cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tray tool freezes

teisco
Honored Guest
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times but it always freezes up and have to end with task manager.
6 REPLIES 6

Antigollos
Honored Guest
I have the same problem! I am running win 10 and it shows only the tray pop up "Oculus Tray Tool" Starting up, please wait..... it was working fine in the beginning. No clue, no google threads about it. nothing 😕

Antigollos
Honored Guest
Same problem with me! Win10, worked 1st without problems. And now it shows the same described freezing behavior. Maybe it's on of the latest updates. My windows 10 update version number is: 1803. Which version numbers do you guys have? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Send a message to ApollyonVR and include your OTT.log file.
He will get you sorted.

NickCharles
Honored Guest
I have the same problem:how do I get the OTT.log file & then since I am new here how do I get the PM for ApollyonVR?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check the first post of the Oculus Tray Tool Thread, there you will see ApollyonVR - just send him a PM.
OTT.log file is in your Oculus Tray Tool folder.
You can attach it to the PM you send. ( may need to zip it ).

GeekyGami
Adventurer
I have your fix!

What's happening is that you're running OVRServer64 on a different account than what OTT is, so it's getting confused

They both need to run as administrator

To do that, you go in services.msc, find Oculus Runtime, and change the Logon to the account you use for OTT

That means you have to start OVRServer64.exe manually as Administrator as well before starting OTT, but it'll actually work, for a change