cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensor placement?

Wilsir0505
Honored Guest
so i have a rift cv1 and i have two sensor for it. issue is, i dont know where to put the sensors. my room size is 10'2" in length, 11' in width, and 8' in height. my original plan was to put one in the top corner of my room and one in the opposite corner but at the bottom, but i dont think the cords for the sensors will reach my pc without an extension. i could put them on my desk, but i am trying to get as much tracking as i can with them, and unless im wrong they dont track well if you turn away from them when they are on your desk. is there any better way to do this? also, ami wrong about them no tracking as well when on the desk?
5 REPLIES 5

Wilsir0505
Honored Guest
i am trying to do this without having to buy any extensions or anything.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
If you can place one left and right of you then that would give you a good covering when you turn away from one....but you might be best getting a extension cable for one and putting it behind you, amazon basic 6 feet USB 3 ones are fine, i have had two running for 3 years now with no issues. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Wilsir0505
Honored Guest

OmegaM4N said:

If you can place one left and right of you then that would give you a good covering when you turn away from one....but you might be best getting a extension cable for one and putting it behind you, amazon basic 6 feet USB 3 ones are fine, i have had two running for 3 years now with no issues. 😉

when you say left and right of me, do you mean like on the walls left and right of me? because if so then that's an issue due to the fact that one of those walls has a window  that takes up most of the wall. 

Richooal
Consultant
If you go to this link................
https://support.oculus.com/857827607684748/
.......... you'll find a detailed Oculus 2 sensor, 360 degree set up guide.

a11e701had49.jpg

It gives a lot of info about the one in front and one behind setup.

To answer your question about sensors on your desk. If the sensors are on the desk, and your play area is close to the desk, then part of your play area will be in the "shadow" of your desk. Better set ups have the sensors mounted high up to reduce the "shadow".

rxdgl8k3ccsx.jpg

I have 3 sensors. Front Rt is direct connection, Front Lt has a basic unpowered 2 metre extension and the rear has a 5 metre active extension. All sensors have worked fine for 3 years now.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Wilsir0505
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

If you go to this link................
.......... you'll find a detailed Oculus 2 sensor, 360 degree set up guide.

a11e701had49.jpg

It gives a lot of info about the one in front and one behind setup.

To answer your question about sensors on your desk. If the sensors are on the desk, and your play area is close to the desk, then part of your play area will be in the "shadow" of your desk. Better set ups have the sensors mounted high up to reduce the "shadow".

rxdgl8k3ccsx.jpg

I have 3 sensors. Front Rt is direct connection, Front Lt has a basic unpowered 2 metre extension and the rear has a 5 metre active extension. All sensors have worked fine for 3 years now.

ok ill try this out. thanks!