" and Windows updated the driver and the Rift sensor returned to work.

PS .: - Before, I had tried to update the driver with automatic search, but did not work; since Windows reports that "the best driver is already installed."
       - Also, I tried to only choose the subfolder "... Drivers \ DK2Sensor" but did not work.

I do not know if these folders also exist in CV1 and which name appears in the "Device Manager" Windows 10 for the camera sensor rift; but for the DK2 was:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Greyman
Superstar
So, you tried the suggestions here and it did work?

if you read my earlier post your solution was what I had suggested.

No worries.  I suppose the fact that your rift is back in action is what really matters.

micster66
Explorer
Hi and thank you all,

However since its a new computer I just reformatted it and started from scratch, it worked fine all day. I turned off PC last night when I went to bed, got up this morning and turned it on. And no its not recognizing the sensor again.

This Isn't good  😞

danknugz
Superstar
I reformatted/reinstalled win 10 over the weekend because I had installed it originally as a secondary drive, so all the boot info was on the old primary sata, and when I tried to remove the sata leaving only the secondary ssd, it failed to boot, I tired to fix using all manner of commands like bcdboot and whatnot that used to work with windows 7, but apparently windows 8/10 is a lot different.

If anyone knows a way to copy the boot info or reinitialize it on a drive with windows 10 that doesn't have the boot partition I would love to be enlightened.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

micster66
Explorer
Don't they have a number we can call. This is all BS. When you buy something it should work as advertised, why are we messing with files etc etc. :s

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

micster66 said:

Don't they have a number we can call. This is all BS. When you buy something it should work as advertised, why are we messing with files etc etc. :s

Did your computer update overnight? The win 10 AU has been shown to cause major issues, if so try reverting the update to see if that solves your issue.

The reason we're 'messing with files' is the sheer number of hardware/software combinations around the world with people's individual setups. This makes it impossible to account for everything that could go wrong, especially with this untapped unexplored market in its infancy. They probably have a nice little fleet of test pcs that they run all updates on before the update is pushed to us, even with that fleet it doesn't compare the the vast difference of pc configuration in the wild. Tons of people have had 0 issues with their rift, but they don't need to voice anything since it's working, what we're seeing is the issues that do arise, so it's easy to think it's oculus with shoddy workmanship.

m0bius
Protege
I had a different Win10 issue with my DK2.  My blue light was on and tracking worked, but nothing actually displayed on the HMD.  I uninstalled/reinstalled Oculus and it started working again.  Oh, you silly, fickle computers!

micster66
Explorer

Demilson said:

I have a DK2 and also had the same problem after the last update of Windows 10. Simply, the sensor camera stopped working and turned off the blue light (which was always lit) and the games did not run.

I tried the suggestions here, but for me it did not work!

By chance, I found the folder "C: \ Program Files \ Oculus VR Runtime Drivers \ Drivers" and there was three subfolders: DK2Sensor, Monitor and Rift Sensor.

So, I went into Device Manager and sent to update the Rift DK2 Sensor driver. However, I chose not to update automatically (to search the driver also on the Internet), but get the drive on your computer and choose the folder that I quoted above "C: \ Program Files \ Oculus VR Runtime Drivers \ Drivers" and Windows updated the driver and the Rift sensor returned to work.

PS .: - Before, I had tried to update the driver with automatic search, but did not work; since Windows reports that "the best driver is already installed."
       - Also, I tried to only choose the subfolder "... Drivers \ DK2Sensor" but did not work.

I do not know if these folders also exist in CV1 and which name appears in the "Device Manager" Windows 10 for the camera sensor rift; but for the DK2 was:

PROBLEM SOLVED!