cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skilled labour force

Team13
Honored Guest
I need you expertise. I had a question about the Oculus Rift and was wondering if someone can answer these questions.

Does oculus (now facebook) assign a lot of highly skilled personnel to only focus on the development and improvement of the OR? If so, how many?
I would think so, seen as it has to be perfect in order to secure user satisfaction.

I hope to get some feedback on these question. I'm very interested in the responses i will receive. :?:
3 REPLIES 3

VizionVR
Rising Star
"Team13" wrote:
I need you expertise. I had a question about the Oculus Rift and was wondering if someone can answer these questions.

Does oculus (now facebook) assign a lot of highly skilled personnel to only focus on the development and improvement of the OR? If so, how many?
I would think so, seen as it has to be perfect in order to secure user satisfaction.

I hope to get some feedback on these question. I'm very interested in the responses i will receive. :?:

Yes. Many of the best VR developers now work for Oculus. Last I heard, it was around 300 people and growing.
Necessary perfection is both subjective and an unrealistic goal, but the Oculus Rift will be an amazing product for almost anyone interested in VR.

Edit: See Brendan Iribe, that's how you answer a question. 😛
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Team13
Honored Guest
"vizionvr" wrote:
Yes. Many of the best VR developers now work for Oculus. Last I heard, it was around 300 people and growing.
Necessary perfection is both subjective and an unrealistic goal, but the Oculus Rift will be an amazing product for almost anyone interested in VR.

Edit: See Brendan Iribe, that's how you answer a question. 😛

But do you think that this has influence on its success? especially if you compare it to other companies that produce the same kind of technology?

VizionVR
Rising Star
Well, considering that Oculus hired many of the key developers away from their competitors, or bought companies out directly, I'd say that gives Oculus a good chance in the market. 😉
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.