cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suddenly i'm really tall, like floating. How do I calibrate or change the height?

gamerquest_tota
Level 4
Hello, suddenly i'm really tall, like floating. How do I calibrate or change the height? Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

Nunyabinez
Level 8
There is not enough information in your question for anyone to help you. Is this Quest or Rift? Is it when using Link?
Each of these has a different solution.

It it's your quest, just restart the headset. For others you would need to repeat the user setup. Steam also has its own setup and calibration that you have to do in addition to doing it in the Oculus app.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

gamerquest_tota
Level 4
Sorry, you are right. It's a quest 2. I already restart with no difference. No link used. I will try to check the app as you said. I'm a bit lost, I guess. Thank you for answering

w_benjamin
Level 5
reset your guardian and floor height.
If you've turned the guardian off, turn it back on, reset the guardian and floor height, and turn it back off.

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

reset your guardian and floor height.
If you've turned the guardian off, turn it back on, reset the guardian and floor height, and turn it back off.

Ya, in developer mode (because I use my Quest wireless w/Virtual Desktop, I often turn off guardian and this is fine for a couple of sessions but after that it bites you on the bum, lol!  Likewise with Link if you turn off guardian in the Rift home. 

Like you say, you just need to redo guardian (maybe even delete your guardian history) and then all's well again.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to stop putting the wrong sort of mushrooms in your spaghetti bolognese ? ? ?

Sobhanadreshwar
Level 2

snowdog said:

You need to stop putting the wrong sort of mushrooms in your spaghetti bolognese ? ? ?

😛 

sam_cat_904750
Level 2
This is a common bug on the Quest 2, I've been searching for a solution for days.  Factory reset, new batteries in controllers, change room, change lighting, etc.  Nothing works.